I was told the other day that it was impossible to solo 25H Marrowgar unless you were a goblin/worgen/pandaren, due to Bone Spike hitting you and you can't get out.

Is this true, or is there some way around the mechanic, such as a PvP trinket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salivanth View Post
    I was told the other day that it was impossible to solo 25H Marrowgar unless you were a goblin/worgen/pandaren, due to Bone Spike hitting you and you can't get out.

Unholy blight and DnD just before the spikes impales you and you'll get out safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    I give up. And quite frankly, after seeing all the bragging people have about them soloing it on their 520 rogue / 516 hunter / 530 dk / etc, with me already being 540, it makes me think that perhaps its just the game telling me i should quit and go play something else where i dont make myself look like an absolute noobtard.
    Lol stop raging around and just fuck on that particular boss

Btw I wondered if someone with (close to) BiS gear can burst Marrowgar down without him casting a single spike?
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post

Btw I wondered if someone with (close to) BiS gear can burst Marrowgar down without him casting a single spike?
    Easily, the only spikes dangerous are when he is in bonestorm, as you are an invalid target as long as he hits you.
    So you should have about a minute, he has 30 million hp, so you need about 500k dps, if we ignore the 30% dmg buff you need ~385k.
    I have 574 ilvl and killed Ultraxion in 75 sec, he has 36 million hp and no 30% buff around. Marrowgar should therefore be also doable in normal gear, atleast with bl drums.

Nice, thank you Probably not exactly what I can do (~535) but why would I care.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

I give up.

Three weeks. Three fucking weeks of me attempting Yog + 0 on 25 on my dk.

I have tried blood gear + tank spec. I have tried blood gear + dps spec. I have tried Frost spec with tank gear. I have tried frost spec with frost gear.
    I have literally wasted 10hours+ nearly every day on that fucking thing, in ilvl 540. I have changed pretty much every glyph and talent at least 10 times at this point.

I cant deal with phase two. The moment p2 starts, i can kill the constrictor by using DND and outbreaking/bloodboiling it. Problem is that as soon as im out of it, im already slowed, stunned and immediately constricted again. It doesnt matter if i pop my IBF / AMS, because i just get all the shit reapplied to me as soon as it falls off. I cant even REACH the crusher tentacles in 90% of cases, because i just re-constricted along the way, over and over and over again. On those lucky attempts that i manage to get into brain room, i think i had ONE attempt when i didnt spend half of the time being stunned on my way to the first illusion mob.

Once, ONCE i managed to get into p3. Only to be immediately instagibbed by 7 corruptor and 3 crusher tentacles that were alive when p3 began (after ONE portal phase).

I give up. And quite frankly, after seeing all the bragging people have about them soloing it on their 520 rogue / 516 hunter / 530 dk / etc, with me already being 540, it makes me think that perhaps its just the game telling me i should quit and go play something else where i dont make myself look like an absolute noobtard.
    You're more than geared for it unless you're using a really really bad weapon. You'll probably have the easiest time as Blood. While I too hate this fight these are things that help my DK get a kill.

1. You can not miss the first two Brain Phases. If you do you may as well let your character die as there are too many tentacles to deal with by the third Brain Phase.

2. Phase 1 = run through all the clouds to force spawn adds. This will bring Sara to 1 hp faster than normally allowing them to spawn. Try to have at least 2-3 adds at 70%+ when Phase 2 starts.

3. Phase 2 = Blood Boil (if you're using Roiling Blood) or Pestilence one of the Phase 1 adds to disease up Constrictor that grabs you. Spam Blood Boil until it dies. Pop AMS about 5 seconds into being grabbed to avoid the initial wave of debuffs.

4. Take note of where the Crusher and Corrupter tentacles are. If they're on opposite sides then commit to whichever one is closest. If the Corrupter then kill it, otherwise run to the Crusher to give you more safe time from getting grabbed then make your way to the Corruptor. Make sure you have at least 1 Blood Rune to Strangulate it during a Black Plague or Apathy cast if your AMS isn't back up yet.

5. Take note of where the 2nd Corrupter spawns. If it's too far away from the nearest Crusher just ignore it though try to set it to focus so you can attempt to AMS Black Plague/Apathy.

6. If you can run to the Crusher immediately after the 1st Corrupter dies to avoid getting gripped. Otherwise wait by Yogg in an area where you can quickly click a portal after killing the Constrictor that grabs you. If you go the later route DO NOT DISEASE the Constrictor. Instead spam Blood Boil (you can also Death and Decay if you have more than 20 seconds until Brain Portals) and get it to about 10k health.

7. Malady of the Mind generally occurs near the spawning of the Brain Portals so make sure you are able to handle that fear depending on what you did in 6. If you were on a Crusher try to make sure it doesn't die until after Malady and portals spawn or you'll get grabbed. If you have just been gripped for a while immediately kill the Constrictor after Malady and click a portal.

8. Unless you go in with zero debuffs you probably won't burn the Brain in one portal phase. As long as you can get it to 50% or less you'll be fine. Summon your Ghoul at start and Death Coil/Icy Touch targets to force it to jump and attack. If you're in the LK vision use Death and Decay on one group of adds + 1 blood boil to make sure it dies. The others use spread diseases and Blood Boil/Heart Strike them until dead. Use IBF at 15 seconds remaining on Black Plague then Desecrated Ground if you get stunned in the last 2-3. Use AotD/Pot/Drums provided you have about 30+ seconds left in there, otherwise it's not worth the channel time.

9. Assuming you didn't push to Phase 3 you'll pop out of the Brain room and be waiting for the next set of portals. Unless you get punted directly onto a Crusher and can hit it before you get gripped you'll be a ragdoll in a Constrictor. Don't bother killing the Constrictor as you're already in a spot to quickly click a Brain Portal when they spawn. Again, DO NOT DISEASE this Constrictor; just Blood Boil spam it to about 10k health. When the next round of portals spawn wait for the Malady to end (generally occurs just before or up to 3 seconds after they appear), quickly kill the Constrictor and click a portal before you get grabbed by another. Use AMS on CD to avoid debuffs.

10. The 2nd Brain Phase is just about pushing Yogg to Phase 3 and isn't too difficult. Try not to have gotten below 60 Sanity by the end of the 2nd Brain Phase so that you can just stare a Yogg during Lunatic Gaze in Phase 3 to get more damage on him.

11. Hopefully Phase 3 has started by this point. Find a clump of Corrupters (why they spawn on top of each other I dunno) and get diseases on them all. Single target them down while using AMS to prevent Black Plague/Apathy. Run away from them when the warning bout Empowered Shadows is about to occur. If you get stunned immediately IBF to get away if any faceless add is purple colored. Once the Shadows have hit run back to the Corrupters and kill them.

12. If there's still a large number of Corrupters up repeat 11 until they're all dead. Otherwise start cleaning up the Crushers to get rid of your damage dealt debuffs while remembering to move away from Crushers and Yogg during Empowered Shadows. You can leave 1-2 up if they're really far away and you're worried about the hard Enrage.

13. Tunnel the shit out of Yogg, just never let him heal from Empowered Shadows. DRW on CD to get double diseases and two sets of double Soul Reapers on him. Save Death and Decay for when you have to run adds away from Yogg for Empowered Shadows since you don't have to be able to look in direction you want to cast D&D. Repeat until Yogg is dead

A bit wordy but I hope it helps. If it didn't just get one other person to go with you but you'll then have to worry about Brain Link and Malady passing between you two.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    <snip>
    All good and dandy.
    Except for the part where it doesnt apply to me at all.

4. Take note of where the Crusher and Corrupter tentacles are. If they're on opposite sides then commit to whichever one is closest. If the Corrupter then kill it, otherwise run to the Crusher to give you more safe time from getting grabbed then make your way to the Corruptor. Make sure you have at least 1 Blood Rune to Strangulate it during a Black Plague or Apathy cast if your AMS isn't back up yet.
    Here is how my fight goes.
    P2 starts. I get constricted, i drop dnd/outbreak/bloodboil. The crusher and corruptor are both opposite side of room.
    Constrictor dies. I run towards crusher and get constricted again. Runes are on cooldown, ams is too. By the time i finally get constrictor down, im already plagued,slowed and then instantly constricted again.

Maybe once every 20 or so attempts ill be able to get to a portal - either by running to it before constrictor gets me or by being near crusher.

7. Malady of the Mind generally occurs near the spawning of the Brain Portals so make sure you are able to handle that fear depending on what you did in 6. If you were on a Crusher try to make sure it doesn't die until after Malady and portals spawn or you'll get grabbed. If you have just been gripped for a while immediately kill the Constrictor after Malady and click a portal.
    Wrong. It happens all the fucking time. Like literally, if im not in AMS, im maladied. It does not seem to have any kind of timer, it literally just pops it on me whenever.

9. Assuming you didn't push to Phase 3 you'll pop out of the Brain room and be waiting for the next set of portals. Unless you get punted directly onto a Crusher and can hit it before you get gripped you'll be a ragdoll in a Constrictor. Don't bother killing the Constrictor as you're already in a spot to quickly click a Brain Portal when they spawn. Again, DO NOT DISEASE this Constrictor; just Blood Boil spam it to about 10k health. When the next round of portals spawn wait for the Malady to end (generally occurs just before or up to 3 seconds after they appear), quickly kill the Constrictor and click a portal before you get grabbed by another. Use AMS on CD to avoid debuffs.
    All fine, except for the complete and total permastun that i cant avoid because my IBF is on cooldown. And if i do get into brain room again, i spend 90% of it standing near start being stunned/slowed/etc

Oh and dont forget the death coils. Even being constricted near the portal doesnt mean ill be able to click it, because ill just get coiled twice in a row, preventing me from even AMSing it.

11. Hopefully Phase 3 has started by this point. Find a clump of Corrupters (why they spawn on top of each other I dunno) and get diseases on them all. Single target them down while using AMS to prevent Black Plague/Apathy. Run away from them when the warning bout Empowered Shadows is about to occur. If you get stunned immediately IBF to get away if any faceless add is purple colored. Once the Shadows have hit run back to the Corrupters and kill them.
    It's like we're killing different bosses. They NEVER spawn in clusters. They literally spread the fuck around the room. Also the diseases are up as soon as AMS is down, so that prevents it for maybe 10 sec or so.

12. If there's still a large number of Corrupters up repeat 11 until they're all dead. Otherwise start cleaning up the Crushers to get rid of your damage dealt debuffs while remembering to move away from Crushers and Yogg during Empowered Shadows. You can leave 1-2 up if they're really far away and you're worried about the hard Enrage.

13. Tunnel the shit out of Yogg, just never let him heal from Empowered Shadows. DRW on CD to get double diseases and two sets of double Soul Reapers on him. Save Death and Decay for when you have to run adds away from Yogg for Empowered Shadows since you don't have to be able to look in direction you want to cast D&D. Repeat until Yogg is dead
    By the time im done with corruptors, which goes INCREDIBLY slow due to crusher debuffs and permastun/slow, there are usually so many guardians around that i have to struggle to keep myself up.

And it's not the point of getting a second person in. People who have worse gear than me claim to have it on farm. And i cant even bloody kill it once.
    We dream, we dream.

Anakonda, I would suggest speccing unholy for the fight. Harder blood boil, timmy to kill constrictors, stronger death siphons for heal, more dot power for keeping guardians low easier while focussing the boss. Also independant cds you can put the garg/army on a target and hit another and so on.

The gernal build up of unholy makes the fight alo easier then with frost and depending on gear as blood. Perma execute on yogg also is plus for unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Anakonda, I would suggest speccing unholy for the fight. Harder blood boil, timmy to kill constrictors, stronger death siphons for heal, more dot power for keeping guardians low easier while focussing the boss. Also independant cds you can put the garg/army on a target and hit another and so on.

The gernal build up of unholy makes the fight alo easier then with frost and depending on gear as blood. Perma execute on yogg also is plus for unholy.
    While that is true, the fact stands that every dk and his dog shout about how they farm yogg as blood/frost, and i cant do it.
    I could go unholy. I could also bring 10 friends and steamroll the fucker. But the fact is, everyone except me seems to be able to solo it in frost/blodo just bloody fine.
    We dream, we dream.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    While that is true, the fact stands that every dk and his dog shout about how they farm yogg as blood/frost, and i cant do it.
    I could go unholy. I could also bring 10 friends and steamroll the fucker. But the fact is, everyone except me seems to be able to solo it in frost/blodo just bloody fine.
    You are using a Potion of Purification, though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    You are using a Potion of Purification, though, right?
    Surprisingly... no. Good call.
    Not sure how much it will help, but at this point ill take everything.
    We dream, we dream.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I just completed my first solo clear of ICC (2 on 10 man, but the rest on 25 and HC LK kill). Would not have been able to without this thread and those who posted tips and strats. Thanks, hopefully I can finish my Shadowmourne now, and maybe get Invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    All of your problems are coming from this.
    Kill it faster so you can get to the crusher quicker. There is no other solution.
    Also, use Desecrated Ground. I don't use a potion personally, DG is more than enough.
    It takes me 1 outbreak and maybe 4 boils to kill it, so thats 4 GCD's, with DND underneath it. If the crusher is opposite, i get maybe a third of the way (halfway with rocket boosts) before getting constricted again
    We dream, we dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidic View Post
    Thanks, hopefully I can finish my Shadowmourne now, and maybe get Invincible.
    Or maybe not. Anyway good work.

Deleted
    fuck yea, mimi head on the second solo run

invincible on new years eve, didnt thought i would have anymore luck this year
    Last edited by mmoc5fe1218526; 2014-01-27 at 11:03 AM.

It takes me 1 outbreak and maybe 4 boils to kill it, so thats 4 GCD's, with DND underneath it. If the crusher is opposite, i get maybe a third of the way (halfway with rocket boosts) before getting constricted again
    In addition to what Mione replied with and what I've already said in that wall of text post: being in a Constrictor 10-15 seconds before Brain Portals spawn is not a bad thing; wait out the Malady that occurs around the portal time, kill your Constrictor and click a portal. You have a few seconds before you can be grabbed again so you may need to DC/IBF then to make sure you get inside.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhnwyn View Post
    fuck yea, mimi head on the second solo run

invincible on new years eve, didnt thought i would have anymore luck this year
    All I can say is screw you.

Quote Originally Posted by Salivanth View Post

Easy 25M Marrogar Heroic strat with Roiling Blood:

The only time the bone spike is going to hit you is during Bone Storm. So here's the strat I use to solo it:

~10s before Bone Storm, pool 1 blood, 1 death and as much RP as I can
    Bone Storm Hits
    ~2-3s after Bone Storm hits use Conversion -> Dnd (2 gcds)
    ~5s after Bone Storm hits, Marrowgar will cast Bone Spike Graveyard

Now, watch the cast of Bone Spike Graveyard. AS SOON AS he finishes the cast (there is a small window behind him finishing the cast and you being spiked), hit BB. The wait time from client -> server -> proc Pestilience is enough for the Pestilience to hit your bone spike. The combination of ~6s DnD and diseases is enough to kill the spike in a decent amount of time. Even if it takes a little longer, pooling RP and using Conversion will let you heal for ALOT during the spike, and greatly increase your time to death.

I am trying to solo Heroic Cho'gall but am having a problem with an ability called "corruption accelerated". How in the world am I getting this? Everything is going fine, i'm not standing in crap and avoid the shadow bolts. Yet every time after the first add dies and I kill the oozes this somehow gets applied to me and I get 100% corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    I am trying to solo Heroic Cho'gall but am having a problem with an ability called "corruption accelerated". How in the world am I getting this? Everything is going fine, i'm not standing in crap and avoid the shadow bolts. Yet every time after the first add dies and I kill the oozes this somehow gets applied to me and I get 100% corruption.
    You get this at 25 Corruption. If you're not standing in things and not getting hit by Corrupting Crash, my estimation for why you're getting this is the oozes. The oozes deal corruption every time they melee you, so you have to kill them with Blood Boil, Death and Decay, and diseases while kiting them. There may be some Heroic-only mechanic I'm overlooking, but given that you didn't mention avoiding the oozes in your post, this seems the most likely answer. I use Glyph of Death and Decay and Glyph of Pestilence on that fight to help with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Isobad View Post
    Easy 25M Marrogar Heroic strat with Roiling Blood:

The only time the bone spike is going to hit you is during Bone Storm. So here's the strat I use to solo it:

~10s before Bone Storm, pool 1 blood, 1 death and as much RP as I can
    Bone Storm Hits
    ~2-3s after Bone Storm hits use Conversion -> Dnd (2 gcds)
    ~5s after Bone Storm hits, Marrowgar will cast Bone Spike Graveyard

Now, watch the cast of Bone Spike Graveyard. AS SOON AS he finishes the cast (there is a small window behind him finishing the cast and you being spiked), hit BB. The wait time from client -> server -> proc Pestilience is enough for the Pestilience to hit your bone spike. The combination of ~6s DnD and diseases is enough to kill the spike in a decent amount of time. Even if it takes a little longer, pooling RP and using Conversion will let you heal for ALOT during the spike, and greatly increase your time to death.
    Would Unholy Blight allow me to apply the diseases without the super-small timing window?
    Last edited by Salivanth; 2014-01-29 at 01:15 PM.