So I was doing ICC25 last night...1st two bosses were a joke, wisper was annoying but not too tough.. Swapped to 10man for lootship and kept getting stomped. Turned in for the night and looking at strats to do this tonight. This video pretty much sums it up? Boarding parts > Sorcerer > Cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th-DfjM3tvQ

I had issues with 10 man gunship as well, first as blood, but then I decided to switch to my Frost specc.

Got close, but still died. One thing one has to keep in mind is that the Axethrowers(I don't know the alliance equivalent) also throw fire pitchers onto your ship, meaning if you don't deal with them somehow, the burn from the fires they cause might destroy your gunship faster than you can work on the enemy's.

Once I thought to kill the axethrowers, it was a fair bit easier, though still fun. The kill order remains roughly the same: Boarding party>sorcerer>Throwers>cannon.

It's worth noting that using your jetpack and landing ontop of them deals massive AoE damage(was a whopping 90k for me) in a small radius, pair this with a howling blast and you can pretty much oneshot htem.
    This is an alternative, but effective way to deal with a situation when a sorcerer is up as well as a boarding party. You kill the boarding party first, hit 2 throwers with a howling blast, land with the jetpack on them to kill them, and then deal with the sorcerer.

Hope this works out for you, did for me.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Deleted
    You don't need to kill anyone else than the adds on your ship and the mage on the ennemy ship ( vid I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPeluBxiYc8 )

You don't need to, but it's pretty pointless not to kill the riflemen/axe throwers. They use the same ability the adds on your ship do, and Burning Pitch hits for a ton.

Why take risks when you can spend maybe 30 extra seconds and have 0 chance of failing?
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-04-22 at 08:46 AM.

So, I posted many pages ago asking for detailed advice on beating Alysrazor and some posters were nice enough to help point me in the right direction (mostly regarding how to get her not to despawn and reset the fight. Grr!)

Yesterday, I got my mount to drop. If I hadn't seen this thread it probably wouldn't have even entered my mind to attempt this fight as a Blood DK. So, thank you MMO-Champ Blood DK community. I salute you!

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    I had issues with 10 man gunship as well, first as blood, but then I decided to switch to my Frost specc.

Got close, but still died. One thing one has to keep in mind is that the Axethrowers(I don't know the alliance equivalent) also throw fire pitchers onto your ship, meaning if you don't deal with them somehow, the burn from the fires they cause might destroy your gunship faster than you can work on the enemy's.

Once I thought to kill the axethrowers, it was a fair bit easier, though still fun. The kill order remains roughly the same: Boarding party>sorcerer>Throwers>cannon.

It's worth noting that using your jetpack and landing ontop of them deals massive AoE damage(was a whopping 90k for me) in a small radius, pair this with a howling blast and you can pretty much oneshot htem.
    This is an alternative, but effective way to deal with a situation when a sorcerer is up as well as a boarding party. You kill the boarding party first, hit 2 throwers with a howling blast, land with the jetpack on them to kill them, and then deal with the sorcerer.

Hope this works out for you, did for me.
    Ok i ignored the the axe throwers. Ill make sure to take them out and give it another shot tonight. Im in 508 gear and frost it should be doable the mechanics take some getting use to.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    So, I posted many pages ago asking for detailed advice on beating Alysrazor and some posters were nice enough to help point me in the right direction (mostly regarding how to get her not to despawn and reset the fight. Grr!)

Yesterday, I got my mount to drop. If I hadn't seen this thread it probably wouldn't have even entered my mind to attempt this fight as a Blood DK. So, thank you MMO-Champ Blood DK community. I salute you!
    Do you use the strat where you land outside during the tornado phase or just burn CD and go blood and tank inside. I use the later at 508 and it isnt too tough, the hatchlings can make the feathers hard to click, which is annoying. Besides that its quite easy.

Do you use the strat where you land outside during the tornado phase or just burn CD and go blood and tank inside. I use the later at 508 and it isnt too tough, the hatchlings can make the feathers hard to click, which is annoying. Besides that its quite easy.
    I've done both. For the longest time I was going outside to tank the ramp trash. The past couple attempts I just landed and went berserk on her. I actually started doing that in response to a lagspike that made me fall out of the air during tornado phase one week and when I didn't die I just went "Hum. I guess I'll just land and fight her from now on."

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Ok i ignored the the axe throwers. Ill make sure to take them out and give it another shot tonight. Im in 508 gear and frost it should be doable the mechanics take some getting use to.
    HB the guys in the back, HB the guys in the front, OB/FS the Mage, jump back, takes ~8s if you get used to it and even if HB doesn't kill them outright, FF will do the job.

You can leave 1 set of guys without HB coverage and kill them using your cannon or lay down a DnD on the guys in the front whenever you step out of your cannon.

I watched a friend do it with ~480ish item level so your gear really shouldn't be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always used the cannon to kill Axe Throwers / Cannon people.
    Hi

My aim with the cannon was terrible with the Axe throwers, I left the rocket launcher guys in the back alone though, their damage seemed more negligable than the throwers. The way I dealt with the throwers was by landing ontop of them with the Jetpack.

btw, is there any possible way to solo "Been waiting a long time for this" 10 man? Aside from Portal Jockey, it's the only achievement I need for the Frostbrood Vanquisher.
    Last edited by susaku; 2013-04-22 at 01:59 PM.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

Hello everyone

I came here after hearing that LK25 hc is now soloable with a decently geared dk, and I am currently in the process of gearing mine up at the moment. She is currently only ilvl 481 and just got into the new LFR raids, so I need a few questions answering before I do LFR on a weekly basis.

First off, after reading through the majority of the posts on here I believe I am correct in saying I should go full out dps gear? If this is correct does this also include tier sets? Or should I go for the tanking set? Forgive me if I am asking a silly question here but I only started playing and gearing my dk because of mount soloing opportunities and would like to be reassured by people who know what they are doing.
    As well as tier, what about trinkets? I am presuming dps trinkets for better dps output?

Finally, what would be the minimum ilvl you would suggest I try Lk25 hc with? I only raid with my main which is a druid and don't plan on doing normals or hcs on my dk, only LFR.

Having LK25hc finally become soloable is amazing for me because the one mount ive always wanted since I saw it was invincible, but never raided back in wrath and have never seen it drop in pugs. So any advice you guys could offer would be brilliant! ^^

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    @susaku: There are various post discussing soloing "Been waiting a long time for this" on pages 45 & 46 of this thread.

@Serelean: You'll want to be in full DPS gear (including Tier and trinkets) in order to beat the enrage timer until you are sitting at probably 520+ iLevel unless you want to game Vengeance.

LK25H has been done at 495 iLevel, maybe a little lower even but depending on how skilled you are with a DK I'd recommend an iLevel of 500-510.

Deleted
    I would recommand you to wait to be at least at ilvl 500 for LK 25 hm.
    I am currently at 495 with a 483 Shin'Ka, my best attempt was 33% at enrage, and I still get killed after the first transition because I get Silenced and Infested

Ok thanks for the quick reply guys! Really Appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I would recommand you to wait to be at least at ilvl 500 for LK 25 hm.
    I am currently at 495 with a 483 Shin'Ka, my best attempt was 33% at enrage, and I still get killed after the first transition because I get Silenced and Infested
    A 502 weapon would help tons (not 23% tons, but still).
    A bad weapon can mess you up completely, so 500+ with as good a weapon as you can get your hands on should be able to do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it the enrage on 25 LK Hc is only doable at low ilevel ( 495-500 ) if I stay in fully for the transition phases? Do I just let the Raging Spirits die from aoe or focus them down as they spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I take it the enrage on 25 LK Hc is only doable at low ilevel ( 495-500 ) if I stay in fully for the transition phases? Do I just let the Raging Spirits die from aoe or focus them down as they spawn?
    Yes you have to stay inside, though once you're 520+ you might be able to just go outside, with lower gear no chance.
    And yes you ignore all adds, you tunnelvision dps LK all the way to 10%, the sole exception are ice spheres (I personally use a macro to deathcoil them, as that guaranteed oneshot them, unlike BB)
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

How exactly do you do Chimaeron? I understand the concept of stacking blood shield for double attack, but when and why are you suppose to use Death Siphon? Do use it in place of death strike, alternate, or what? I can't seem to survive very long one way or another. Got it to 17% with a friend, got it to only 49% solo. I would like to know a detailed strategy for it if someone would be so kind to help me. Would like to farm Ashkandi.

I have 508 ilvl, only 491 Shin'ka though. Originally tried it with around 87% blood shield, reforged to 113% and seem to be doing even worse now. I really feel like I should be able to do this and don't quite understand what's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    How exactly do you do Chimaeron? I understand the concept of stacking blood shield for double attack, but when and why are you suppose to use Death Siphon? Do use it in place of death strike, alternate, or what? I can't seem to survive very long one way or another. Got it to 17% with a friend, got it to only 49% solo. I would like to know a detailed strategy for it if someone would be so kind to help me. Would like to farm Ashkandi.

I have 508 ilvl, only 491 Shin'ka though. Originally tried it with around 87% blood shield, reforged to 113% and seem to be doing even worse now. I really feel like I should be able to do this and don't quite understand what's going wrong.
    I had a lot of problems with the boss too, I'm at 502 dps gear, but my mastery felt too low, so I switched 2 pieces out (head&shoulders) for tank tier - and that helped a ton actually. I can fairly comfortably bring him to phase 2 now, but just.. die there, feels like I am doing something wrong. Brought another DK and that made the fight faceroll we just alternated between 2 break stacks and that was it.

Not exactly sure what the deal is with p2, with 4 break stacks I can't top myself before p2 hits, and even with DRW and army I still get quite a few hits and die before I kill him :/

As for death siphon, I too checked videos and saw people use it so I specced into it, but do not seem to be using it a lot over DS, but it did save my life a few times when I only had 1 death rune up and was below 10k hp, so I suppose it's more of an ohshit button than something you want to use in your rotation/over a DS
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Deleted
    (How) can i solo Valithria Dreamwalker?