Blood has a lot of waiting???

I caved into a friend's requests and re-subbed for a month to see. I do not have WoD but might on christmas. Anyway, I find that once I go through a rotation, using either Runic Corruption or Blood Tap (doesn't matter which), I still sit there and just auto-attack maybe 20% of the time. I have no tried Runic Empowerment.

This is confusing. I remember in Cata, I had so much Runic Power coming that I was spamming Rune Strike often enough to warrant using Unholy Presence in PVP, questing, and some solo raid runs, as many people figured out. This led into the 1 second GCD from Unholy Presence being given to Blood, too, (and I think Frost? I didn't play Frost that much in MoP).

Then, came MoP and I was worried about Runic Empowerment no longer being baseline and Blood Tap being changed to a crappy Charges mechanic. I picked Runic Corruption and wound up having less issues than I was afraid I'd have. This was because they gave improved Blood Presence better Rune Regen partway through beta. I was a part of the MoP beta and until the better rune regen came in, Blood was as crap as I am experiencing right now. Only when Runic Corruption was being an RNG bitch would I have dry spots, but Empower Rune Weapon was usually off cooldown by then, so no problems!

So why was Improved Blood Presence gutted without giving me some way to still have decent rune regen? I've ran 3 instances and so far, almost died twice due to not being able to stack Death Strikes as on demand as I remember.

(Side note, the removal of Heart Strike is throwing me off incredibly so. Hitting Blood Boil to get a group of mob's attention, since DPS like running in before I get to spread DoTs, then using Outbreak or Plague Strike and Icy Touch, THEN Blood Boil again... so weird to me. Moving Blood Boil to where Heart Strike was is helping, slowly.)

Do I need to be stacking the HELL out of Haste and Mastery, rather than Crit/Parry and Mastery with some Dodge, as my MoP and Cata end game days remember?? Or did Blizzard decide it's okay for Blood to suck incredibly amounts of ass before getting Runic Strikes at 90, which might help at least spam Death Coils more often?

Do other tanks need to stack Haste? I can see maybe Guardian Druids and Monks doing it.

Stood in the Fire NoobistTV-Metro's Avatar
    Go full multistrike.
    Congrats on doing more DPS than the actual DPS specs.

Regardless, tanking is all about active mitigation now. Abilities are slower to perpetuate this.
    Its just a change you need to get used to.

Drop Defile if you need snap threat, or instantly apply diseases and blood boil as they run by you. They will be coming right back with that 50k-to-the-6-mobs you just did.
    Media Manager at NoobistTV - A network that focuses on growing our Partners over everything else.
    Learn more at http://noobist.tv/partnership/

almost died twice due to not being able to stack Death Strikes as on demand as I remember.

This is why

Edit:
    Not saying its the perfect gameplay. But its better then being blatantly overpowered
    Last edited by Nupomaniac; 2014-12-23 at 04:13 AM.

Just went on my 90 DK and DPSd on a target dummy for awhile. I dunno, Runic Strikes didn't seem to proc at all. Someone said to stack Multistrike, and I guess that's why. Seems Multistrike white damage grants Runic Power. Any other reason to stack Multistrike?

Also hell, we may as well be put back to a 1.5 second GCD. At least then, the wait times wouldn't be noticed as much, if at all since we wouldn't spam runes as quick.

As for the active mitigation post. DKs were active before. They still feel as active. I just couldn't keep Blood Shield up for crap with this shit rune regen.

I liked at the start of mists of pandaria how the death knight was deployed. deathknight was different than WotLK but still felt like the concept was moving forward with preserving the awesome about the class. specifics on tanking as long as you could supply the blood tap charges with runic power-- that was enjoyable to run dungeons as tank.

onto currant live with WoD:

blood boil is being spammed in my rotations. its the only skill to use regardless of it being free cast and i think its because necrotic strike heart strike are gone because they were considered bloat. heart strike provided some great runic power and necrotic strike did. those are gone and replaced by blood boil now. i dont like deathcoil being used as primary spender. i prefer runic strike and i rather take runic strike over death coil to be conscious of bloat.

side note: i always used all abilities. i didn't care about bloat because i found everything useful.

thank you
    Tell them, only that the lich king is dead and that the world of warcraft died with him.

Truth a double edge sword: always both sides to truth, when combined separates good from evil.
    always good and evil there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Just went on my 90 DK and DPSd on a target dummy for awhile. I dunno, Runic Strikes didn't seem to proc at all. Someone said to stack Multistrike, and I guess that's why. Seems Multistrike white damage grants Runic Power. Any other reason to stack Multistrike?

Also hell, we may as well be put back to a 1.5 second GCD. At least then, the wait times wouldn't be noticed as much, if at all since we wouldn't spam runes as quick.

As for the active mitigation post. DKs were active before. They still feel as active. I just couldn't keep Blood Shield up for crap with this shit rune regen.
    I play blood with Necrotic Plague and don't notice too much downtime personally...but that's at 100

We're not supposed to keep blood shield up as much anymore. Compared to SoO we are resource starved, but you have to remember that we are in the start of an expansion. I'm already noticing downtime getting lower as I progressively get gear in Highmaul, and I don't consider the downtime we have to be a problem. You are not supposed to spam everything as it comes up, timing death strikes is an integral part of playing Blood (especially now when the focus has shifted from the shield part to the healing part of DS).

Yeah I went necrotic plague, plague leech, outbreak glyph, runic corruption and multistrike where I can get it, while trying to keep mastery as high as possible.

Have very very little downtime, and will probably soon switch necrotic to defile since I think I'm closing in on a level of multistrike that I wont need the RP from necrotic to keep it fluent anymore :P

I keep reading "SoO". What is that? Stopped playing last time, before the second tier raid came out in MoP. Early March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I keep reading "SoO". What is that? Stopped playing last time, before the second tier raid came out in MoP. Early March 2013.
    Siege of Ogrimmar, the last tier of raiding in MoP.

Let me update this for another question of the same area. What on earth should I be choosing while leveling for stats? In Pandaria, the gear option is usually crit and mastery or crit and haste. I've been going Haste>Mastery>Crit in my head, choosing Haste and Mastery above everything else so far, until I can get Multistrike.