Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Rank the classes on old raid soloability

    Soloing raids has always been something cool to do and has been popularized by many youtube videos showing people soloing stuff like LK, OS 3D, and Heroic DS. Now since now you dont need to form a fake raid with anyone in order to solo them and with the addition of battle pets that drop from raids I figure a lot more people are trying to solo them. I know DKs are the best but Im keeping mine at 85 because its easier for him to farm JPs that way so I can buy BoA gear. But how would people power rank the classes in terms of soloing old raids?

    1. DK
    2. Hunters
    3. Warlocks

    MASSIVE GAP

    4. Rogues
    5. Monks :I figure these 4-6 could be in either spot depending on the fight.
    6. Ferals
    7. Warriors: not very sure on this one never played a warrior but I know they have a lot of self healing...or used to before talent tree changes
    8. Paladins: prot just has sissy DPS compared to other tanks like DKs and Monks. Dont know if ret is any good. Is WoG still decent heals if not holy?
    9. Shaman:
    10. Mages: yes we all know a level 80 fire mage with like 100% crit cause of MoP gear is soloing everything but I dont think thats the case at 90
    11. Priests:

  2. #2
    High Overlord Simple057's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    azeroth
    Posts
    131
    I would rate mages a little higher I solo ony maly it and all of voa weekly in my frost mage with ice barrier and invocation there pretty strong
    Nixs

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    I would rate mages a little higher I solo ony maly it and all of voa weekly in my frost mage with ice barrier and invocation there pretty strong
    I didnt really know where to stick them having never played one. Only thing I remember about mage soloing was watching videos during TBC of some soloing trash in BT for a lot of gold. But I just think the others can do them better. I still dont think they would be top 6.

  4. #4
    Paladins are easily third. Warriors are also definitely better than Warlocks. Brewmaster Monks are also pretty darn good.

    Rogues are the worst, definitely.

    This is coming from someone that's soloed T1 through T10 (during cataclysm mind you) on DK/Hunter/Paladin and a few bosses in T11/12 as well during this expansion.

    IMO:

    1. DK/Hunter (depending on the encounter Hunter can be better, just depends what the mechanics are and how they're cheesed)
    2. Paladin
    3. Warrior
    4. BrM Monk
    5. Shadow Priests and Warlocks
    6. Druid/Mage/Shaman
    7. Rogues

  5. #5
    Dreadlord the0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zangarmarsh
    Posts
    822
    Death Knight (Blood) - The solo Kings/Queens
    Hunters (BM/SUR/MM) - The Kiting Prince/Princess
    Monk (BRM/WW) - Outstanding seal heals and have ton tier avoidance.
    Warlocks (AF/DM/DES) - GO GO Voidwalker.

    Never played but

    Paladins and Shamans could solo quite a bit of stuff, they have some decent self heals and CDs.

    "Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"


  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,267
    BrM monks are epic for soloing, I've cleared all the old world raids without problem on my Monk, as well most of TBC and some of Wrath.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  7. #7
    I cna solo a good amount on my Shadow priest. Nearly all of ICC at least (damn blood queen).

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,259
    I'd put hunters and DKs both at first place.
    Death knights have the first LK 25heroic kill by a matter of hours, but hunters were soloing Algalon back in Cataclysm.
    Raegwyn soloed Sartharion in WotLK, but hunters were the first to kill Atramedes in Cataclysm. The list goes on but you get me point.

    1st: DKs-hunters

    Massive gap

    2nd: warlocks, they got pretty good at it
    3rd: warriors, as long as they can hold their ground and get use of Second Wind

    Ubergap

    4th: everyone else. But this is just because i've never seen other classes do anything worthy of notice.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,646
    When it comes to extreme soloing I haven't had a lot of experience, but I'd say DK is definitely top, with tank classes, hunters, and warlocks next. Mostly because they have different strengths - tank classes aren't affected by "non-tank" mechanics, while hunters are probably stronger than warlocks, but both have amazing pet healing capabilities.

    Definitely tank and pet classes are dominating, both in terms of power and efficiency (i.e. how easy it is to set up a good solo kill).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Paladins are easily third. Warriors are also definitely better than Warlocks. Brewmaster Monks are also pretty darn good.

    Rogues are the worst, definitely.

    This is coming from someone that's soloed T1 through T10 (during cataclysm mind you) on DK/Hunter/Paladin and a few bosses in T11/12 as well during this expansion.

    IMO:

    1. DK/Hunter (depending on the encounter Hunter can be better, just depends what the mechanics are and how they're cheesed)
    2. Paladin
    3. Warrior
    4. BrM Monk
    5. Shadow Priests and Warlocks
    6. Druid/Mage/Shaman
    7. Rogues
    Warlocks are 3rd in place imo, but else your list is pretty accurate. Affliction pet healing is insane.

    Edit: 1000 WHOOP WHOOP
    Last edited by Feio; 2013-01-21 at 09:26 PM.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord TylerN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,594
    Well all I know from personal experience is that warlocks are doing great, and with some clever tactics (like using gateways to drop aggro, re-summoning new pets etc) you can do encounters others struggle with.
    Guardian and feral druid are pretty close to each other, balance isn't bad either, just a bit more "complicated".

    Some specs are better than others for various encounters obviously.

  12. #12
    This varies a lot between bosses an instances, but I would say in general: (assuming any spec is available for the class)

    Death Knight
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Monk
    Paladin
    Druid
    Warrior
    Rogue
    Mage
    Shaman
    Priest


    Of course this does depend on a lot factors since all classes have their ups and downs, and I would say there is no universally right answer here...
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk

  13. #13
    ive solo almost everything on my arcane mage, including all cata heroics up til ds dungeons, most i had done when i was 85

  14. #14
    I solo 10 man Alysrazor on my rogue for the mount, rogues may get better as gear scales more
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

  15. #15
    I solo a fair bit of stuff on my disc priest. Shadow might be better but I'm pretty much incompetent at spriest since MoP. Disc is good for 20-25k DPS self-buffed without a flask, and the atonement healing is terrific. I certainly wouldn't put priests at the bottom of the list.

    Mindbender in particular is hugely useful.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Soloing raids has always been something cool to do and has been popularized by many youtube videos showing people soloing stuff like LK, OS 3D, and Heroic DS. Now since now you dont need to form a fake raid with anyone in order to solo them and with the addition of battle pets that drop from raids I figure a lot more people are trying to solo them. I know DKs are the best but Im keeping mine at 85 because its easier for him to farm JPs that way so I can buy BoA gear. But how would people power rank the classes in terms of soloing old raids?

    1. DK
    2. Hunters
    3. Warlocks

    MASSIVE GAP

    4. Rogues
    5. Monks :I figure these 4-6 could be in either spot depending on the fight.
    6. Ferals
    7. Warriors: not very sure on this one never played a warrior but I know they have a lot of self healing...or used to before talent tree changes
    8. Paladins: prot just has sissy DPS compared to other tanks like DKs and Monks. Dont know if ret is any good. Is WoG still decent heals if not holy?
    9. Shaman:
    10. Mages: yes we all know a level 80 fire mage with like 100% crit cause of MoP gear is soloing everything but I dont think thats the case at 90
    11. Priests:
    To be honest, monks are way before rogues chi wave and all that as either tank or WW is pretty strong for soloing things so that should be 4th atleast

  17. #17
    I find soloing on my monk at least 5x easier than my lock.

    AT least.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    2,924
    Have solo'd some ICC on my Mage (as well as 2 manned H 25m LK from 50% and downwards which is meh) as well as Cata heroics and some MoP regulars pre-fire nerf (ToJS and SB). Solo'd Reliquary of Souls pre-nerf on old raids as well. Mages can solo extremely well with evocation and large damage.

    EDIT: I do have a Blood DK and they are by far the top of soloing. Warlocks also are very good with buffed tank voidwalker.

  19. #19
    Epic! Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    1,534
    I'm always soloing stuff as retri it's awesome if you don't like prot dps while soloing go ret it's one of the best soloing old content specs.

  20. #20
    Epic! Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Battling the Iron Horde with Yrel at Karabor.
    Posts
    1,545
    Seriously rating Rogues like this? I was expecting one person at max to do it but geez seems like everyone(not just in this thread) underestimates the power of Rogues in old raids...
    You do realize a Rogue could probably do better than a Warlock,Hunter or a Warrior if played right with correct timing and usage of cooldowns? Now ofcourse a Rogue will not be able to solo stuff like heroic Lich King which DK and Hunter can but they will do pretty damn good! Personally, as a rogue, I have solo'd MOST of the Old Content and I have it on farm every single week for gold,transmog,pets and mounts. Don't believe me? Okay, your problem, go rerroll a rogue and see for yourself.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •