1. #1561
    Hello all. I have a question Regarding ICC.

    I've searched but i couldn't get a clear answer.

    If i clear ICC 10 Normal, (since i have NEVER cleared in any difficulty on my DK) can i on the next week clear all the way up to the Lich king and then switch it to 25HC?

    Kind Regards and thanks in advance.

  2. #1562
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashion View Post
    Any tips on how to kill Maloriak? Is there a way to avoid getting frozen when he does the blue caldron thingy?
    DnD, Unholy Blight and maybe AMS

    Exploration machinimas : The Abyssal Maw, and Over the Mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'll buy every single person in this thread dinner if it's not Azshara next.

  3. #1563
    Mechagnome Kassina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alingsås, Sweden
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Hello all. I have a question Regarding ICC.

    I've searched but i couldn't get a clear answer.

    If i clear ICC 10 Normal, (since i have NEVER cleared in any difficulty on my DK) can i on the next week clear all the way up to the Lich king and then switch it to 25HC?

    Kind Regards and thanks in advance.
    You need to kill LK on normal before switching to heroic,not sure if you can switch to 25h if you only got a 10 man LK normal kill, i doubt that i may be wrong

  4. #1564
    You are not. Normal kill still required for switching to heroic.

  5. #1565
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    You are not. Normal kill still required for switching to heroic.
    you didn't read my question properly then.

    I asked if i kill in 10man Normal, will i be able to switch to 25HC next time i reach him? OR do i need to kill him in 25 normal?

  6. #1566
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    you didn't read my question properly then.

    I asked if i kill in 10man Normal, will i be able to switch to 25HC next time i reach him? OR do i need to kill him in 25 normal?
    you could clear in normal, switch to 25 man kill him then next week be fine for 25mhc kill

    thats the safest way to do it IMO

    but im 90% certain you need 25 man kill to do 25 man heroic

  7. #1567
    You need to kill it in 25 normal before activating 25hc.

    Exploration machinimas : The Abyssal Maw, and Over the Mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'll buy every single person in this thread dinner if it's not Azshara next.

  8. #1568
    Thank you so much for the info. that sounds like a plan

  9. #1569
    I have two more questions for you guys if you don't mind.

    First off, is the legendary meta gem still better for blood dks than the reverberating primal diamond? I remember reading somewhere that blizzard was going to nerf it for tanks, but have not looked into it.

    Secondly, for a person who can only raid LFR, which of these combos would be better.
    -516 helmet(heroic scenario) + 522 shoulders (shado pan assault)
    -502 frost tier helmet and shoulders (giving a 4 piece)

    Thanks

  10. #1570
    Quote Originally Posted by babykdog View Post
    I have two more questions for you guys if you don't mind.

    First off, is the legendary meta gem still better for blood dks than the reverberating primal diamond? I remember reading somewhere that blizzard was going to nerf it for tanks, but have not looked into it.

    Secondly, for a person who can only raid LFR, which of these combos would be better.
    -516 helmet(heroic scenario) + 522 shoulders (shado pan assault)
    -502 frost tier helmet and shoulders (giving a 4 piece)

    Thanks
    The second choice. Saves you a ton of money on repairs/transmog as well as letting you start your Execute phase 10% early. On a fight like 25 HLK that's difference of 10 million health.

  11. #1571
    Hi, I was wondering what content could a freshly leveled DK solo up to? Let's say mostly heroic gear and some 522 pieces from the new quests/lucky world boss drops. For example my rogue has pretty terrible gear but I can solo BT with almost no effort save for the council - could I do that encounter as DK with bad gear?

  12. #1572
    Mechagnome Galdur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Þrúðheimr
    Posts
    503
    I thought Id give a try a timed ZA run tonite but Nalorakk really hammered me as blood (ilvl 495)
    I tried looking around but cannot find any info as to what am I doing wrong.
    Any help is appreciated.

  13. #1573
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    I thought Id give a try a timed ZA run tonite but Nalorakk really hammered me as blood (ilvl 495)
    I tried looking around but cannot find any info as to what am I doing wrong.
    Any help is appreciated.
    he simply hits like a semi truck, he has a charge taht makes you take 100% extra physical damage you simply got blow all your CD, use as much mastery as possible and pray you survive until bear form
    Hi, I was wondering what content could a freshly leveled DK solo up to? Let's say mostly heroic gear and some 522 pieces from the new quests/lucky world boss drops. For example my rogue has pretty terrible gear but I can solo BT with almost no effort save for the council - could I do that encounter as DK with bad gear?
    you can def do anything from BC and prob most of the wrath 10 mans at least anything above that would be case by case scenario

    theres a spreadsheet on the first page that gives a general idea of what gear you need for what

  14. #1574
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Odabear View Post
    Hi, I was wondering what content could a freshly leveled DK solo up to? Let's say mostly heroic gear and some 522 pieces from the new quests/lucky world boss drops. For example my rogue has pretty terrible gear but I can solo BT with almost no effort save for the council - could I do that encounter as DK with bad gear?

    TBC content is trivial faceroll cake with a level 90 death knight. You should be able to solo nearly all the Wrath 25N bosses, some of the Wrath 25H bosses, and some T11 and T12 Cataclysm bosses with that gear.

  15. #1575
    Quote Originally Posted by Galdur View Post
    I thought Id give a try a timed ZA run tonite but Nalorakk really hammered me as blood (ilvl 495)
    I tried looking around but cannot find any info as to what am I doing wrong.
    Any help is appreciated.
    2 variants.
    a) Burn him fast so he wouldn't use 2-3 charge (since only charge will be your problem). Requires good dps gear.
    b) Use you saves on 2-3 charge and uase Army right after 3rd, if I remember correctly ghouls can taunt him and give you time to wear off debuffs.

  16. #1576
    Hi guys,

    I've been trying these last days to solo Lady Deathwhispers acm Full house (25player) but at a certain point (depends on how long it takes until the different cultists spawn, sometimes in 2nd wave, sometimes in 5waves, the best i got wos 30% of her health) I die because of too much dmg, i burst her shield down and wait until i have the 5 different cultists (cult/reanimated adherent and cult/reanimated/deformed fanatics).
    Has anyone same tactics? or tips? especially how to handle with the debuff that gives 15 Global CD

    Blood Dk with 502ilvl tankgear! i also have 518ilvl dmg gear! but i only tried it with tank gear cause of survivability!
    I am using Conversion, AMZ, and aoe stun and blood tap

  17. #1577
    High Overlord Mizuiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    From the dutchies
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdry View Post
    Hi guys,

    I've been trying these last days to solo Lady Deathwhispers acm Full house (25player) but at a certain point (depends on how long it takes until the different cultists spawn, sometimes in 2nd wave, sometimes in 5waves, the best i got wos 30% of her health) I die because of too much dmg, i burst her shield down and wait until i have the 5 different cultists (cult/reanimated adherent and cult/reanimated/deformed fanatics).
    Has anyone same tactics? or tips? especially how to handle with the debuff that gives 15 Global CD

    Blood Dk with 502ilvl tankgear! i also have 518ilvl dmg gear! but i only tried it with tank gear cause of survivability!
    I am using Conversion, AMZ, and aoe stun and blood tap
    I didnt try the achievement on 25 lady DW, but i found it frigginly easy to kill her on 25 in dps gear (ilvl 504)
    U could try unglyphed vampiric blood for some extra overall healing but other then that nothing really

    Good luck next time tho

  18. #1578
    Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    I didnt try the achievement on 25 lady DW, but i found it frigginly easy to kill her on 25 in dps gear (ilvl 504)
    U could try unglyphed vampiric blood for some extra overall healing but other then that nothing really

    Good luck next time tho
    soloed it right now!
    did exchange ilvl 489 tank ring and shoes with ilvl 530 dmg gear and got the Achievement in 2nd try! Conversion saves your ass just keep it up as long as you can your runicpower allows to, because you will have some situations where you can't heal your self (15 sec global CD curse and the adds hit hard so you need some kind of healing)

    Greetz

  19. #1579
    Also you can kill normal versions of adds that already transformed into deformed/reanimated form. Just mark the ones you need for achiev to see whom to preserve.

  20. #1580
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominae View Post
    With all respect, wasn't he unsoloable then? I remember being sucked inside and then being instakilled/despawning, they only made him soloable when raid pets started dropping.
    In that route yes, but you could drag Ouro to Cthun and engage both at the same time. Every time you got ported to the stomach Ouro would pull you out to face him. Thus bugging the mechanic of dying in the stomach. The problem this left you with the 90% dmg reduction cthun has up so it was a very long fight. Something like 27 minutes if I remember.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPcEMaZ_NeE

    It was most definitely doable, and I wanted that axe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •