Quote Originally Posted by diezel413 View Post
    Confirmed all LFR gear in SoO is 528 other than a few items from Hellscream's table.
    Everything from Garrosh on LFR is 528 as heirlooms only drop from Flex, Normal and Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    Clever, haven't thought about that even though it's kind of obvious^^
    It actually happened by accident in our group...2 of us were down by the levers and suddenly we all got the achievement. Enhancement burst is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Answering to you both - I'm quite certain that in order to switch to 25H on LK, you have to kill all 11 bosses in 25man, and Putricide, Sindragosa and BQL must also be killed in heroic.

I've never heard about soloing Valithria 25man as DK, not sure about festergut - you can't drop the stacks alltogether, and I don't see DK soloing the 25man (even normal) festergut, even with the plague scientist, below ~540 ilvl dps gear...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, normal/heroic SHOULD matter, because if you use a heroic lockout, your alt will also have his lockout as 12/12 after you kill lich king, even if he wasn't present. That's how heroic lockouts work, so I'm pretty certain you can only 'save' a normal lockout on one of your alts for those matters...
    I solo all 12 bosses included HC LK 25 man each week. My character is Tarnesh on Dark Iron, I have ~535 ilvl dps gear as 2h Frost and ~540 ilvl tank gear (needed for Valithria).

I run 25 man for the first 2 bosses (only LK is heroic), 10 man on Gunship, 25 man for the 4th boss. Then I decide which wing to tackle first, blood or frost. If I go blood first, I clear trash to the princes, go mc a plague scientist, and kill princes as Frost with plague scientist. Then I clear to BQL, still on 25 man, with a plague scientist, and kill her as frost or blood (blood is easier, but Frost is faster). On to frost wing, step outside instance, switch to 10 man, put on all the stamina you can and spec blood, hope you can heal dreamwalker on first try. Sometimes takes 2-3 attempts (basically im not disciplined enough to stay on top of her to heal her with bloodworms 100% of the time). After thats done, go outside the instance, back to 25 man for the rest of the bosses. Sindragosa is easy, think I do it as blood, but is probably doable with frost.

As for plague wing, these guys have always been 1 shots for me since I started this a few weeks ago. I can do them (not PP) as frost with no problem as long as I have an mc plague scientist. I hit ~400k dps easily without flask or drums. On PP, I switch back to blood just to make it easier. Once LK is the only boss left, switch to heroic inside the instance, go blood, and follow the various strats already posted (p1 on the steps, dps through transitions using cd's to survive if you need to, i find icy spheres easy to target by having the camera straight above myself and the LK pointing down with nameplates off, single RS kills them, dps LK only using DRW and Outbreak together for double diseases). Total clear should take less than 2 hours, and thats a leisurely pace. Since starting to clear it weekly about a month ago, I have never wiped in plague wing, and LK is only due to poor placement in p1 and being blown off the ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Also, normal/heroic SHOULD matter, because if you use a heroic lockout, your alt will also have his lockout as 12/12 after you kill lich king, even if he wasn't present. That's how heroic lockouts work, so I'm pretty certain you can only 'save' a normal lockout on one of your alts for those matters...
    The answer to this is kill the final wings on 10m Heroic and then switch to 25man heroic. The alt uses the 10man raid id so when lk dies on 25man, it doesn't overwrite it like it normally would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    The answer to this is kill the final wings on 10m Heroic and then switch to 25man heroic. The alt uses the 10man raid id so when lk dies on 25man, it doesn't overwrite it like it normally would have.
    You're doing it all to complicated. You only need to kill Lich King once on 25m normal to unlock heroic. After that you can clear up to LK on 10N, go outside, set 25m and go inside and swap to heroic. If you kill any bosses on heroic, you can not swap between 10/25 mode.

It's been a while since I've done it, but I belive it's enough to enter with your alt now, accept save and then extend lockout every week. Though it's been a while since I've done this myself, as I usually clear full ICC with a friend for a shield that just won't drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidic View Post
    I run 25 man for the first 2 bosses (only LK is heroic), 10 man on Gunship, 25 man for the 4th boss. Then I decide which wing to tackle first, blood or frost. If I go blood first, I clear trash to the princes, go mc a plague scientist, and kill princes as Frost with plague scientist. Then I clear to BQL, still on 25 man, with a plague scientist, and kill her as frost or blood (blood is easier, but Frost is faster). On to frost wing, step outside instance, switch to 10 man, put on all the stamina you can and spec blood, hope you can heal dreamwalker on first try. Sometimes takes 2-3 attempts (basically im not disciplined enough to stay on top of her to heal her with bloodworms 100% of the time). After thats done, go outside the instance, back to 25 man for the rest of the bosses. Sindragosa is easy, think I do it as blood, but is probably doable with frost.
    This was the most complicated thing I read today.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    if you kill a boss on 10mh you cant kill anything on 25mh so no invincible that week

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    While I certainly do not recommand touching Yogg at 518 ilvl (you won't kill it easily) you're also doing it completely wrong if you have 4 crusher tentacles after two brain pahses. That means you either:
    1) never killed a single one
    2) took ages in the brain room resulting two spawning during each phase instead of one (the second brain phase especially must be extremely long for a second crusher to spawn)

I had 2 brain phases in my first kill as well (ilvl 52X, no legendary meta, no legendary nor epic cloak), and had only two crushers in p3.
    The only 'nerf' since then is the Vengeance change which doesn't change anything til the end of p3 (Vengeance doesn't exist before that part anyway) and is more than offset by the survivability changes when tanking a lot of mobs (SoB), or the addition of Regenerative Magic.
    Sanity has also been completely removed from the fight which means you should do brain phases SUPER quickly now, as you no longer have to turn around to avoid skulls and stuff. Just rush straight to the mobs, abuse heart strike in ICC, in every other one use only single rune abilities such as IT/PS (you can let diseases finish off the first few tentacles in Sartharion/Stormwind) and go FAST. Disregard the skulls entirely.

If you're going to do it with two brain phases, you're supposed to time the end of the second phase correctly with your dots and to leave the room early so you can start DPS'ing the tentacles earlier. Let the dots trigger Yogg below 30%.

tl;dr it's not going to be easy, but you certainly shouldn't give up that quickly.
    You sir/madam are a God. ^-^. I was going to give it another attempt tonight anyway, WANT THAT MIMS HEAD!. Thank you for your suggestions. With ampathy (I think thats the one that slows you down a metric butt load) is there any way of removing this? I'm avid at DK at best, only play it to solo H LK and soon Mims head (MORE LFR!!). That was a big issue, going into the first/second brain room with it on me due to having to tank a crusher and being unable to go kill the corrupters due to constrictors chaining me.

Thankyou for your reply Mione, I'll be giving it another shot soon.
    Last edited by Faulty Mitchell; 2014-02-18 at 07:30 PM.

Ok, thank you again Mione. A huge help

What ilvl should I aim for to solo LK and yoga as dps specc? I don't really like soloing as tank so if you don't need a insane amount of gear to do it as dos I would rather do it that way.
    Last edited by Fungj; 2014-02-19 at 05:18 AM. Reason: autocorrect doesn't know what dps is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    What ilvl should I aim for to solo LK and yoga as dos specc? I don't really like soloing as tank so if you don't need a insane amount of gear to do it as dos I would rather do it that way.
    for LK if you have 510 (DPS) gear youll be able to get it done for yogg though its hrder to say some people at 520 say they can get the kill and some people at 550 say there still trying

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    for LK if you have 510 (DPS) gear youll be able to get it done for yogg though its hrder to say some people at 520 say they can get the kill and some people at 550 say there still trying
    Fungj is asking about soloing them as a DPS specialization, which would require 530 gear as Unholy (slightly more for Frost I'd guess), and ~530-540 for Yogg in a DPS specialization.

The reason why people at 550 do not do well on Yogg is because it's the sort of fight where mechanics > gear. That's why someone like Mione can do it with a 510 ilevel, while someone else might struggle with much more gear.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-02-18 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Weapon and Trinkets make it easiert though

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Fungj is asking about soloing them as a DPS specialization, which would require 530 gear as Unholy (slightly more for Frost I'd guess), and ~530-540 for Yogg in a DPS specialization.

The reason why people at 550 do not do well on Yogg is because it's the sort of fight where mechanics > gear. That's why someone like Mione can do it with a 510 ilevel, while someone else might struggle with much more gear.
    Eh, Mione at 510 ilvl would still have a harder time post 5.4 because of the RPPM changes. But yes, Yogg is definitely the more annoying of the two fights.

Deleted
    On Yogg+0 do the Immortal Guardian adds still do less damage at low health? Might be where I'm going wrong.

AND soloed morchok 25 normal, I know it's already been soloed, but had to do it as well!

Was thinking it would've been harder, especially since my 564 dps gear is fully reforged for blood dps, while morchok 25 stomps hit 2.250.000 physical damage, as in 975.000 pre-blood presence, bone shield, blood shield, IBF, and pre-sunder armor, wiped on first try at 44% after 4 mins (worried about enrage) and got it on 2nd try.

Used another set I have with around 194% mastery, very low avoidance though, including thok normal weapon which I just got tonight (and put straight to use) instead of sha of pride normal weapon which I normally use for max dps.

I was thinking I'd have had to get the mastery 543 trinket from the timeless isle, that I'd have had to reforge all my dps gear to mastery or parry, that I'd have had to pay 7k for the legendary tank cloak and instead...

A mix of dps gear and all mastery items I had + legendary dps cloak + legendary tank metagem were enough, although it was a fun fight.

Was like soloing 10-man back when the first kills happened, just with both having bigger numbers, required some cd timing for the stomps, I tried (on the phases with 4 stomps, so all except first) to take the first one without bone shield, which barely destroyed my blood shield, then bone shield before the 2nd, VB depending on how much my hp dipped, else kept it for the 3rd, I used purgatory and IBF glyph, purgatory because even though I love lichborne, the cause of wipes here is literally full hp BUT not enough blood shield, stomp, dead, there's no place for lichborne, in my kill shot purgatory didn't proc, but this time it can really save you if you dip not much below 1 hp, and as for IBF, it has perfect timing, can be used once per stomp phase, in this case I only used it once when I had 6 stacks (and easily survived the stomp) and could've used it at furious, but no point, my transition to furious was perfect, he did his 4th stomp, then went furious, so BL drums and potion and got it almost dead when he did a furious stomp which didn't even break my blood shield with bone shield and VB up, there weren't any more stomps. End of mop soloing objectives for me. 29 sec to enrage btw.

http://postimg.org/image/y1y34a7h1/
    http://postimg.org/image/ny9d84qqd/
    http://postimg.org/image/jrt46jgid/

Deleted
    Recently picked up Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal-LFR Thoughts about using it for Frost/unholy soloing? Or even Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    So, I am planning to let a WotLK 25-man/Cataclysm boss enrage (by equipping a level 50 weapon or something similar) and see how long I can outlast it. What is the best way to survive for an optimal length of time?
    A tip for making it easier untill enrage would be to have a healer with you that someway leaves a short moment before enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    A tip for making it easier untill enrage would be to have a healer with you that someway leaves a short moment before enrage.
    Sadly yes, it's the best way, we blood dks are really strong in survival if we can hit the enemy, if we can't, we can only use death pact, maybe LB if you can get some rp out, IBF, AMS, bone shield to mitigate a bit the damage and kite a bit if you can.

This is fun stuff though, I remember letting magtheridon enrage at 85, took 22 mins or so, but I could outheal it fully without attacking him pre enrage, then I wiped in dps gear, put tank gear on, easier but still challenging, also did in cata lots of other tbc bosses enraged, like hyjal anetheron, kaz'rogal, azgalor (this last was really hard, 22k quick hits), black temple almost done supremus, done teron, SSC done karathress but only without him being empowered by adds, also done hydross I think, and also leotheras, either enraged or managed to kill the demon form (2,6 mil hp and stacking debuff). Also did void reaver in TK, al'ar, although the hp was low due to adds dying and removing hp to the boss, as for sunwell I was able to do felmyst, was annoying due to the fog, took over 20 mins and enraged 2 times! He enrages, 5 mins and it fades, 5 mins and enrages, lol. Wasn't able to do others in sunwell (in cata ofc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy-Darkspear View Post
    Recently picked up Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal-LFR Thoughts about using it for Frost/unholy soloing? Or even Blood.
    It's more or less worthless. Almost any trinket would be better.

As for the outlasting, I'm pretty sure you can hang on till berserk with minimal amounts of healing without the bosses being anywhere near dead.