Quote Originally Posted by Titus Pullo View Post
    Initially I just blood boiled in the Frostmourne room so the spirits would never get to me, but that sometimes left me leaving Frostmourne at a lower than desired health%. Just death strike the spirits as they come to you/get close to you. You'll probably miss some from them dying to auto-attacks but just be smart about positioning and any small CDs to keep you above 90% for when you get out of Frostmourne.
    There's no way to make it quicker though right?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Monteverdi pretty much summed up the fight. You'll lose damage compared to pre-5.4 because of the Vengeance changes but as long as you can get 5% or so of LK's health every transition you should be fine.
    I still want to know whether Infest grants Vengeance, I'll give it a try on my 85 DK as soon as I can get some play time. If it does, then it should be a standard trick that every DK uses to solo this, for it grants 100K+ Vengeance.

A question which I don't think has been addressed at all in this thread: What uses does Dark Simulacrum have, if any, while soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I still want to know whether Infest grants Vengeance, I'll give it a try on my 85 DK as soon as I can get some play time. If it does, then it should be a standard trick that every DK uses to solo this, for it grants 100K+ Vengeance.

A question which I don't think has been addressed at all in this thread: What uses does Dark Simulacrum have, if any, while soloing?
    Infest does not grant vengeance if the Paladin thread is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    There's no way to make it quicker though right?
    To get out Terenas has to finish casting his spell, and you cant make him do it any faster :/

Quote Originally Posted by Frendar View Post
    To get out Terenas has to finish casting his spell, and you cant make him do it any faster :/
    I thought that's what it was - it just seemed faster at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    So im soloing rag. in the 120+ pages can someone point me to how to do this on normal. I keep getting a stacking debuff and die around 80%. Also how to kill those crazy worms. I used invis pots to get past them but I would prefer not to keep using a pot each time to pass them on Rag wipes.

I am 543ilev in dps gear should be 550 by end of the week so I know I have the gear just not the technique .
    Honestly, in that gear you can just eat all the stacks and use cds properly. I know the vengeance nerf means less dps, but I did this in 534, and it's not like I'm a mionelol or raegwyn either. I just used AMS here and there to survive till p2, never reset the stacks, got like 18 of them, used death pact, then they reset in transition; same goes for p2, only got 14 stacks, easier than p1, then on p3 same and I only got 1 meteor, so extremely easy to handle. If you don't believe me, here it is.

Could anyone that solos Heroic LK 25 post their spec for it?

Even with the usage of drums and other buffs I couldnt get LK lower than 21% on HC :/

Deleted
    I solo it weekly in roughly 535 ilvl "mostly DPS gear" I aim to have around 100% mastery for the fight (Un-needed in all honesty.. its just what i'm used to.) I dunno what to suggest in terms of what others should do apart from, Equipping your dps gear and killing it easily :P Soaking of defile for free Vengeance and such obviously works out well and avoiding AOE'ing to much to keep any spare add's up for free vengeance for the fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've finally fixed the Hyjal MotW stacking with drums of BoK. Just to let you know. Skip drums and go get the MotW if you're going FL.

Not that it adds anything to thread, really, but I just want to say that I FINALLY KILLED HEROIC LK25 LAST NIGHT! I know a lot of you guys solo this bad boy with ease, but for me this took soo much work, it felt like a progression raid boss. I've always loved soloing in MMORPGs ever since I first cleared out HK47's instance as a solo jedi in SWG, but this takes the cake for best solo experience ever (only thing that could've made it better would have been if Invincible would have dropped). Now, to decide what to work on next...

Deleted
    I've been working on HCLK25 for awhile, and while I don't have a 'kill', I'm damned close (seriously - 11% wipe last night :|) Here are some tips, some from my own experience and some passed on from other posters:

• If you are an engineer, getting punted off the platform isn't necessarily a wipe (though you still lose a bit of DPS time, which can be crucial). Simply pop your goblin glider when punted off the platform to float back in. Non-Engineers can use the item from Timeless Isle to achieve the same effect.

There are surely many other tips that seasoned soloers can and hopefully will give, but those are some of the big things from my experience. (something I'm still fuzzy on is how to deal with the frostmourne room - what's the best way to handle this part of the fight?)
    I believe it's been said here earlier, but do these timeless isle kites work on the LK fight? I think they don't, but you seem to have tried it?

@Frendar: Are you staying in during transitions?

@All: how does this infest cheesing work? I get that it could grant a lot of vengeance, but I can't seem to figure out how to safely cheese it. Usually when I get it on me and it lasts more than 4-5 seconds I start to panic, because I'll have no idea how to get rid of it when it gets too much.

Has anybody found a way to get around the new Yogg-Saron bug?

In 10 attempts I only got to P2 once...

There are surely many other tips that seasoned soloers can and hopefully will give, but those are some of the big things from my experience. (something I'm still fuzzy on is how to deal with the frostmourne room - what's the best way to handle this part of the fight?)
    You just walk slowly in a circle and avoid the falling bombs. If you run low on health, death grip + death strike a ghost. You can also get a VB+Bloodtap off while your in there without consequences.

When you are out, AMS the vile spirits if you agro them.

Make sure to run accross the platform (like 50+ yards) to not agro a new summon of them. 1 set will despawn about the time you leave the throne room so you can kite LK back accross the platform.

Just keep in mind, kiting during this is a dps loss. Its better to AMS or IBF or AMZ to avoid damage from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post

Frendar: Are you staying in during transitions?
    Yeah, while in the transition I deal about 5% of his max HP

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    @All: how does this infest cheesing work? I get that it could grant a lot of vengeance, but I can't seem to figure out how to safely cheese it. Usually when I get it on me and it lasts more than 4-5 seconds I start to panic, because I'll have no idea how to get rid of it when it gets too much.
    You take off your gear prior to the encounter, and equip it during the intro at the beginning of the fight. Thus you'll start the fight at low health; use Lichborne or Death Pact to get to above 90% health when you feel threatened. When used properly this method granted 200k+ Vengeance in 5.3, probably less now, if any at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    No point in cheesing more or less anything on LK, nothing beyond melee hits grant you any significant vengeance. On my kill today I just went Roiling Blood for the most part, I let diseases drop from the adds just before the transition on purpose and then refreshed them. Rinsed and repeated. No point soaking anything since it doesn't give you nothing more than more to heal.

If you have trouble surviving, go for more mastery. If you're lacking dps, go for crit. Haste is almost obsolete right now with the SoB change. You're gcd-capped sub-4k haste if you're tanking like 3 mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    You take off your gear prior to the encounter, and equip it during the intro at the beginning of the fight. Thus you'll start the fight at low health; use Lichborne or Death Pact to get to above 90% health when you feel threatened. When used properly this method granted 200k+ Vengeance in 5.3, probably less now, if any at all.
    Infest no longer grants vengeance.
    Last edited by Kraeth; 2013-09-20 at 09:17 PM.

Not that it adds anything to thread, really, but I just want to say that I FINALLY KILLED HEROIC LK25 LAST NIGHT! I know a lot of you guys solo this bad boy with ease, but for me this took soo much work, it felt like a progression raid boss. I've always loved soloing in MMORPGs ever since I first cleared out HK47's instance as a solo jedi in SWG, but this takes the cake for best solo experience ever (only thing that could've made it better would have been if Invincible would have dropped). Now, to decide what to work on next...
    Our of curiousity:

- What ilvl is your weapon?
    - What trinkets were you using?
    - Your ilvl?

Having trouble myself, would like to know what you've got as you managed to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Got LK25HM down the other day finally. I got him to 16% on my first good attempt at 501 ilvl, 14% at 507, 10.9% at 511 and then got him. I also power leveled engineering to 600 before my 511 attempts. Luckily I got 5 pieces of Siege LFR gear this week plus 553 t16 gloves from a celestial and a couple pieces of heroic scenario gear all within a few days. I wasn't staying on him in the Icy Sphere phase until my last attempts and even then, I only stayed on him for a short time before backing up to the stairs again. So I'd say it's doable with a lower ilvl definitely if you macro a /target icy sphere into a melee attack and stay on him through that phase.

Used a strength flask, fort scroll, kings drums, strength pot twice and Heroism/Lust drums twice during the fight as human (can trinket the silence) and 600 Alchemy/600 Engineering. DPS gear, frost 2h reforge. While I was clearing ICC up to LK I spent a while on Dreamwalker. Best attempt was at 90 something % before I brought my priest in to finish it real quick. That was at 501 ilvl with the 1.60 speed Brutal Glad caster mace and a green 1.70 mace from AH.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Has anybody found a way to get around the new Yogg-Saron bug?

In 10 attempts I only got to P2 once...
    I believe that all the adds have to be dead when Sara casts a certain spell.