Page 9 of 260 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So mione do you think heroic Nefarion is soloable or not because of mind control.

Off topic: i need help with my frost dk..
    Why do my crits hit ALOT. i mean 50k less then against level 92s then level 93s (aka mop bosses)
    Any help? :O
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    You have to learn the timers and anticipate
    It's a very frustrating fight to do, I agree with that, however it's 100% preventable.
    If you never interrupt Maloriak during bue phase, he will (90% of the time) skip the first flash freeze, and only do the second one.

Off-topic: Got a warglaive doing a timer BT run. Seems like a nice streak of luck after Ashes last week, but I'll also take it as an encouragement to keep doing timed runs!
    Baww, I hate you, been farming glaives since early dragon-soul between 2 DK's and yet to see the MH drop after around 40 weeks, offhand is very lonely in my bags.

Probably going to one for tempest keep later so you've got some more up there, would time my Black Temple runs but I do them with friends so that's a no go :<
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Mionelol,

You haven't been able to do Baradin Hold? Why? Are the bosses there that difficult?
    I couldn't find much videos about solo there, just one in youtube, but I can't link here since I'm new to the forum.

The guy killed Occu'thar with a DK.

Hope you can get then down! :-)

[]'s

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mione, I'm sure that you're being overwhelmed by questions, but do you think it's possible to survive Madness at ilevel 495 in full tank gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Mione, I'm sure that you're being overwhelmed by questions, but do you think it's possible to survive Madness at ilevel 495 in full tank gear?
    Up to the enrage, yes. Once the enrage starts (for which you'll most certainly not meet the DPS requirement) you'll die off pretty quickly.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    I can straight tell you that survivability isn't an issue, it's dps that you should be worried about.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Up to the enrage, yes. Once the enrage starts (for which you'll most certainly not meet the DPS requirement) you'll die off pretty quickly.
    I'm going to use the bug. While it won't be a completely valid "solo," it'll still make me happy as I'll know there's no inherent mechanic I couldn't deal with, merely a DPS issue.

Cheers MMO Community,

Well, I managed to do as an Unholy Death Knight after a few wipes. It was a bit tougher than expected. I was just trying to get an item off of him. It seems that neither Mione nor Raegwyn have revisited the encounter, so I figured I'd just make a post about it. It's also important to mention that I used blood presence during the fight. There are two umbrella reasons why the fight was difficult:

1) If Phase Punch stacks to 5, you're ported and Algalon ascends thus ending the encounter.
    2) His damage output is relatively high. He's quite a fast-attacking jabroni. He was meleeing me for something like 9.7k with his MH and 4.4k with his OH while in blood presence. There is also perpetual magic damage during the fight from stars exploding to the quantum strikes and phase punches themselves.

With the advent of MoP, it is now possible to truck through the encounter before 5 Phase punches go out. It is a pretty strict burst dps check. The dps requirement of the fight is somewhere over 115k at least. When combat ended, I had about 131k dps. This is less feasible as a Blood DK. As aforementioned, I used blood presence during the fight because I was dying before I ever reached 5 stacks in Unholy Presence.

The best I could do is provide two screenshots: one screenshot of the chest in the background in addition to my dps, as well as a screenshot of the damage breakdown. I also elected to remove a lot of the clutter in my UI by gutting it (i.e. turning off some addons). I'll probably install a video-recording software when the lockout resets to "fraps" the fight just for completion's sake.

#1: imgur.com/aqaI532
    #2: imgur.com/P1xsRW8

For whatever reason that you want to kill Algalon, it only really comes down to a strict dps check. If you're struggling with it, it might be understandable :x

Oliver
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Oliver/simple

tl;dr lol AotD damage zerg & brawler's guild lvl material

Changed thread name so we can redirect people wishing for information for dk soloing that isn't necessarily blood specific.

After many many weeks of solo'n ICC 25M I finally completed the quest line and got my Shadowmourne Legendary this week! All that I have left to do is to kill the Lich King for the bonus chest rewards. Now when I cleared this every week for the shards I never did Lich King. He was the only boss I wouldn't do. I saw in Mione's spreadsheet that he has done it before and I know others have too. Can anyone offer me any advice or hints to try and make this as painless as possible? I have done this many many many times...just never solo'd it before. Can I wear full DPS gear still or do I need to put on tanking gear? DPS ilvl = 500 and Tank ilvl = 502

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    After many many weeks of solo'n ICC 25M I finally completed the quest line and got my Shadowmourne Legendary this week! All that I have left to do is to kill the Lich King for the bonus chest rewards. Now when I cleared this every week for the shards I never did Lich King. He was the only boss I wouldn't do. I saw in Mione's spreadsheet that he has done it before and I know others have too. Can anyone offer me any advice or hints to try and make this as painless as possible? I have done this many many many times...just never solo'd it before. Can I wear full DPS gear still or do I need to put on tanking gear? DPS ilvl = 500 and Tank ilvl = 502
    You can kill him on normal (25) if it's just to finish the last quest. Can be done in dps gear, easy.

Will Necrotic Plague be put on the Tank? Just wasn't sure about how to deal with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will never be put on the tank. Ever. If you want the plague you need engineering or let your ghoul tank for the first ~40sec of the fight untill you get it.

I finally managed to get LK25H down just now, think I was like 10 seconds from enrage and almost died because I got him to 10% while he was casting vile spirits in 2 defiles. I had so many 15% and 11% wipes, such a pain in the ass and incredibly annoying when that would happen, don't think I'll be back to farm for the mount until 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    I finally managed to get LK25H down just now, think I was like 10 seconds from enrage and almost died because I got him to 10% while he was casting vile spirits in 2 defiles. I had so many 15% and 11% wipes, such a pain in the ass and incredibly annoying when that would happen, don't think I'll be back to farm for the mount until 5.2.

http://s9.postimage.org/onza2nnzv/Wo_WScrn_Shot_021013_001929.jpg
    Damn, 490 iLevel? And here I was doubting whether my 509 would be enough to beat the enrage. Off to grab myself an Invincible I suppose. How'd you actually do it? Considering Mione did it in far better gear than you (namely a 517 Shin'ka) and actually had to fight the enrage for the last few percent.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-02-10 at 10:44 AM.
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Damn, 490 iLevel? And here I was doubting whether my 509 would be enough to beat the enrage. Off to grab myself an Invincible I suppose.
    DPS him during the transitions, most important part(for me anyway), I could usually knock off 10% or more during those. I had to stand in things most of the time to up my vengeance(like double defiles + adds), and to make phase 1 go faster I would let infest tick for a little while to get 100k+ vengeance. It definitely was a challenging fight!

Edit: I can explain how I did the fight for you, I haven't watched his whole video, so I'm not sure what I did differently.

Phase 1: Pop army/ghoul/str pot before fight engages, when he drops a trap I move up the stairs, he drops another and I moved up a little again, I think it was around 3 horrors when I would lose my blood shield and took infest ticks while using my cooldowns and then using ghoul sac when it started to tick for too much( you can get 100k+ ap just from doing this, which will save you some time to beat enrage ), then I stood there until about 74%, I run down the stairs and start to take him to the center where he transitions.

Transition 1: Pop AMS when the first spirit spawns so you don't get silenced, you'll have to use a couple cooldowns because of all the damage, be sure you always have 2 blood runes up so you can kill the ice bombs with blood boil as they spawn, don't get hit, otherwise you'll lose out on a lot of DPS and you may die from the damage while running back to LK, I got him to 58% when the transition ended.

Phase 2: It's really difficult and you'll die a lot if you use your cooldowns at the wrong times, once you only have 1 spirit left, I stood in defile as much as I could without dying to it(I died many times to infest during p2 just because I was so low and ran out of cooldowns).

Transition 2: Same as transition one, but easier because you don't have anything up that's doing more damage to you, I got him to 28% or so when the transition ended.

Phase 3: This one is pretty much the same as phase 2, except thankfully no infest, make sure your using soul reaper on cd, and also make sure that you refresh your dots and put SR on him right before he puts you in frostmourne. Just jump around in frostmourne and cap on RP, another thing you can do is soul reaper a ghost right before you get out for the buff(kind of difficult to do, sometimes they just blow up or one auto attack kills it). Your army should be up by now, so before he ejects you, pop ams so you don't get silenced as soon as you get out, and cast army. Dancing rune weapon is usually up 10-30 seconds after you get out, depending on when you used it last, just use whatever you can to maximize your dps on him.

That was pretty much it, just try and maximize your dps on him, the transition phase dps was the most important part for me, if I didn't get him down at least 10% each transition I was pretty much screwed, like I said, I had many 15%, 14%, and then a couple 11% wipes( all to enrage) Thankfully I finally got the sha weapon(upgraded to 491) this week(after trying this fight and failing with a 471 weapon....) it's crazy how much difference a weapon makes.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-02-10 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah, gear definitely makes him a complete joke. Wiped a total of 5 times, all of which were due to trying to make Infest tick. Took all my gear off before the encounter and then started at ~30% HP, making the first Infest tick for quite a bit. After that it was basically a cake walk with my gear and killed it 45 seconds prior to enrage. Gonna make that 5 minutes next week by gaming Infest even better.
    WCL

as someone who loves soloing of course i've got to have a alt dk. it's 89 atm but i haven't really played dks since wrath and my question was for soloing do you use dps gear or tank gear? because im also going to pve and i really don't want to have to gear frost and blood.

Deleted
    Dps gear in most of the cases.

Hey, just curious, are all of you who are soloing LK bringing a friend to down Valithria? Or is there some way to skip that fight?