Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    I just did Hagara with a friend, and we beat the Enrage timer by 10 seconds. Granted he was in BDK in full tanking gear, it seems rather impossible to beat the enrage by myself.

The only way to get past the Lightning Phase is to just sit it out till her shield drops right, or am I missing something?
    Yep, though the strategy for soloing Hagara doesn't require that you beat the enrage timer - in fact I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    (and Yogg-0 as well while I'm at it, definitely 100% farmable)
    I know I asked before, but if you have any more tips for this I'd love to hear it. I run into:

Salyn banner resets fight even though I have a ghoul up.
    I get constricting tentacles even though I'm tanking a crushing tentacle.
    I get constricting tentacles in the 2 seconds it takes me to run to a portal.
    I get in a portal bet only get 20 seconds on the brain because I was stunned every 3 seconds from debuffs.
    I get to phase 3 but there are so many tentacles up that I get owned before I can kill all of them.

So I haven't been able to kill it yet (531 dps gear, 535 crappy sword). Is it just gear, where with a 541 sword I'll 1-shot brain room adds and get there faster, or kill tentacles through debuffs faster, or am I suddenly bad...

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    I know I asked before, but if you have any more tips for this I'd love to hear it. I run into:

I get in a portal bet only get 20 seconds on the brain because I was stunned every 3 seconds from debuffs.
    I get to phase 3 but there are so many tentacles up that I get owned before I can kill all of them.

So I haven't been able to kill it yet (531 dps gear, 535 crappy sword). Is it just gear, where with a 541 sword I'll 1-shot brain room adds and get there faster, or kill tentacles through debuffs faster, or am I suddenly bad...
    Try using Purification Potions, they clear most debuffs, which gives you more dps uptime in the brain room. I haven't attempted Yog25+0 myself (kinda pointless with ilvl 516 dps gear and a 504 shinka...) but from +4/3/2 etc I do know the fight is quite a RNG fest. You can simply get unlucky :/

On that note, ~4 seconds before brain room opens, use AMS, it prevents all new debuff applications, that coupled with a potion before that time should get you into the brain room debuff free.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Hey guys I just solo'd 25H Chimaeron, will post video soon.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronyen View Post
    Hey guys I just solo'd 25H Chimaeron, will post video soon.
    At level 80?

No, at level 90

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:06 PM ----------

Here it is, level 90 H25 Chimaeron solo
    err... I haven't posted enough to give a real link.
    youtube ... com/watch?v=BmTdqdChTjI

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronyen View Post
    Here it is, level 90 H25 Chimaeron solo
    err... I haven't posted enough to give a real link.
    youtube ... com/watch?v=BmTdqdChTjI
    Very nice This should be added to the list --
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2013-05-14 at 01:31 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, new road block which is insane cause I feel like doing madness was infinitely harder, but nevertheless, maloriak is a giant roadblock and I cannot get past him. And that really gets to me. Cause I wanna do nef. Do I need more mastery Orr what? Gersomence on kel'thuzad alliance

Well you can use Spirit of Corehammer, then you just have to deal with red/blue phase correctly

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately atramedes is dead. I was hoping to kill him this lockout, I guess another week is ok. Thanks I really appreciate all the tips.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Unfortunately atramedes is dead. I was hoping to kill him this lockout, I guess another week is ok. Thanks I really appreciate all the tips.
    According to Mione, you need to either AMS or preemptively use DnD to break Flash Freeze, if that's what you're have issues with.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's last phase. I'm just bad I guess haha. I finally got madness but I can't pull that off? Just seems sad

Are you letting him get all the adds out before you push it? If too many adds come up at once they become a problem.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I push him too fast. That's possible. I need to concentrate on killing adds before I push. Thanks again

As I recall, constricting tentacles pick anybody, regardless of spec/aggro on other tentacles. A constricting always spawns moments before the portals open, ready your DnD and save a few Blood Boils for that.

Debuffs are RNG based, sadly DKs can't reset diseases and you'll have to deal with the stun if it affects you, simply as that (you can use Desecrated Ground perhaps to counter it? - thought it is a bit limited -).

It is undeniable that a big part of this fight (solo or not) is based off RNG (either the debuff that you get from the tentacle or the spawn point of the tentacles themselves). The video I watched of Mione she had the very first set of tentacles spawn very close to each other, whereas the fight can screw you and spawn them appart except for the constricting that will appear right at you leaving you frustrated

Also a question for Mione since the topic regarding "old content" got brought up a few posts ago. You meant leaving old content aside as in pre-MoP stuff or non-current gear instances? If it is the latter, please reconsider as follows: I'm a big collector of stuff (mounts specially), and even though my main isn't a DK I enjoy very much watching a mount-dropping boss being soloed (Yogg-0 brought tears to my eyes). It'd be awesome to see Elegon fall soloed

Elegon can be soloed, it's mechanic allows it. But dps req is too high now, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    Elegon can be soloed, it's mechanic allows it. But dps req is too high now, imo.
    Most t14 bosses can be done solo, dps req is just too high, for now.

Deleted
    I don't see how you can manage to avoid the stacking debuff that increases damage taken without getting away from the boss (Elegons pulls you back if you're not with him iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I don't see how you can manage to avoid the stacking debuff that increases damage taken without getting away from the boss (Elegons pulls you back if you're not with him iirc)
    It isnt going to be that hard,
    - with good gear it'll be easy to survive, just the breaths will be a problem (?)
    - It;ll probably work like ragnaros, having something to tank boss for you for a short while.

Since I got a lot of experience with Yogg-Saron (albeit as a hunter) after wiping over 400 times I'll share my findings:

1) I don't have Salyin Banner, but similar things can happen with Feign Death. I'm pretty convinced it has to do with if the pet has gotten any threat. For this reason, after resummoning a pet or ressing a pet, I always quickly cast MD and use an instant shot before Feigning to prevent a fight from resetting. This is basically the same on any boss.
    2) Constrictor while tanking Crusher seems to happen if you get there the last few seconds. I assume it's either of two scenarios: Either the "tank check" happens some seconds before Constrictor spawns, or you need to take X hits and not just 1 hit to be marked as tank. My guess is the former of the two.
    3) Constrictor just as portals spawn happened to me a lot. It even happened on my kill, which surprised me a lot due to how tight it was at 519 ilvl as hunter. Sometimes it just cannot be prevented. I've even tried having the Constrictor spawn before the portals. If you want to absolutely minimize the risk of this happening, make a macro called /tar Descend and keybind Interact With. Spam the absolute crap out of both keybinds when portals are about to spawn. I did this for a while but eventually discontinued it because the keybinds I had to use for it were completely messed up, and I didn't want to rebind other stuff. Alternatively, make sure you know EXACTLY where a portal spawns, and spam right click on that spot before they even spawn.
    4) Getting Black Plague or Apathy at the wrong time would mean game over for me, but probably slightly more forgiving for DKs. You basically need RNG to be on your side, meaning either: The spells from Corruptor miss you, the Corruptor casts other spells, the Corruptor targets your pet or the Corruptor spawns in a good position so you can silence / interrupt it and kill it before it can cast on you.
    5) I wiped many times trying to maximize time outside before phase 3 started, letting pet and dots finish off the brain. Ideally, you enter phase 3 RIGHT before brain can cast Induce Madness, such that you don't get another round of tentacles. If you are in the brain room when phase 3 starts, you're already far behind as the tentacles will stop being stunned and start casting on you before you have a chance to get in range.