Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    Raegwyn just posted this a minute ago on his YouTube:

"Yes i used the 15% haste buff from heroic to compensate my missing dps gear. should be totally possible without it, with fully upgraded BiS dps gear though.

To anyone who still wants to bitch around because of the hastebuff. It requires you to bring sha of fear heroic to 66% what is exactly the same amount of HP as he has on normalmode with exactly the same mechanics.
    since he does slightly more dmg on heroic mode the amount of vengeance you gain is high enough to solo it to 66% for the buff without having it, what pretty much looks exactly the same as soloing him on normalmode, while it is a bit harder to survive. i dont say i did solo heroic to 66% i got help. but i tried it one single time and brought him to 78% without any issues while DPS was totally enough so yeah. i COULD have soloed the hastebuff too so stop bitching around because of it."

So he had guilders wipe on Sha HC every time he wiped. How this is even remotely considered a solo kill when he used a buff that other people had to get him is beyond me.
    Should just leave him alone. The only response at this point is if he could, then he should next week and that's the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Higher gear helps alot that big stam increase makes it to all but ignore adds which in turn feed your vengeance. The only trick in this fight is kill ice spheres. If you are good at it and that kind of gear its facerole of a fight. BTW if you cant be bother to dps during transitions 520ish ilvel is needed to ignore them and just dps the adds instead.

I use this strat as I prefer to 1 shot it and not to worry about getting 1 shot in return by ice spheres. Sit on stepes and facerole LK, you can also soak full defiles at that I lev too, but not 2 of them stacked.
    Just saying, if you look at my solo kill in 510 full dps gear, I didn't move from defile, so I had 2 stacked at all times, not that hard. Just I'm not really able to dps much in transitions, I fail at killing the spheres, so even in 529 I don't take the risk and go to the throne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Got Garalon LFR to 40% before enrage. Survived the massive crush, but he despawned after casting it :3 oh well.
    Obvious implication is that the DPS requirement of 10N is utterly nonexistent (18min enrage instead of 12, and roughly 40% less hp) so it's all about surviving the Pheromone damage (which seems impossible if you ask me, but you never know what might happen)

also, removing Sha from being done on the sheet until someone does it without the lei shi buff. didn't notice it at first but that's a big no :/
    Now now we know why you are removing him from the list. Technically it's still a solo, and he has lesser gear than you or Fnx. Yet he still beats both of you to it. Both of you drop in my expectations, while I've always looked forward to your kill vids mione, I won't any longer.

Solo still means killing a boss alone, being the only one in the instance during the kill is only what matters, the rest before that does not. Otherwise we can start debating that every solo isn't a solo unless you cleared the instance on your own leading up that boss. OH lawl.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2013-07-01 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Now now we know why you are removing him from the list. Technically it's still a solo, and he has lesser gear than you or Fnx. Yet he still beats both of you to it. Both of you drop in my expectations, while I've always looked forward to your kill vids mione, I won't any longer.

Solo still means killing a boss alone, being the only one in the instance during the kill is only what matters, the rest before that does not. Otherwise we can start debating that every solo isn't a solo unless you cleared the instance on your own leading up that boss. OH lawl.
    Sorry Mr. Raegwyn Fanboy, but obtaining a buff while IN A GROUP then defeating a boss with it is not legit soloing. Clearing with a group to a specific boss is perfectly fine, as long as it's you and only you on the specific boss you are claiming to of solo'd.

Would you accept someone getting full raid buffs, a Shaman popping BL, then everyone hearthing out as a solo fight? no. Same applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

Solo means killing a boss without any outside help. He got outside help to get the Heroic Haste buff. He didn't solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Solo means killing a boss without any outside help. He got outside help to get the Heroic Haste buff. He didn't solo it.
    Hypothetical question:

I don't count the kill with the Haste buff as legit, one reason being that while I don't think it's technically an "exploit," the boss wasn't designed around you using the haste buff to kill it on Normal. It was meant to help you get to Phase 2 on Heroic, and I guess Blizzard figured if you can get Sha to P2 on Heroic (which requires, by the way, a Normal kill to begin with) then it doesn't really matter whether you have a "free" buff if you fail and clear on Normal that lockout.

But... let's say someone had help getting Sha to P2 on heroic to get the buff, but then soloed Sha on heroic - P1 with buff, and P2. Would that be a legitimate solo in your books?

(Obviously in reality P2 will not be happening until DPS gets to the point where P1 is a joke without buff. But that's why this is hypothetical)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Hypothetical question:

I don't count the kill with the Haste buff as legit, one reason being that while I don't think it's technically an "exploit," the boss wasn't designed around you using the haste buff to kill it on Normal. It was meant to help you get to Phase 2 on Heroic, and I guess Blizzard figured if you can get Sha to P2 on Heroic (which requires, by the way, a Normal kill to begin with) then it doesn't really matter whether you have a "free" buff if you fail and clear on Normal that lockout.

But... let's say someone had help getting Sha to P2 on heroic to get the buff, but then soloed Sha on heroic - P1 with buff, and P2. Would that be a legitimate solo in your books?

(Obviously in reality P2 will not be happening until DPS gets to the point where P1 is a joke without buff. But that's why this is hypothetical)
    Isn't what you are suggesting the following:
    -Group takes Sha to P2
    - Group zones out following P2 and you solo through the rest
    It's obviously not a solo, as you get help with a third of the fight!

If you mean that you beat P2 with a group, wipe, and then repull, then yes, it is valid.

In any case, I think it's possible that we'll see a Heroic Sha kill next tier, as there you'll be able to use the haste buff for the entire fight legitimately.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-07-02 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    5th solo kill. Ultraxion left. Soon I run out of mounts to farm solo -_-
    Congrats on the mount! I got mine this week finally, kind of sad because I enjoy doing LK, still have ultraxion/dw/rag mount to go though, haven't even bothered with ultraxion as I'm too lazy to do it all just to get the save on another character, guess I should do that at some point.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, is Ultraxion 10N easy to execute? Would it be worth my time getting a 4/8 save?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post

I would not consider that to be legit, no. However, once Phase 2 can be solo'd, Phase 1 should be a joke, so the point is moot.

If Raegwyn, or any other DK solo's Phase 1 Heroic, then uses the "exploit" to get the buff on Normal, I'd consider that a solo kill. People have used exploits for solo kills before, so its not an issue. My biggest issue is that he got help to get the buff, which takes away from the solo aspect entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    First of all, thanks for this thread. Helped out a lot! Currently only on ilvl 506, but working on raising that level somewhat.

Anyway, for someone quite new to the soloing part of the Death Knights, and someone who havent read through all the pages of this thread yet, because, well 90 pages.. What's the Hyjal buff I see mentioned sometimes? :-)
    I'm not sure if I'm correct in saying this as I've never used it for soloing things, but my best guess is it's the MoTW buff from the druids that accompany you on that one Hyjal Daily where you go beat things up at that roost down south. It probably stacks with the regular MoTW or the kings drum buff or something, that's my best guess, someone who uses can confirm/deny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    In any case, I think it's possible that we'll see a Heroic Sha kill next tier, as there you'll be able to use the haste buff for the entire fight legitimately.
    btw isn't Sha Heroic one of these foverer impossible fights to solo? I'm assuming that as the only player you'll get the Champion of the Light buff and won't be able to move the entire P2. Then the adds (or just the huge dmg from Submerge/Implacable Strike) would simply kill you.
    Or is there a sneaky dk way to deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm correct in saying this as I've never used it for soloing things, but my best guess is it's the MoTW buff from the druids that accompany you on that one Hyjal Daily where you go beat things up at that roost down south. It probably stacks with the regular MoTW or the kings drum buff or something, that's my best guess, someone who uses can confirm/deny.
    Correct you get a total of 9% you can get 5% off the druids daily that will stack with drums 4%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Try getting faster weapons if possible, try making sure the liches die asap (rest doesn't matter)
    I buy 2 Tomahawk, axe speed 1.70. Valethria reach 83% of her life before a loot of lich comes. I will try to get the priest & paladin buff on my next try.

I see your video and I don't see what is wrong.

Are there a guide who focus on this boss ?
    What is the focus order of the mob ?
    Does i need to reach the hit/expertise cap ?
    Do I need to be near/under/far away of the boss to heal her ?
    I have the glyph of Vampiric Blood, i can keep it or replace it by an another glyph ?
    My gems are for the raid of MoP (a lot of mastery gems), i must replace gem with full stamina ? My actual health in ICC are ~850k.

Deleted
    Did anyone do Ultrax this week solo? Did it with both my dks and tbh... I had to use cds on my alt dk :/ Took insane amount of dmg, was the same story on my main dk, but not as critical at alll.

Did him 2 days ago, didn't notice anything unusual.

For Valitria glyph of death coil can help to survive her soft enrage longer. Focus her, set macro to cast coil on focus target, profit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    @anyone familiar with low-level DKs

So I hit level 73 on my death knight and got bored, so I headed to AQ10. I was expecting to be promptly owned by the trash, but it seems that I'm avoidance capped against level 63s, as none of the mobs there could land a melee hit. I killed Kurinaxx, Rajaxx (lol, I was unable to even kill the trash on my ungeared 85 mage back in cata), and Moam (joke), but hit a wall at Ossirian and Ayamiss. Ossirian seems very possible, but Ayamiss. . . I have an idea that involves pulling trash for Death Runes, but do you guys have any suggestions?
    Similarly for Baron Geddon in MC, he seems to hit for 3-4 times as much melee damage as the other bosses, what's up with that?

Finally, why am I avoidance capped against level 63 mobs, but completely susceptible to hits from a level 63 boss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Finally, why am I avoidance capped against level 63 mobs, but completely susceptible to hits from a level 63 boss?
    A boss will always be a minimum of 3 levels above you (so 76 in your case).

How do you guys that solo end bosses (H LK/Ultraxion/Al'Akir) keep your raid lockouts?

I tried to use a trial account to hold them but can't enter the raid and I don't want to bother my friends every time I'm going to solo one of them

why are mroe people not talking abuot that primordius solo