Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    <3 grinding bosses with hope of getting the last few warforged pieces (won't drop anyway). Everyone will love WoD even more regarding this!

But really, 12% sounds like something very doable
    12% isn't much during enrage but then again... on a DK especially... survival through enrage does has a maximum duration. It's not like on a druid where better luck with rage/dodge can get you to survive for far longer. Not to mention the lack of good vengeance scaling. You'll pretty much die once your cooldowns run out and nothing besides incredible luck will change that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Especially on a fight like Jin'rokh, where you have to glyph IBF in order to break the stun each time you get thrown into a statue. I survived like... 10 seconds? ~.~

To be honest I tried Jin'rokh just to check the DPS difference between us and Asian realms. I saw a video of an asian DK killing Jin'rokh and Horridon, however this DK had an external buff, as well as some other weird permanent buff (same icon as the one from dungeon finder when you have random people in your group) and I'm not sure if it's an exploit, or a zone-wide buff specific to Asia, or wut? I saw it on multiple asian screenshots from DKs killing Jin'rokh. (it didn't seem particularly hard to replicate the kill over there)

Nevertheless this DK kills it more than a minute before enrage, hence why I was curious. No way we can rivalize with these numbers though, not a chance in hell. On Horridon the DK has like 200k more HP than me even if I use a stamina trinket, and he doesn't even use one. Or maybe I just suck nowadays? idk.
    Jin'rokh is prolly killable if you get lucky though. I went for a tank metagem in order to reach enrage, which could be replaced by some luck on parries. Add a tiny bit of crit RNG and you can probably get a kill.

I'm not seeing how that's possible considering the best geared death knight in Asia has a 589 ilevel. It's not so much more than what you have.

Could you link the video?
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-03-31 at 09:28 PM.

meeeh.... i give up
    Usually, when you say that we can actually expect a kill within the next 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Usually, when you say that we can actually expect a kill within the next 48 hours.
    Yeah, last time that happened was Spirit Kings, wasn't it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a general rule of thumb, the important stats are Strength, Stamina, Hit, Expertise, Mastery, and Haste (and to a lesser extent, Crit). Dodge and Parry are wasted points most of the time, although they're still better than nothing.
    There is no specific ruleset regarding gearing. Pick some level of Mastery that makes you comfortable regarding your survival (this depends on what you plan on soloing), then cap hit and exp, and then get as much Haste as possible. Obviously, getting more haste means you can get less mastery and vice-versa, as Haste is a very potent stat for survivability as well.

Could you please update this? It's kind of inaccurate now ~

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Could you please update this? It's kind of inaccurate now ~
    It's still true for low ilvl and low vengeance.

LK down in 03:00. Went into shock after his cast went off and didn't realize until ~2 seconds later that I had to stop the stopwatch and take the screenshot. I challenge anyone to beat my time tryhard time!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post

LK down in 03:00. Went into shock after his cast went off and didn't realize until ~2 seconds later that I had to stop the stopwatch and take the screenshot. I challenge anyone to beat my time tryhard time!
    Quite impressive
    (previous record was 4 minutes 12 seconds or something like that I think ~ ) How did you do it?

Deleted

With dps like that (even considering buff)... isn't hc ultraxion possible? AFAIK you need about 600k, but only for like 1.5 minutes?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Could that be equaled/beaten by another class possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Quite impressive
    (previous record was 4 minutes 12 seconds or something like that I think ~ ) How did you do it?
    There's no secret; I just DPS him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    With dps like that (even considering buff)... isn't hc ultraxion possible? AFAIK you need about 600k, but only for like 1.5 minutes?
    Doesn't sound very plausible off-hand but I wouldn't write it off as impossible with extremely good RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Could that be equaled/beaten by another class possibly?
    Possibly and I'd welcome the challenge.

On another video of the same guy that is in another instance (MSV), he doesn't have this buff. Maybe ToT specific?
    Nope, it's specific about from where you physically are when you log into the game... http://www.wowdb.com/spells/145632

Increases damage done by 10%, healing done by 10%, health by 10%, and income of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune by 100% while playing in an Internet Game Room.
    If you want to play WoW in Korea you can go to a "Internet Game Room" which is not much different from an internet cafe but you can play games like diablo or wow without having to buy a key or pay the sub fee and you also get the nice added benefit of things like the 10% buff.

Not sure how long they've been out, but have you guys checked out the patch notes?
    The vengeance nerf is... harsh to say the least. I guess only time will tell, but from what I can tell, enrage timers will be incredibly hard to overcome now, unless that mastery scales really well. I'm kind of new to the class, so there's a lot I don't understand yet, but it seems like our DPS just took a huge beating from the nerfstick, but maybe I'm just overlooking something.
    However; good news! Amazing survivability from the changes! The death strike change looks interesting too, it will make DS more consistent.
    What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone999 View Post
    Not sure how long they've been out, but have you guys checked out the patch notes?
    The vengeance nerf is... harsh to say the least. I guess only time will tell, but from what I can tell, enrage timers will be incredibly hard to overcome now, unless that mastery scales really well. I'm kind of new to the class, so there's a lot I don't understand yet, but it seems like our DPS just took a huge beating from the nerfstick, but maybe I'm just overlooking something.
    However; good news! Amazing survivability from the changes! The death strike change looks interesting too, it will make DS more consistent.
    What are your thoughts?
    The Vengeance nerfs really don't change much for soloing as DKs are terrible at surviving the damage taken necessary to benefit from boosted attack power versus Monks and Protection Paladins. Hopefully Blizzard goes with what they were saying a while back in that they want tanks to be doing 50%-75% of a damage dealer's damage which could end up being a damage increase for lots of fights.

What are your thoughts?
    On fights where you get a lot of vengence this might be a nerf but whenever you get lower amounts of vengence this should be a buff.

Deleted
    snip
    Players will deal bonus damage against lower-level creatures from past expansions, and will take reduced damage from them.
    If this applies to bosses, which I'm assuming it will, then it might not make much a difference if vengeance is nerfed.

What are your thoughts?
    they said there boosting tank damage to compensate so aside from high vengeance fights well e doing equal/more damage and with DS working off AP instead of damage taken well be able to survive higher damage fights easier

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, Vengeance may not grant attack power any more, but tank DPS is being buffed to compensate. Keep in mind that currently DPS does 400k-1M+ DPS depending on the boss fight, so we'd be doing around 300k DPS, which is a LOT more than what is currently possible. Also, our mitigation will finally scale with Resolve (aka Vengeance), so yay! We don't need to fear boss enrages and stuff any longer
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2014-04-05 at 04:36 PM.

Solo: Chimaeron 25 man(Heroic) No abuse youtube.com/watch?v=qWSda6_u6x0

who needs a healer we are already dead! we should get a lone survivor perk where if we are the only one alive/ in an instance or raid we should get a passive 2% regen to health when under 35% health just to push more poeple to soloing