It might be a stupid question, but how exactly do you GET to LK25H solo? Do you ask some friend every week to help you get through Festergut and Valithria?

Or am I missing something? Is it possible to have a 8/12 normal save on an alt, use it for DK every week, kill Putricide, BQL and Sindragosa HC to unlock LK etc etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    It might be a stupid question, but how exactly do you GET to LK25H solo? Do you ask some friend every week to help you get through Festergut and Valithria?

Or am I missing something? Is it possible to have a 8/12 normal save on an alt, use it for DK every week, kill Putricide, BQL and Sindragosa HC to unlock LK etc etc?
    Have an 11/12 (normal or heroic doesn't matter) lockout on an alt and extend it each week, swap to 25H and kill LK.

festergut you can solo by using AMS to prevent enough aplications to take him down, Valithria is soloable i think theres a more in depth explanation on the first page

Answering to you both - I'm quite certain that in order to switch to 25H on LK, you have to kill all 11 bosses in 25man, and Putricide, Sindragosa and BQL must also be killed in heroic.

I've never heard about soloing Valithria 25man as DK, not sure about festergut - you can't drop the stacks alltogether, and I don't see DK soloing the 25man (even normal) festergut, even with the plague scientist, below ~540 ilvl dps gear...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, normal/heroic SHOULD matter, because if you use a heroic lockout, your alt will also have his lockout as 12/12 after you kill lich king, even if he wasn't present. That's how heroic lockouts work, so I'm pretty certain you can only 'save' a normal lockout on one of your alts for those matters...
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Answering to you both - I'm quite certain that in order to switch to 25H on LK, you have to kill all 11 bosses in 25man, and Putricide, Sindragosa and BQL must also be killed in heroic.

I've never heard about soloing Valithria 25man as DK, not sure about festergut - you can't drop the stacks alltogether, and I don't see DK soloing the 25man (even normal) festergut, even with the plague scientist, below ~540 ilvl dps gear...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, normal/heroic SHOULD matter, because if you use a heroic lockout, your alt will also have his lockout as 12/12 after you kill lich king, even if he wasn't present. That's how heroic lockouts work, so I'm pretty certain you can only 'save' a normal lockout on one of your alts for those matters...
    The heroic requirements for lk hc is no longer. You can just switch on heroic for him like for any other encounter in ICC.
    And as you can just clear 10 man normal you can keep the id, as normal ids are purely personal.

Valithira should not be possible on 25 man as a blood dk, even 10 man normal can be tight.
    For Festergut, he should be easily doable as dps below 540, death siphon heal is surely enough to keep you alive with 30% dmg buff, 30% heal buff and 100% plague scientist buff, additionally gastric bloat also increases your dmg dealt, so festerguts dmg should be laughable at best.
    With all that buffs even the heroic version should be quiet easy as dps, as tank the requirements are higher of course, but actually using blood spec is not really necessary on most Wotlk Bosses if you have like full SoO lfr gear or flex gear and play somewhat properly, there are some exceptions where you might need normal siege gear and maybe halion 25 hc and lk 25 hc can even with normal gear get nasty due to some dmg spikes, but at heroic they are pretty easy again, like basically most 10 man heroic cata bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    for me i use a macro
    /tar ice
    /cast runestrike
    /targetlasttarget
    and then personally run out to melee the ice sphere down this way i dont get silenced at an awkward moment and it activates

you have a couple second before its active and you can safely melee it

were you trying to soak defiles? what put you low enough that infest stayed on?

if your using then thats probably holding you back quite a bit weapon is pretty important if you can manage to get a 528 from SoO LFR youd see a big difference and probably easily make the enrage
    Is there a way to modify that macro so that it doesn't target last target unless the Ice Sphere is dead? I've been fiddling with them for a bit.

I was soaking defiles. I was also getting Soul Reaper while silenced so I don't know if that helps. I just wasn't able to heal to full and eventually infest started ticking for 200k and killed me pretty quickly. I only had one attempt where I successfully pushed into phase 2 so when I try again I'll post those results.

Aren't the weapons from SoO LFR only 505? I don't have a lot of time to play so sitting in que for 1 to 2 hours then in there for another 2 or 3 for 1 wing has been hard coming for me. That was a few months ago though. I'm actually off work this week though so I'll try again and hope the loot gods love me. (yes the weapon you linked is what I"m currently using, I do have it upgraded with valor points. I'm assuming you're right and it's holding me back. I feel like its taking way too long to push LK into transition and phase 2 but it may be due to my gear as you stated.

Might have bee asked before so please bear withme.

I have played around with Halion acouple of hours and head into a problem.

I'm a DK frost/blood. Frost is 544 ad blood is 529.

Firsttime I went all blood with selfbuffs. At 50%, phase 3, I started getting hits from HS at 750.000 and over, but he enraged.
    Since then I have tried (in blood) all frost with frost buffs, all blood with frost buffs etc. and not a single time have I been able to keep him from healing above 50%.
    I take it that the high damage I do will only occure when he is under 50% health and that it will increase as his health decreases?

Any suggestions?
    I have a couple of videos of the fights and have studied hem. Sadly I didn't tape the first one.
    Last edited by Angelhearth; 2014-02-15 at 01:53 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually not true :P Festergut 25H was soloed in 5.3 (post-AMS nerf) by an ilevel 530 Unholy DK, and with the significant buffs to Frost/Unholy since then, the requirement has dropped a lot. I did it as a 517 2H Frost DK, and I'll be trying 25N on my level 85 soon ~

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHabit View Post
    Is there a way to modify that macro so that it doesn't target last target unless the Ice Sphere is dead? I've been fiddling with them for a bit.

I was soaking defiles. I was also getting Soul Reaper while silenced so I don't know if that helps. I just wasn't able to heal to full and eventually infest started ticking for 200k and killed me pretty quickly. I only had one attempt where I successfully pushed into phase 2 so when I try again I'll post those results.

Aren't the weapons from SoO LFR only 505? I don't have a lot of time to play so sitting in que for 1 to 2 hours then in there for another 2 or 3 for 1 wing has been hard coming for me. That was a few months ago though. I'm actually off work this week though so I'll try again and hope the loot gods love me. (yes the weapon you linked is what I"m currently using, I do have it upgraded with valor points. I'm assuming you're right and it's holding me back. I feel like its taking way too long to push LK into transition and phase 2 but it may be due to my gear as you stated.
    i dont think so but they have low health so it would be pretty easy to one shot them

you could always make another macro to target the Lich King and cut out the last line and jsut use 2 macros

and no all SoO LFR gear is 528

Confirmed all LFR gear in SoO is 528 other than a few items from Hellscream's table.

Still no tips about morchok 25 normal? Can't do it anyway this lockout (saved), so will be for next, but how's the stat prio on it, parry\dodge > mastery > caps > rest? I'll try it with a gearset of mostly dps gear and some mastery items (can reforge to parry ofc if needed), 881k hp unbuffed and 173% mastery, otherwise can swap to a stam trinket for 60k more hp and 9% less mastery, or can reach 200% mastery and 881k hp reforging all.

With buffs I guess 970k hp or so, but any idea of how much avoidance I need at least (mine is dps gear, so can't get very high)? Assuming it helps a lot since he does less stacks of sunders and then stomps hit less (2.250.000 physical damage, so around 975.000 with full armor and without taking into account presence and blood shield and raises till almost the full amount as armor gets reduced).

Also is purgatory worth it in this fight? Normally I use lichborne, but when I was 2-manning it with a prot paladin sometime ago (I was taking all stacks cause I had more gear), once he died I noticed that I always got 1-shotted by a stomp when I wiped, I never found myself in a position to use LB, first full hp, then dead.

Other thing, are exp and hit cap important on this? Considering the 7 min enrage -> 160k dps to beat it? Or should I keep them at lower amounts like 4-5% and focus more on defensive stats?

Sorry about so many questions, but this is probably my last goal of the exp: how about the meta gem and the cloak? I have both gems but was thinking to use the tank meta in this case, 20% less damage when active sounds useful for stomps, as for the cloaks I only have dps one, worth paying 7k for the tank one? Does the effect it has prevent you from dying and heal you to full on a 2 min cd, if I understood right?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2014-02-15 at 02:18 PM.

I guess the easiest method would be as much mastery and stam to survive the stomps (they will probably give you enough vengeance to beat the enrage). Avoidance to avoid armor debuff stacks might be cool if you feel like surviving stomps isn't that much of a problem. Aim for 7.5% hit, but having less at the cost of some mastery is probably ok for this particular fight.

If you have awesome DPS gear you can probably burst him more or less with CDs, but this would only work if he doesn't live long enough for you to have no CDs left.

This post is completely hypothetical
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Still no tips about morchok 25 normal? Can't do it anyway this lockout (saved), so will be for next, but how's the stat prio on it, parry\dodge > mastery > caps > rest? I'll try it with a gearset of mostly dps gear and some mastery items (can reforge to parry ofc if needed), 881k hp unbuffed and 173% mastery, otherwise can swap to a stam trinket for 60k more hp and 9% less mastery, or can reach 200% mastery and 881k hp reforging all.

With buffs I guess 970k hp or so, but any idea of how much avoidance I need at least (mine is dps gear, so can't get very high)? Assuming it helps a lot since he does less stacks of sunders and then stomps hit less (2.250.000 physical damage, so around 975.000 with full armor and without taking into account presence and blood shield and raises till almost the full amount as armor gets reduced).

Also is purgatory worth it in this fight? Normally I use lichborne, but when I was 2-manning it with a prot paladin sometime ago (I was taking all stacks cause I had more gear), once he died I noticed that I always got 1-shotted by a stomp when I wiped, I never found myself in a position to use LB, first full hp, then dead.

Other thing, are exp and hit cap important on this? Considering the 7 min enrage -> 160k dps to beat it? Or should I keep them at lower amounts like 4-5% and focus more on defensive stats?

Sorry about so many questions, but this is probably my last goal of the exp: how about the meta gem and the cloak? I have both gems but was thinking to use the tank meta in this case, 20% less damage when active sounds useful for stomps, as for the cloaks I only have dps one, worth paying 7k for the tank one? Does the effect it has prevent you from dying and heal you to full on a 2 min cd, if I understood right?
    Did you watch the video linked in this thread during 5.3? The fight should be more or less the same, as the only Vengeance nerf that affects this is the 1.8% -> 1.5% change, and you have more gear. Use tank gear, which was also used in the video.

Give the boss a few tries and select Lichborne/Purgatory accordingly.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-15 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks both for the answers, and yes, I watched that video lots of times, I guess I will try with my current mastery set, if I die and have enough margin to the enrage I will get the timeless 543 mastery + dodge trinket and reforge all dps items to mastery and parry; if really necessary to survive I will get the tank cloak. Also an advantage that avoidance can give: back then riposte didn't exist, some bonus crit doesn't hurt.

True, the faster he dies the less time you have to die yourself o/

I'm going to give Yogg 0 25m a chance @ 518ilvl. I dont have much hope in it, but meh. Been doing H LK for a few weeks now, first kill 499 Ilvl, at 518 its a push over, beyond a joke. Lets see if I can rage quit on Yogg xD

Yea.. first attemtp...yea... no comment..

- - - Updated - - -

Any tips for P3? I got nito P3 after ~4 attempts.
    The issue was there were 4, yes 4, crusher tenticles up. Thats 80% (60% after i interrupt 1, 2 depending on spread) reduction. I deal piss poor damage and by the time i killed one I already had like 10 of the guardians on me. Ontop of this, there were like 6 of the tenticles that put debuffs on you up. I just committed suicide at that point, I have NFI what to do in that situation.

2 brain phases btw.

Man, I hate playing this game casually (CBF raiding, did it hardcore, top 50 world guild in Cata), limited to the availability on what you can do. I cant see this being possible with 2 brain phases. Givign up on this after ~6 or so attempts.

Tip: Dont touch Yogg @ 518ilvl.
    Last edited by Faulty Mitchell; 2014-02-17 at 08:33 PM.

"I hate that song". Is it possible to solo? The levers takes 10 secs each, and you have to interrupt within 15 secs?

Not soloable since you need to click both levers AND kick the boss who is like 29764km away from the levers. Get 2 friends for that one

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Not soloable since you need to click both levers AND kick the boss who is like 29764km away from the levers. Get 2 friends for that one
    If you get 5 people you can actually burst him fast enough to down him prior to him channeling the song.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    If you get 5 people you can actually burst him fast enough to down him prior to him channeling the song.
    Clever, haven't thought about that even though it's kind of obvious^^