Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Don't forget about the legendary dps meta to be disabled for tanks.

I just hope riposte can make up for that. Even in full dps gear my total dodge+parry is around 25%, wonder how 25% crit will do.
    Unless I misread riposte, it doesn't actually translate to dodge+parry% = crit%.
    It takes your dodge+parry *rating* and converts that to crit, which would be more like 5 to maybe 10% :/
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

I just hope riposte can make up for that. Even in full dps gear my total dodge+parry is around 25%, wonder how 25% crit will do.
    25% avoidance != 25% riposte

my current tanking gear has ~25% avoidance combined but only 4249 combined dodge + parry rating so:
    4249 * 0.75 = 3186.75 / 600 = 5.31125% crit increase
    6.57% crit chance (base + gear) + 5.31% from riposte + 5% raid buff = 16.88% crit

So no, that will in no way make up the loss of the dps meta and the upcoming RPPM nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    25% avoidance != 25% riposte

my current tanking gear has ~25% avoidance combined but only 4249 combined dodge + parry rating so:
    4249 * 0.75 = 3186.75 / 600 = 5.31125% crit increase
    6.57% crit chance (base + gear) + 5.31% from riposte + 5% raid buff = 16.88% crit

So no, that will in no way make up the loss of the dps meta and the upcoming RPPM nerf...
    we don't lose the dps meta, though!

a blue post confirmed that
    This is just a bug.
    source
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    we don't lose the dps meta, though!

a blue post confirmed that

source
    DPS Legendary gem no longer procs for tanks
    One extra note: we will be buffing the Tank (Indomitable) meta gem in a future build. We'll be removing the haste scaling from its proc chance, but increasing its base chance by 50%. That should make it activate much more regularly, even for tanks who stack haste, than the previous iteration.

We recognize that a lot of tanks are preferring the DPS meta gem at the moment, and we'd like to correct that, but we'd like to do it by making you like the tank gem, not by nerfing the DPS gem. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Source: MMO Champion

EDIT: Wait, didn't I read something different before? Well, however.

Source: MMO Champion

EDIT: Wait, didn't I read something different before? Well, however.
    Yeah, I do remember the statement of the removal of the meta gem procs too... But well, might have just been me being weird because of the heat.

Yeah, I do remember the statement of the removal of the meta gem procs too... But well, might have just been me being weird because of the heat.
    As the provided link said the DPS meta not proccing for tanks is a PTR bug. The tanking meta though is expected to be getting a proc buff to be more attractive than the dps one.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Just as a side note, the incoming bug fix for RC and Imp BP to not increase RPPM mechanics anymore (in 5.4), which you will probably be hearing about soon, will be a *huge* nerf. Think at the very least 10k DPS, probably closer to 20k. It actually makes me wonder whether Feng and other T14 bosses will actually become soloable next tier or remain out of reach.

It's that big.

I'm still crossing fingers that they'll transform Imp BP into true haste instead of rune regen, it's not like the pitiful 2-3% damage increase from having more autoattacks would be a bad thing considering our DPS in raids anyway.
    Is 10-20k DPS really going to make that much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Is 10-20k DPS really going to make that much of a difference?
    that's about 1.2 million - 2.5 million damage per minute, yes it matters.

but with the new dodge/parry converted to crit passive ability, wouldnt that dps loss be somewhat lessened? surely more crit gain would be a gain to the loss in dps from BP and such right? or is there something that im missing from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    you dont gain shit from riposte because it scales on ratings
    meh... ah well so much for that =/ and here i was thinking that riposte would be good.

How easy would it be to solo the Glory of the Ulduar Raider achievements? More specifically; Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare, Firefighter, I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning, and One Light in the darkness? I don't really have any high level tanking gear, and most of my dps gear is between ilvl 476-504. Would it be best just to start up a run to knock out all of those that I need, or would it be doable over the course of a week? I'm mainly just concerned because I am so close to the meta, and it's turning into a FoS in 5.4 so all that work would be gone (as far as I know). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordrakan View Post
    How easy would it be to solo the Glory of the Ulduar Raider achievements? More specifically; Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare, Firefighter, I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning, and One Light in the darkness? I don't really have any high level tanking gear, and most of my dps gear is between ilvl 476-504. Would it be best just to start up a run to knock out all of those that I need, or would it be doable over the course of a week? I'm mainly just concerned because I am so close to the meta, and it's turning into a FoS in 5.4 so all that work would be gone (as far as I know). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    All of those are soloable:

1. Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare - No diseases, don't use T15 DPS 2 set, just DS the adds not related to the achievement. When Razorgore enrages she'll 1-shot adds with her breath even at full health.

2. Saronite - Lol Death Strike. Don't Blood Boil while gasses are out until the Void Elemental spawns

3. One light - Should be doable but definitely the most RNG for this achievement. Easier to just bring a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    All of those are soloable:

1. Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare - No diseases, don't use T15 DPS 2 set, just DS the adds not related to the achievement. When Razorgore enrages she'll 1-shot adds with her breath even at full health.

2. Saronite - Lol Death Strike. Don't Blood Boil while gasses are out until the Void Elemental spawns

3. One light - Should be doable but definitely the most RNG for this achievement. Easier to just bring a group.
    Ok thanks a lot! Quick question about Firefighter though. How exactly should I handle the head in phase 4? Just spread diseases, use DnD, and death coil whenever I can? Always took me forever to take out Onyxia's air phase as blood so this part is worrisome to me a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Alone in the dark was soloed, one light is rather easy in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordrakan View Post
    Ok thanks a lot! Quick question about Firefighter though. How exactly should I handle the head in phase 4? Just spread diseases, use DnD, and death coil whenever I can? Always took me forever to take out Onyxia's air phase as blood so this part is worrisome to me a little bit.
    The one time I bothered to do it, I focused the base with DS, got it down once while prioritizing on BB which had the other parts get low enough so I had all 3 parts down together when the base was down the 2nd time.

Deleted
    Alone in the dark was soloed, one light is rather easy in comparison.
    With his gear though? I'm probably not the best soloer () but I managed to do one light in the darkness a few months ago. Was quite tough though, I left Hodir up I think (the one that allows you to kill the big adds at the end). Maybe another one up would've been better, I don't know. I believe I had about the same gear, average of 480-485 or so.

Good tip on Iron Dwarf Medium Rare by the way Trubo, thanks I only wish I knew that sooner :$

Deleted
    For Alone in the Dark in 10-man, you can use the video I made a while ago.
    In 25-man, it's a RNG fest.

Deleted
    Is anyone else having problems with soloing Lich King Heroic, I've been killing him for weeks for the mount and today I logged on to kill him but am unable to. I get to phase 3 he does his Harvest Souls ability and about 10 seconds after i get put into frotsmourne i just randomly die, its happened twice at the exact same time.

Heres a pic of the death log from recount
    i.imgur. com/g5Ar5EV.jpg

Deleted
    Tried it yesterday, didn't ran into any issues (other than me being stupid and wanting to hug an Ice Sphere in p2-p3 transition) when I got into Frostmourne.

Sounds like the old C'Thun bug, when you would get ported and die instantly because you were not around the boss.
    Maybe the same happened with LK ?

Deleted
    Ok so just tried it again and the same thing happens, this time I recorded it. It's almost like LK is doing his fury of frostmourne at the wrong time and bugging out the fight.

youtu. be/HQ1knxFkIKk

10+ Year Old Account
    The ghouls bug it out. Kill them and you should be fine.

At least that worked for me.