Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    For giggles everyone; what's your best Onyxia 10 solo time?

I managed 39 seconds! 8D
    As Blood or Frost?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone. I've been doing well with solo progression. Last night i finally got majordomo staghelm. Currently stuck on rag. I've brought him to transition. However i die due to the dot. Any assistance would be amazing. brand new as a member here, but i follow this regularly and i gotta say thanks to mione and all others for the great tips. also, i die to enrage on hagara every time i try her.
    my prof. us.b attle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Gersomence/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Use Raise Dead to reset your stacks. Pop the ghoul, AMS for RP to Death Coil heal it, run back when stacks drop. (Tac courtesy of Mione)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried that multiple times. My dc never seems to be enough. But I'll try more. Thanks for the tip. While I'm here. What about cho'gall? I've had multiple sub 1% wipes. Looking for critics on my gear/reforges. Or if I'm ok and just need a weapon.

Deleted
    Dunno if this has been posted or if the spreadsheet is out of date due to ICC being undesirable solo content, but Bone Spike Graveyards on both heroic modes can be taken down with Unholy Blight and DnD as non Goblin/Worgans, just stand in fire.

Hey all. I'm new to DK soloing, especially since mine is a fresh 90 this week, but I had a few questions. Would it be possible at all for me to do anything efficiently in the current gear I'm in now (Mostly 463/476 Tank gear)? If not, would getting full Malevolent DPS gear be a suitable equivalent until I can get into ToT grade epics?

For now, currently thinking of doing raids from Vanilla-Wrath. When I get better gear I can probably look at working on Cata raids.

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhy View Post
    Hey all. I'm new to DK soloing, especially since mine is a fresh 90 this week, but I had a few questions. Would it be possible at all for me to do anything efficiently in the current gear I'm in now (Mostly 463/476 Tank gear)? If not, would getting full Malevolent DPS gear be a suitable equivalent until I can get into ToT grade epics?

For now, currently thinking of doing raids from Vanilla-Wrath. When I get better gear I can probably look at working on Cata raids.
    Full 476 Malevolent gear + a 476 weapon should be fine for anything up to 10 man Wrath content. Beyond that you're going to want to get the best dps gear you can get your hands on.

Deleted
    Any more attempts been made of Halion 25hc? estimations of dps required to outdps the healing from the other realm?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd imagine you could do the easier 25 man Wrath raids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Full 476 Malevolent gear + a 476 weapon should be fine for anything up to 10 man Wrath content. Beyond that you're going to want to get the best dps gear you can get your hands on.
    Awesome. Great to know. One other thing I forgot to mention, is what would be optimal in terms of gemming/reforging? Following the Blood priority still? Or is it something different?

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

Awesome. Great to know. One other thing I forgot to mention, is what would be optimal in terms of gemming/reforging? Following the Blood priority still? Or is it something different?
    As Mione said in the first post of this thread it really is up to you. I prefer Str+Haste for Red and Yellow sockets and Str+Hit for Blue sockets. Chances are you'll be using this gear anyway for your dps set and I believe 2h Frost and Unholy follow a similar stat priority.

On what page can I find tips & tricks for LK25HC again?

Okay, i watched Miones and another guys LK25HC kill vid and - hell, they both aren't sucked into Frostmourne,

while I'm always caught inside of it!

What is this?
    Last edited by Tyranitar; 2013-05-09 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post

Okay, i watched Miones and another guys LK25HC kill vid and - hell, they both aren't sucked into Frostmourne,

What is this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfykt...ailpage#t=680s

are we watching the same vid?

and there isn't much too it, make a macro to kill ice spheres for you, tunnel lk, kill off raging spirits if dmg gets too high, rotate cds to stay in for transitions as long as possible, gear def helps (i needed 504 to kill it, some people have done it with as low as 490?), lot of it comes down to weapon. keep shamblers facing your back for vengeance, try to leave one up at sub 20% in p2 for as long as possible. otherwise it all comes down to practice.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In heroic you get sucked into frostmourne. There's no getting around it that I'm aware of. I finally got the fight down a few weeks ago. And what I do personally that works. For phase 1 I stand on the stairs the entire time. You will soak all shadow traps but it will never move. Just the extra boosts of veng. It's not necessary. But I like not having to move as much.

What is this?
    Haven't watched Mione's video in some time but Fnx clearly shows a Frostmourne phase.

As for tips I don't think there is a single post with all the tips and tricks for the fight, discussion has been pretty active the last 10 pages of this thread. If google.docs has a pastebin-bin like feature I can message Mione the guide I typed up for my guild's dks to reference based on the the discussion in 2.0 and 3.0 DK Solo threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryleylol View Post
    actually, no, I was watching this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkt0sn_BVcM

But looking back now makes me believe this is a 10HC kill, isn't it?

However, thank you for your hints.

I guess staying in during the transitions is what I need to practice then.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    actually, no, I was watching this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkt0sn_BVcM

That is a 10 normal kill. At level 90, the challenge of that is not falling asleep. Mione's 25 HC video is here.

Deleted

One tip I would give regarding P3 is to eat full defiles for vengeance i.e. once you're in P3 no need to move just tunnel the boss until dead, even with 4 raging spirits up you'll need all the vengeance you can get in the last phase, my kills usually go 35% 22% 10% approximately, so aiming for 2 times inside frostmourne room...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, quick question. I have the fabled feather of ji-kun, spark of the zandalar, and last raid i coined the thunderforged version of primordius' talsiman of rage. I'm not 100% sold on that one yet. but nevertheless ive been using it with the feather. would that be best? or should i use jikun with the spark for the haste gain?

GF had to study all day so I went on a soloing binge with my free time! Here's what I ended up with:

Bastion of Twilight 10m: Halfus, V/T, Ascendant Council
    Firelands 10m: Shannox, Alysrazor, Beth'tilac, Lord Rhyolith, Baleroc
    Dragon Soul 10m: Morchok, Yorsahjj, Zon'ozz, Hagara, Ultraxion, Warmaster Blackhorn

Some of these were absolute faceroll but some (Hagara and Blackhorn,) pushed me to my absolute limit. Hagara took 15 or so tries, Warmaster probably took somewhere around 20. Gotta agree with Mione, Warmaster is an absolutely insane fight, it will test everything you know about soloing and raid awareness. I barely got the kill by using Darkwater Potion to kite Blackhorn up the side of the ship and around the stairs a couple times.

Still can't get Majordomo past 30% or so, not sure what I am doing.

Edit: WoL from the above kills http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m8jffb993logsff2/
    Last edited by Tatsh; 2013-05-10 at 05:20 PM.