Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Transferring from Alliance to Horde. Blood elf or Orc?

Hey guys, well im going to transfer my Worgen Alliance Warlock to another Horde realm. Ive always LOVED Male Blood ELves (yeah yeah i know the stigma attached, i dont care). I love their animations, their looks, their voices everything. But after looking at the Orc racials im wondering if anyone can tell me if the dps difference is too much?

I'm a Demonology Warlock and the Blood Fury lining up perfectly with Dark Soul + Command...Is the dps increase going to be so much that i should roll Orc instead of Belf? I dont hate Orcs, but i dont love them either, wheras i do love Belves. I need advice. Its not worth me going Belf if the DPS increase from going orc would be noticable.

if u care for Deeps Orc

If u like the belf gayness(I said it!) belf

If you PVP Undead

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs have +5% pet damage and blood fury which will give you a small dps increase over blood elf, but if you ain't min maxing and hardcore raiding, it doesn't really matter what race you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    If you PVP Undead
    I honestly think orc is better for PvP atm, the stun reduction is so good due the amount of stuns nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Orcs have +5% pet damage
    It's 2% after 5.0.4
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Orcs have +5% pet damage and blood fury which will give you a small dps increase over blood elf, but if you ain't min maxing and hardcore raiding, it doesn't really matter what race you play.

I honestly think orc is better for PvP atm, the stun reduction is so good due the amount of stuns nowadays.
    probably a toss, but the fear removal and the dot/heal thingy its nice aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Felfire1 View Post
    Hey guys, well im going to transfer my Worgen Alliance Warlock to another Horde realm. Ive always LOVED Male Blood ELves (yeah yeah i know the stigma attached, i dont care). I love their animations, their looks, their voices everything. But after looking at the Orc racials im wondering if anyone can tell me if the dps difference is too much?

I'm a Demonology Warlock and the Blood Fury lining up perfectly with Dark Soul + Command...Is the dps increase going to be so much that i should roll Orc instead of Belf? I dont hate Orcs, but i dont love them either, wheras i do love Belves. I need advice. Its not worth me going Belf if the DPS increase from going orc would be noticable.
    You won't "notice" the increase but it's there, to put it that way.

The increase is less than 2% to switch to an Orc, but the other way to think of it is that you can wipe at a lot less than 2%.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-21 at 08:20 PM. Reason: ran the sim

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Since you are demonology, the 2% damage increase to your minions is a big deal. For petless specs (affliciton, destro) 2% is not really worth it.
    Also the Orc racial, Blood Fury is on a 2 min cd, which will line up nicely again in 5.2 (once we lose the T-14 4-pc bonus)
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    if u care for Deeps Orc

If u like the belf gayness(I said it!) belf

If you PVP Undead
    I will destroy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I will destroy you.
    ^has shown that in arenas blood elf silence can be useful

Personally i'd still go orc though, for pve/pvp

Orc is the best race for almost all DPS classes. The AP/SP CD is so valuable, especially for Warlocks with Dark Soul(before 4pc T14) since it lines up perfectly. And Stacking CDs = Higher DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Join the dark side, forsaken is the best choice!

Unless you are in a very good guild, and need every extra DPS increase possible I would say pick whatever race you think suits you the most though.

if you want to be a BE do it. don't let racials influence your choice. be what you love.

forsaken are the best!

touch of the grave gives you some dps buff while reducing the burden on the healers! WotF is also pretty useful.

also: they look awesome.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Thank you for the replies. Based on how small a dps increase itd be, im going to roll a Blood Elf. I love their animations, how arrogent they are, their lore. Blood Elves suit warlocks soooo well. just look at Glyph of verdan Spheres

PvE it's pretty clear.

PvP in 5.2:

1) Undead
    2) Orc (if you play with a shaman and/or are ALWAYS getting trained, might go Orc)
    3) Belf

Thank you for the replies. Based on how small a dps increase itd be, im going to roll a Blood Elf. I love their animations, how arrogent they are, their lore. Blood Elves suit warlocks soooo well. just look at Glyph of verdan Spheres
    Most races have arrogance in them. But Blood Elves feel more mage than lock. Especially since Kael was a mage. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking giving locks VS. But Forsaken are the ultimate race for locks. Followed by Orcs for lore.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2013-01-22 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Most races have arrogance in them. But Blood Elves feel more mage than lock. Especially since Kael was a mage. I don't know what Blizzard was thinking giving locks VS. But Forsaken are the ultimate race for locks. Followed by Orcs for lore.
    High elves were more mage, Blood elves are high elves + green eyes... so warlock works.

But you're right VS is definitely more mage than warlock, but they wanted to give locks flavor stuff I guess.

Affliction = Troll.

Demonology = Orc.

Destruction = Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    Affliction = Troll.

Demonology = Orc.

Destruction = Orc.
    Who else would be masters of disease but Undead?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Well if you care about looks, go BE. After years of looking like a zombie, I got bored of being Forsaken, and race changed to a blood elf.