Went and attempted Gara'jal this morning and couldn't get it any better than 30% going as blood without pulling other adds for more resolve. When I did pull Stone Guard adds in I could barely get it to 70 before being mowed down. 629 ilvl, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    Went and attempted Gara'jal this morning and couldn't get it any better than 30% going as blood without pulling other adds for more resolve. When I did pull Stone Guard adds in I could barely get it to 70 before being mowed down. 629 ilvl, any tips?
    Wait for better gear. Because of the weird way scaling works with resolve per level power and that it dosn't scale with gear (that added with the nerfs in 6.0 to DK survivability @0% resolve) I doubt anyone would be able to kill Gara'jal at the moment, not without massive RNG when it comes to dps crits and RC procs.

You *could* try messing around a bit with stats, my guess would be extra haste or even, maybe, some versatility. But unfortunatly due to the nerfs of secondary stats you can't stack properly anymore so you're more at the mercy of RNJesus. Monks would roflstomp Gara'jal now though, with the new stagger magic damage talent glyph thing, whatever it is. DKs, not so much. Our magic resist is trash.
    Last edited by JimSolo; 2014-11-21 at 07:02 AM.

Tried Garajal tonight, currently 634 equipped/639 total, used Food, Lesser WoD STR Flask, Kings Drums but couldn't find any STR potions/Healing potions/new BL drums on the AH

Got him to 10-15% a couple times until I just couldn't heal through the magic damage anymore, this one will probably still be a pain in the butt until people start getting raid gear most likely. I'll try again tomorrow when I can pester someone to make those drums and potions!!!

No, it hasn't been nerfed, as of last night at least.

Deleted
    I killed Gara'jal a few days ago in 632 gear. No flasks, no food buff, no potions. He won't really overwhelm you if you use CDs and Rune Tap properly.

Deleted
    Silly question, but what's the best way to deal with Dreamwalker in ICC? Is it still blood spec/bloodworms and fast swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Silly question, but what's the best way to deal with Dreamwalker in ICC? Is it still blood spec/bloodworms and fast swords?
    no its walking past, we cant anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JimSolo View Post
    Wait for better gear. Because of the weird way scaling works with resolve per level power and that it dosn't scale with gear (that added with the nerfs in 6.0 to DK survivability @0% resolve) I doubt anyone would be able to kill Gara'jal at the moment, not without massive RNG when it comes to dps crits and RC procs.

You *could* try messing around a bit with stats, my guess would be extra haste or even, maybe, some versatility. But unfortunatly due to the nerfs of secondary stats you can't stack properly anymore so you're more at the mercy of RNJesus. Monks would roflstomp Gara'jal now though, with the new stagger magic damage talent glyph thing, whatever it is. DKs, not so much. Our magic resist is trash.
    I did Gara'jal fairly easily at 630 ilevel - I got it to 18% or so at 616 ilevel on my previous attempt. Time AMS and other cooldowns properly, and it's not particularly hard. Mastery is the best stat here.

It's not hard to imagine that Gara'jal would be doable now, considering that (according to Mione at least)it was doable without trash tricks at level 90 (and you got very little Resolve then, as the shadow bolts are counted as friendly fire).

I'm actually tempted to get my hands on some TBC shadow resist gear and try it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forikorder View Post
    no its walking past, we cant anymore
    We still can. You just need a lot of bandages :P
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-11-22 at 05:22 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd appreciate some help with Protectors of the Endless 10-normal, please. I have 631 ilevel, and the DPS/healing check itself seems quite easy. I kill Kaolan with 5 or 6 minutes (I think) remaining on the enrage timer, but the remaining two elders heal each other with Cleansing Water. It's easy to move Kaolan out of this spell, but I can't do so with the other two, as they just start casting again after being interrupted.

Glyph Icy touch for dispell.

Deleted
    Yesterday i wanted to do HC Firelands 25man, every boss was pretty easy untill Shannox came. Her doggie Rageface has this supression ability which kills me in the 30seconds timer. I'm a frost 622 dw. I even switched to blood, but that didnt help. Anyone has tips for this fight?

Doesn't IBF break stuns?

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella88 View Post
    Yesterday i wanted to do HC Firelands 25man, every boss was pretty easy untill Shannox came. Her doggie Rageface has this supression ability which kills me in the 30seconds timer. I'm a frost 622 dw. I even switched to blood, but that didnt help. Anyone has tips for this fight?
    Haven't done it on my dk yet, but as a hunter i just have my pet attack it when he facerages. Go unholy maybe ?

Shouldn't dots break it as well or is it just direct attacks ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella88 View Post
    When I solo it, I can just DPS Shannox down without any considerations for anything, even in Unholy. I'm not sure why that's not working for you, but just kill Rageface first if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    Haven't done it on my dk yet, but as a hunter i just have my pet attack it when he facerages. Go unholy maybe ?

Shouldn't dots break it as well or is it just direct attacks ?
    Just direct damage, DoTs don't break.

You could also go Blood and completely avoid the mechanic, as it never targets tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytip View Post
    Can DKs solo elegon/horidon/ji'kun with easily obtained gear yet?
    Can't speak for Horridon but I solo Elegon and Ji'kun with ease on my lvl 90 dk in ilvl 584.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    Just direct damage, DoTs don't break.

You could also go Blood and completely avoid the mechanic, as it never targets tanks.
    Thnx for the help guys, i respecced as tank and it worked

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just did MSV, and soloed Gara'jal after a number of attempts (630 ilevel) - the hardest boss in there by far. It was a test of cooldown management - I'm really, really impressed that Mione could do this at 90!

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    I just did MSV, and soloed Gara'jal after a number of attempts (630 ilevel) - the hardest boss in there by far. It was a test of cooldown management - I'm really, really impressed that Mione could do this at 90!
    Was Garajal soloed at 90? I didn't think he was. (Not to knock Mione's solo talent, which is beyond legendary)

Deleted
    He could be soloed with pulling Stone Guard and Feng's trashs