Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,913
    On a second tought, i don't think it's a subjective matter. Everyone can solo level 60-70-80 content now with half million HP as we are, given they're worth a damn at playing their class.
    Hunters and DKs ARE first; if you think i'm wrong, please link some raid boss world first solo videos done by another class. I mean, world first on a boss no other classes have soloed yet.
    Not trying to taunt anyone or such, i'm really interested in seeing if there's truth in saying paladins are better than hunters.

  2. #62
    My list for classes that are great for soloing would be

    1. Blood DK - The reigning champion for soloing shit
    2. BM Hunter - Best pet tanking class in the game imo
    3. Feral/Guardian Druid
    4. Ret/Prot Paladin
    5. Demo Warlock
    6. Monk
    7. Warrior
    8. Rogue
    9. Shadow priest
    10. Enh Shaman
    11. Mage

    This is my personal opinion on classes ive found the easiest to solo shit

  3. #63
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Seriously rating Rogues like this? I was expecting one person at max to do it but geez seems like everyone(not just in this thread) underestimates the power of Rogues in old raids...
    You do realize a Rogue could probably do better than a Warlock,Hunter or a Warrior if played right with correct timing and usage of cooldowns? Now ofcourse a Rogue will not be able to solo stuff like heroic Lich King which DK and Hunter can but they will do pretty damn good! Personally, as a rogue, I have solo'd MOST of the Old Content and I have it on farm every single week for gold,transmog,pets and mounts. Don't believe me? Okay, your problem, go rerroll a rogue and see for yourself.

    A good rogue will never be able to solo as well as an equally skilled hunter. Period. Warriors and locks have better cooldowns as well. For example before the patch if you messed up on Reliquary of Soul in BT, you would have to alt F4 as a warrior because the boss would not kill you through 2nd wind. I had it happen.

    Level 90 rogues can solo a lot of stuff because they are 90 and all classes can solo a lot of old world content at 90, but overall they are pretty low on capability end when it comes to soloing.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-01-22 at 03:18 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Paladins are easily third. Warriors are also definitely better than Warlocks. Brewmaster Monks are also pretty darn good.

    Rogues are the worst, definitely.

    This is coming from someone that's soloed T1 through T10 (during cataclysm mind you) on DK/Hunter/Paladin and a few bosses in T11/12 as well during this expansion.

    IMO:

    1. DK/Hunter (depending on the encounter Hunter can be better, just depends what the mechanics are and how they're cheesed)
    2. Paladin
    3. Warrior
    4. BrM Monk
    5. Shadow Priests and Warlocks
    6. Druid/Mage/Shaman
    7. Rogues
    Warlocks have soloed way more than warriors or paladins. Ragnaros (firelands version), deathwing, all of BoT, of BWD except Chim and Nef, Al'akir, etc.

  5. #65
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Even Razorgore and Twin Emps? And Reliquary of Souls? I'm talking about the hardest fights to solo based on "anti-solo" mechanics, not just "tank/spank" fights that you outlevel.
    It has been said many times in this thread, they nerfed RoS and it is easy to solo now.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Warlocks have soloed way more than warriors or paladins. Ragnaros (firelands version), deathwing, all of BoT, of BWD except Chim and Nef, Al'akir, etc.
    Some vids
    Ragnaros: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=E2a0BnG_XhE
    Deathwing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JcBXiSli9Ew

    Here is also a channel with a few other bosses: http://www.youtube.com/user/Spygnesy...ow=grid&view=0

    Warlocks are much better at soloing than people give them credit for.

  7. #67
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    I spend most of my time solo'ing old content. It's still good money in drops in some cases; it's good for transmogging and it gives me something to do that doesn't involve having to deal with other players...

    While your original list is okay, I've found the Brewmaster/Windwalker combo to be the safest bet since MoP dropped. With a little better dps in the Brewmaster spec, I'd probably put it in the Top 3.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Some vids
    Ragnaros: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=E2a0BnG_XhE
    Deathwing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JcBXiSli9Ew

    Here is also a channel with a few other bosses: http://www.youtube.com/user/Spygnesy...ow=grid&view=0

    Warlocks are much better at soloing than people give them credit for.
    Warriors and Paladins have done all those same fights.

    I already explained my reasoning. When it comes down to making mistakes, a Warlock gets shit on if it has to take damage compared to the classes I listed above it. Locks are unable to recover from error as easily as the classes I listed above them.

    I'm in no way saying they're bad at solo'ing. Frankly every class except Mage/Shaman/Rogue/Druid is super strong at solo'ing. The "massive gap" starts before those four.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Warriors and Paladins have done all those same fights.

    I already explained my reasoning. When it comes down to making mistakes, a Warlock gets shit on if it has to take damage compared to the classes I listed above it. Locks are unable to recover from error as easily as the classes I listed above them.

    I'm in no way saying they're bad at solo'ing. Frankly every class except Mage/Shaman/Rogue/Druid is super strong at solo'ing. The "massive gap" starts before those four.
    First of all, this thread is about class soloability, meaning how strong of a solo class they are, not how difficult it is for them to solo. Second, could you link some proof of warriors or paladins soloing these fights? Because I have never seen videos of this.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    First of all, this thread is about class soloability, meaning how strong of a solo class they are, not how difficult it is for them to solo. Second, could you link some proof of warriors or paladins soloing these fights? Because I have never seen videos of this.
    Ability to recover is absolutely a factor when determining a classes soloability...It's just stupid to think that doesn't matter. There's a reason there is a lot of high damage fights that Paladins and Warriors have managed that Warlocks haven't, and the reason isn't just Vengeance.

    As for the vids, search around. I'm lazy.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Ability to recover is absolutely a factor when determining a classes soloability...It's just stupid to think that doesn't matter. There's a reason there is a lot of high damage fights that Paladins and Warriors have managed that Warlocks haven't, and the reason isn't just Vengeance.

    As for the vids, search around. I'm lazy.
    Your argument is so vague and lacks any support to back it up. Can you give any examples of fights that paladins and/or warriors have done that a warlock can not? There is a solo thread on the Paladin forum and all of the solos are WotLK fights, none of cata raids. I have searched youtube and have not found one ragnaros or deathwing solo vid with a paladin or warrior in it even though you are so sure that it has been done by them.

    Also, like I stated before, soloability refers to a classes ability to solo content. This would be measured in how much it can solo. A warlock can and has soloed end raid bosses of cata and I have provided proof of this. Can or has a Paladin or Warrior solo this content? From my research, that would be a no, unless you can prove me otherwise.

  12. #72
    I'm surprised paladins are so low on everyone's list I was soloing almost all of the vanilla raids in Wrath and it only got better from there. Oh well =3 I'll have to max out a hunter or DK sometime so I can farm mounts.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Ability to recover is absolutely a factor when determining a classes soloability...It's just stupid to think that doesn't matter. There's a reason there is a lot of high damage fights that Paladins and Warriors have managed that Warlocks haven't, and the reason isn't just Vengeance.

    As for the vids, search around. I'm lazy.
    Actually, I stand corrected.......technically. Level 80 and 85 paladins have soloed many cata bosses like Madness and MoP bosses such as Stone Guards and Elegon, but this was due to a bug where vengence did not cap, and with higher AP, it increased the absorption from Sacred Shield, therefore making the paladin take 0 damage and do retarded amounts of damage. For obvious reasons, this should not be considered actual soloability because it was an unintended bug and was also fixed and they are unable to do this anymore.

  14. #74
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Actually, I stand corrected.......technically. Level 80 and 85 paladins have soloed many cata bosses like Madness and MoP bosses such as Stone Guards and Elegon, but this was due to a bug where vengence did not cap, and with higher AP, it increased the absorption from Sacred Shield, therefore making the paladin take 0 damage and do retarded amounts of damage. For obvious reasons, this should not be considered actual soloability because it was an unintended bug and was also fixed and they are unable to do this anymore.
    The bugs that allowed level 80s to solo cata and mop raids really shouldn't be used as evidence.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    The bugs that allowed level 80s to solo cata and mop raids really shouldn't be used as evidence.
    Huh? In the post you just quoted I said this shouldn't be considered an actual solo. My point was that he was technically correct in that it had been done, but only because it was a bug, making his argument invalid.

  16. #76
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Your argument is so vague and lacks any support to back it up. Can you give any examples of fights that paladins and/or warriors have done that a warlock can not? There is a solo thread on the Paladin forum and all of the solos are WotLK fights, none of cata raids. I have searched youtube and have not found one ragnaros or deathwing solo vid with a paladin or warrior in it even though you are so sure that it has been done by them.

    Also, like I stated before, soloability refers to a classes ability to solo content. This would be measured in how much it can solo. A warlock can and has soloed end raid bosses of cata and I have provided proof of this. Can or has a Paladin or Warrior solo this content? From my research, that would be a no, unless you can prove me otherwise.
    Basically this is what I alluded to earlier; I'm assuming "best soloing class" means most soloing potential, not necessarily how easy it is to actually solo the content. Otherwise, the question isn't easily answered - classes become "good solo classes" when you are good at playing them and "bad solo classes" if you are bad at them.

    I'd sooner do Onyxia on my paladin as Holy spec than Prot spec just so I don't fall asleep during air phase... does that make Holy a better soloing spec?\ Also I'd assume this is Level 90 soloing, not twinking-based soloing - which is a whole different matter.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 05:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Huh? In the post you just quoted I said this shouldn't be considered an actual solo. My point was that he was technically correct in that it had been done, but only because it was a bug, making his argument invalid.
    You can say it's a solo, but I don't think it's fair to compare twinking with Level 90 "extreme soloing" - I'd say they are two different "styles" of play so to speak, and you would measure "success" differently.

  17. #77
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Huh? In the post you just quoted I said this shouldn't be considered an actual solo. My point was that he was technically correct in that it had been done, but only because it was a bug, making his argument invalid.
    I wasn't saying you were using it as evidence. You started "I stand corrected", I was just saying bugged level 80 soloing isn't evidence.

  18. #78
    Dreadlord Noah37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, Georgia
    Posts
    776
    It seems to have already been stated, however I was just going to say Paladins, Warriors, and Monk are all really good. DK are easily way out in front, I know Hunters can kite like crazy and have pets to tank and all, however some DK can solo current content... On my DK I have soloed everything through half of ICC in Frost Specc/DPS Gear.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Ability to recover is absolutely a factor when determining a classes soloability...It's just stupid to think that doesn't matter. There's a reason there is a lot of high damage fights that Paladins and Warriors have managed that Warlocks haven't, and the reason isn't just Vengeance.

    As for the vids, search around. I'm lazy.
    I don't play a Warrior, so I'm curious how a Warrior had an easier time recovering from a mistake. Warlocks not only have a very strong tanking pet so they are at less risk to begin with, the pet has insane aggro, is instantly respawnable should he die, and the Warlock has a instant aggro drop to the pet.

    Not to mention Warlocks get numerous defensive cooldowns including an 8-second damage bubble. I can see Prot Pallies with bubble and LoH being able to recover from unexpected burst damage, but not sure how Warriors are so much better than Warlocks.

  20. #80
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    It's just not as cut and dry (heh heh... cut... Rogues cut...)
    I'm just not cut out for it (heh heh... cut out for it... heh... *sigh*).
    You know what else be good for cutting?
    WHALES.
    *Passes the joint*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •