Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've soloed every BC/Vanilla raid and pretty much every WotLK raid as a WW monk. With all the cooldowns and self-heals, it's ridiculously easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Whats the most faceroll class when it comes to soloing? Id imagine some classes need to use all of their tricks and abilities and then rely on some luck where another class goes into the same encounter and beats it with 3 buttons.
    Blood DK. Death Strike is your main dmg ability, it heals you for a decent amount(!!), it puts a shield on you that absorbs future physical damage(!!!), and it turns all your runes into Blood Runes that can be used for anything. Spam Rune Strike(macroed with Blood Tap) to use runic power and generate free runes and you don't even really to refresh diseases that much if you use free Blood Boil on procs(assuming you took Roiling Blood talent which you really should).

So that's 3 main buttons, though you should cast Outbreak at the start of the fight and maybe again if you get bad luck with Blood Boil procs. Use defensive cooldowns if you're actually soloing something that hits harder than your Death Strike is healing you for.

Deleted
    There is a difference between the faceroll solo scale and the cutting edge hardly possible kind of solo scale.

Everyone can solo MC and TBC but when it comes to Wotlk and Cata things get more sophisticated, and some classes don't cut i anymore to do the "end game" soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    There is a difference between the faceroll solo scale and the cutting edge hardly possible kind of solo scale.

Everyone can solo MC and TBC but when it comes to Wotlk and Cata things get more sophisticated, and some classes don't cut i anymore to do the "end game" soloing.

Yea but a DK is going to have an easier time than say a Lock or Monk even if all 3 can solo the same content. My DK is only 85 and in MoP gear pretty much facerolls any Wrath 10 man content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Monk
    Warrior
    Shaman
    Rogue
    Paladin
    Mage
    Priest
    Howay the lads!

Barring a few specific encounters, I'll pick my Paladin (as Ret) over my Lock any day.

Some will use Sacred Shield, I actually prefer Selfless Healer for soloing. Plus, Ret burst is awesome. Hell, Ret, Warriors, and Monks are the only three classes with 100% Damage output on the the Melee Emperor of the Twin Emperors fight (while he is immune to Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow damage, he is NOT immune to Holy). Everyone else that does MOSTLY physical damage, has some amount of non-physical in their rotation (Frost/Unholy DKs, Enhance Shamans, Rogues w/ Poisons, Hunters w/ Stings/Shots/Traps). The rest just aim 100% at the caster one, being casters themselves.

Not sure exactly how great Hunters are, I know DKS are the king of kings in this regard, but I will safely place Paladins at 2nd-3rd, without hesitation. Ret is definitely the better choice over Prot nowadays though. Instant-Flash of Light + Word of Glory when needed (I also run with Divine Purpose, so I can proc extra freebies), makes for ideal soloing. And I can always turn on Seal of Insight, if I am struggling more.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Yea but a DK is going to have an easier time than say a Lock or Monk even if all 3 can solo the same content. My DK is only 85 and in MoP gear pretty much facerolls any Wrath 10 man content.
    Is that the ilevel 440+ level 85 stuff, making his ratings be leagues above what he could actually obtain at level 85 pre-expansion? Cause that would be called twinking, which is a bit of a different ball game.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-01-22 at 05:24 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Why is everyone rating Priests that low?
    A Shadowpriest hast Worldfirt Alysrazor HC

It really, really depends on the fight. But basically:

Blood DK

Everyone else.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post

Sorry, I just find the phrase "end game soloing" hilarious :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had no drama in TK until Kael'Thas on my Shaman, all 4 advisors at once just had me locked down until I died.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but because of vengeance, all tanks are top. I think it goes:

DKs
    Guardians/Prot Pallies
    BrM/Prot Wars

And then everyone else who doesn't have massive dmg/self heals/armor/dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but because of vengeance, all tanks are top. I think it goes:

DKs
    Guardians/Prot Pallies
    BrM/Prot Wars

And then everyone else who doesn't have massive dmg/self heals/armor/dodge.
    I seriously doubt Prot Pally/Warriors and Bears are better than Hunters and Locks. Their DPS is laughable even with Vengeance. Also dont you have to actually get hit to build vengence? When I solo old raids from Wrath and TBC all I see is Parry and Dodge messages.

I think Vengeance still stacks even with parries and misses etc, but remember it scales from the size of the hit you would've taken. So it probably wouldn't get that high on old content (although I'm not 100% sure on this because they keep changing the way that stupid mechanic works).

But you're ignoring the massive advantage tank classes have during soloing, which is survivability not DPS. In reality it all depends on the fight. DPS is only required to meet enrage timers (or maybe to deal with adds in some fights but this is less of a concern). The real question is, do you have enough survivability to last until you can get the kill? And manage any weird mechanics.

Even without Vengeance tank DPS is not "laughable", just low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    Why is everyone rating Priests that low?
    A Shadowpriest hast Worldfirt Alysrazor HC
    Alysrazor is a total cheese fight that any class can do. A shadow priest just happened to be the first person to figure out how.

That said, Spriests aren't horrible at solo'ing, but not as good as 4-5 other classes.

DK
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Monk/Paladin/warrior
    Rogue
    Shaman/mage/priest

Deleted
    All i can say is that on my hunter im having no problem soloing anything old, havent tried cata raids cause i cba tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Barring a few specific encounters, I'll pick my Paladin (as Ret) over my Lock any day.
    Ret over Lock? Yeah, I don't think so. Forget raid bosses, I'd like to see your Ret kill a world elite quicker and easier than a similarly geared Demo Lock. You can spend your Holy Power healing yourself while I spend my demonic fury doing DPS while not even getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Seriously doubt this unless your Ret is ilvl 500+ and your lock is level 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd switch monks and hunters around tbh, or maybe right below hunters and "massive gap" start at 5th
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i'd switch monks and hunters around tbh, or maybe right below hunters and "massive gap" start at 5th

What makes monks so good all of a sudden? Hunters were soloing raid content way before monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a second tought, i don't think it's a subjective matter. Everyone can solo level 60-70-80 content now with half million HP as we are, given they're worth a damn at playing their class.
    Hunters and DKs ARE first; if you think i'm wrong, please link some raid boss world first solo videos done by another class. I mean, world first on a boss no other classes have soloed yet.
    Not trying to taunt anyone or such, i'm really interested in seeing if there's truth in saying paladins are better than hunters.