Has anyone tried to solo Madness this week?

I usually solo it without a problem but now I've been wiping on him for the past 2 hrs for some reason. I don't know if I'm doing anything different than my last kills or if they stealth buff it to trouble BDKs.

Also one shot Ultraxion earlier today without any problems.
    Last edited by CrittenMitten; 2013-06-13 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Has anyone tried to solo Madness this week?

I usually solo it without a problem but now I've been wiping on him for the past 2 hrs for some reason. I don't know if I'm doing anything different than my last kills or if they stealth buff it to trouble BDKs.

Also one shot Ultraxion earlier today without any problems.
    Haven't tried it yet this week but I don't expect to have any more issues after finally dropping my 489 Starshatter for a 2/2 upgraded LFR Uroe. RNG probably wasn't liking you.

for lk 25 hc solo, should i gem fully haste or keep my pve gemming (str pretty much everywhere) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    for lk 25 hc solo, should i gem fully haste or keep my pve gemming (str pretty much everywhere) ?
    If anything you gem/reforge for, it's probably more Mastery. You're going to be regenerating runes really damn fast to begin with because of Improved Blood Presence, plus any passive haste on your DPS gear, the part you'll lack is your Tanking Gear's shitloads of mastery giving you survival.

Really if you're not facing survival issues, you just gem like normal. Strength all the way. If you're getting gibbed or failing certian mechanics like Heroic Deathbringer, more mastery is helpful.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Your normal gemming is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    If anything you gem/reforge for, it's probably more Mastery. You're going to be regenerating runes really damn fast to begin with because of Improved Blood Presence, plus any passive haste on your DPS gear, the part you'll lack is your Tanking Gear's shitloads of mastery giving you survival.

Really if you're not facing survival issues, you just gem like normal. Strength all the way. If you're getting gibbed or failing certian mechanics like Heroic Deathbringer, more mastery is helpful.
    What? You don't need much more than 2500 mastery for heroic 25 LK. If you're dying it's probably due to too low dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Your normal gemming is fine.

What? You don't need much more than 2500 mastery for heroic 25 LK. If you're dying it's probably due to too low dps.
    Which is why I said, if anything. Chances are if you have decent DPS gear you don't need to reforge at all.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

so got a question on trinks. I only LFR and still waiting on feather. I have won both Gaze and Rage. I am used SP 530 trink and unsure of what to use as the other.

Currently using a Relic+8 as i cant decide. Thoughts?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95799
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95757

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    so got a question on trinks. I only LFR and still waiting on feather. I have won both Gaze and Rage. I am used SP 530 trink and unsure of what to use as the other.

Currently using a Relic+8 as i cant decide. Thoughts?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95799
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95757
    The Primordius trinket, gaze is the worst trinket out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    The Primordius trinket, gaze is the worst trinket out of there.
    Primordius is that much better than Relic?

Deleted
    has anyone tried killing the lik 25m hc on the ptr with the vengeance changes?

Deleted
    Anyone tried Thorim solo recently? I was banging my head against it for a few hours last night while trying to clear up to Yogg for some solo attempts, but no matter when I hit him after the last NPC died he didn't drop down, I obviously kept my distance during the dialogue so he didn't jump down and be untargettable, but I tried hitting him after Sif appeared and at various points in the opening dialogue but nothing seemed to work... :S

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    has anyone tried killing the lik 25m hc on the ptr with the vengeance changes?

The Vengeance changes won't affect DK soloing AT ALL, especially on 25-man bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any clever mechanics to solo blood infusion??

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    Any clever mechanics to solo blood infusion??
    Impossible to solo since you can't bite pets. Minimum requires 2 people (DK + Lock and DK + Shaman both work but might be easier with a lock instead of shaman.)

1. DK gets bitten at start, bites the other person. Said person proceeds to kill themselves before the next bite
    2. Other person self-rezzes (soulstone/ankh) before 2nd bite
    3. DK bites second person who then proceeds to kill themselves again before the third bite
    4. DK brezzes other person before 3rd bite occurs then bites that person again. Bite stacking debuff should wear off by now.
    5. Kill Bloodqueen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Primordius is that much better than Relic?
    It's slightly better than Relic+8, obviously you want to go for the LFR feather with the SP trinket, LFR gaze is actually worse than Relic+8.

Hi all

Long time lurker in this thread (and MMO in general) been soloing stuff for ages and you guys have helped a ton. Anyway, I've been bored recently so I decided to see how much of the Panda Dungeon Glory achievement I could solo and here are the results:

DK Soloing Panda Glory

Some background: I hate LFG and HC's in general really so never really did any while gearing up (BoE gear FTW). DPS gear is currently at ilvl 533 with a 543 weapon and 608 cloak (most of those achievements were done around 528 with a 504 Shinka). Tank gear somewhere around 525.

As noted in the sheet, I have not tried soloing the Siege achieves since I had them, so if anyone has any experience with those before I go try them sometime, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Supes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supes View Post
    Hi all

Long time lurker in this thread (and MMO in general) been soloing stuff for ages and you guys have helped a ton. Anyway, I've been bored recently so I decided to see how much of the Panda Dungeon Glory achievement I could solo and here are the results:

DK Soloing Panda Glory

Some background: I hate LFG and HC's in general really so never really did any while gearing up (BoE gear FTW). DPS gear is currently at ilvl 533 with a 543 weapon and 608 cloak (most of those achievements were done around 528 with a 504 Shinka). Tank gear somewhere around 525.

As noted in the sheet, I have not tried soloing the Siege achieves since I had them, so if anyone has any experience with those before I go try them sometime, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Supes
    I don't think the first 2 achievements should be too hard.
    First one, just focus down the Amberwing, it doesn't have a lot of health.
    The 2nd one, just throw bombs at the guy (And the adds while they're on top of him), and he should go down.

The last one I don't know about.. You have ~2 minutes to kill him if I remember correctly. That being said, getting him down to 45%, then jumping over there (Just don't interupt his knockback) and it should be doable.

That being said I was lazy and got them in a guild group as well. Might be able to try later today on my DK though (516dps gear, no legendary meta).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! Looking for some Tips on LK25HC I keep wipeing on around 11-13% ;/ And now Im here looking for tips so that I might be able to kill him!
    First of all here is my char! http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n%C3%A1/simple
    The buffs I use is: Kings Buff, 300 Str Food, Str Flask, Str Pot and I prepot.
    I Dps in the transitions and usually get him down around 5% per transition, I try to usually get around 100k+ vengance at the begining from the first infest, doesn't ofc always work but I try to get infest on me then pop all cds and survive as much as I can then I get it of me. However the first phase is really slow around 5 minutes every time. in the other phases I stand in defile the whole time, I also pop my pot after first transition when defile comes and i got around 70k vengance.
    in last phase I cant get him down fast enough after the third harvest soul.

Any comments on my reforges/strat? anything else I can do?

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/a1hHCt3.jpg

Any help is still useful tho! )
    Last edited by Kassina; 2013-06-15 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Are you using Army of the Dead again in phase 3 after it comes off cooldown (by using AMS just before leaving Frostmourne so you don't get silenced whilst chanelling it)? That might be the best time to use your 2nd potion so that the ghouls get benefit from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Are you using Army of the Dead again in phase 3 after it comes off cooldown (by using AMS just before leaving Frostmourne so you don't get silenced whilst chanelling it)? That might be the best time to use your 2nd potion so that the ghouls get benefit from it.
    Yeah forgot to mention that, yeah I do ;/ Edit: Or well i dont use pot there, will test that next time!
    Last edited by Kassina; 2013-06-15 at 07:28 PM.