Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Not entirely, but for the most part I guess yes.

Shadowmeld doesn't reset your aggro if you re-enter combat as far as I know, while the banner does, but I may be mistaken about Shadowmeld.
    Shadowmeld Night Elf Racial
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires level 1
    Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coldbeer, I use all dps gear, blood spec. Killed ultrax in 4 and a half mins last night. Just be mindful of your cd's. and remember they are on half cd and last double

Mionee , you ever tried solo galeon? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersomence View Post
    Coldbeer, I use all dps gear, blood spec. Killed ultrax in 4 and a half mins last night. Just be mindful of your cd's. and remember they are on half cd and last double

thanks very much, my dk is 88 right now but i want solo some old things.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've got a couple questions about blood dk's on kael thas. i was told that bloodworms aren't considered a pet for the fight and thus wont get mind controlled is this true?
    second does dancing rune weapon count as a minion for the purposes of kael thas's mind control?
    three what is the basic blood dk rotation to generate runes?(in what order should i be using what abilities to keep sustained runic power/runes. this is what i have a real problem with when i play my death knight is running out of runes. i looked for guides on this but didnt find any that covered the basics.)
    four does dark simulacrum reflect back any of kael's or his advisors spells?
    lastly how easy is the fight for a blood/unholy dk in ilvl 461 mostly nontanking gear? does it matter that much if i dont have all that dodge since its a low level raid?(obviously she is lvl 90) when i say easy im talking faceroll easy.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-05-20 at 05:11 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i've got a couple questions about blood dk's on kael thas. i was told that bloodworms aren't considered a pet for the fight and thus wont get mind controlled is this true?
    second does dancing rune weapon count as a minion for the purposes of kael thas's mind control?
    three what is the basic blood dk rotation to generate runes?(in what order should i be using what abilities to keep sustained runic power/runes. this is what i have a real problem with when i play my death knight is running out of runes. i looked for guides on this but didnt find any that covered the basics.)
    four does dark simulacrum reflect back any of kael's or his advisors spells?
    lastly how easy is the fight for a blood/unholy dk in ilvl 461 mostly nontanking gear? does it matter that much if i dont have all that dodge since its a low level raid?(obviously she is lvl 90) when i say easy im talking faceroll easy.
    It's a faceroll as Frost. Unholy could do it w/o their pet but not much point being UH in that case. Blood shouldn't be a problem but honestly, just go frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    why whats wrong with going blood? how is frost easier?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

why whats wrong with going blood? how is frost easier?
    Only things you have to worry about in Frost counting as a minion are the summoned ghouls from your personal ghoul summon and AotD (T15 2 set doesn't count I believe), both are abilities you can choose not to use. If you have to use Death Pact just summon the personal ghoul then despawn it after Pacting.

Plus you kill Kael faster as Frost than Blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    so then dancing rune and bloodworms do count as minions for the purposes of mind control?

so then dancing rune and bloodworms do count as minions for the purposes of mind control?
    DRW doesn't but I can't comment on Bloodworms since I stopped running it as Blood back when Bloodworms were made baseline for Blood. A 90 Frost Dk in fresh dungeon gear shouldn't have any issues with Kael'thas.

As far as im aware army and your summoned ghoul are minions/pets and will cause mind control. But then again I can't be 100% sure because for kael I use army and ghoul for the last advisor stage to beat them down quicker and avoid more problems with their cc. Dancing rune weapon and bloodworms however are definitely not classed as minions in a way that would get you mind controlled. I use Dancing rune weapon every time its off cooldown and bloodworms freely spawn and have never been MC'd because of them.

No, they do not. I would go ahead and give it a try, Kael'thas was easily soloable at level 85 so you should do just fine

Just need to check if I am missing something. I've killed all the bosses 10m normal except lich king. So I am in front of him but I can't change it to 25m heroic. I thought that was the way to do it. Have I done something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykrul View Post
    Just need to check if I am missing something. I've killed all the bosses 10m normal except lich king. So I am in front of him but I can't change it to 25m heroic. I thought that was the way to do it. Have I done something wrong?
    You have to exit the instance before you can change to 25man HC

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    You have to exit the instance before you can change to 25man HC
    It only allows me to do 10m heroic. I have cleared 25m heroic incase if you're wondering.

holy freaking shit, good luck replicating this....
    which one next???
    Well done! Maybe try Shado-pan Monastery next

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykrul View Post
    If you're by yourself you'll need to group with someone so that the game recognizes that you changed difficulty. Doesn't seem to work solo once you first zone in or if you've been in a group/raid of some sort since logging on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    No, they do not. I would go ahead and give it a try, Kael'thas was easily soloable at level 85 so you should do just fine
    okay i gave blood dk a try and wow. it was easy. i never dropped below 350k health once. constant health regeneration ftw. ashes did not drop though.

Deleted
    ashes did not drop though.
    You get used to it, trust me

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

holy freaking shit, good luck replicating this....
    which one next???
    Wait, what? How'd you do it?