Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shamans and priest should rank higher, but that's just my opinion. Most of my gold input from bc through WotLK came from soloing old raids on my ele shammy and shadow priest, hell even disc could do it now (would take longer, but as long as it's fun, I wouldn't mind).

Monks are right up there with Death knights. I solo level 60-80 content with ease as a windwalker; I haven't tried any level 85 stuff yet but I'm sure I'd be able to do it with ease. Brewmaster wouldn't even flinch tbh. lol

Keep in mind that DKs Hunters and Warlocks are the only classes I've seen to have done bosses in Dragon Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    Monks are right up there with Death knights. I solo level 60-80 content with ease as a windwalker; I haven't tried any level 85 stuff yet but I'm sure I'd be able to do it with ease. Brewmaster wouldn't even flinch tbh. lol
    Every class can solo 60-80 stuff so how does that mean Monks are just as good as DKs and Hunters? I mean I can log onto my disc priest and do the same does that mean hes as good as a DK, Hunter, or Lock?

Speaking as a Guardian tank, there isn't much I can't handle. With gear, buffs, and a flask, I instantly push over 550K HP and can almost self heal like a bubbled pally :P (almost).

Healing tanks are going to do well. So are pet classes. I would imagine since it is all based on personal opinion, everyone who posts would likely have a different ranking for one reason or another. I can say that soloing ICC can be slow at times in a bear form, and beating certain timers does take some finesse... but it is not impossible

Can all classes solo the meta mounts from both Wrath and Cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Can all classes solo the meta mounts from both Wrath and Cata?
    You cannot solo Share the Love regardless of level, not sure about the others.

Deleted
    guardian bears are very good at soloing nearly all old stuff now. there are always certain bosses (mechanic/ability wise) that certain classes wont have a chance in soloing but thats how it goes i guess.

ITT: People underestimate SPs and Enhancement

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play as a subt rogue mostly, and I would loooove to see sdance not require positioning on ambush for soloing old content. DKs are by far the easiest to solo with, particularly blood. Warriors with second wind are pretty easy to solo with now, as are warlocks with DA.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    I play as a subt rogue mostly, and I would loooove to see sdance not require positioning on ambush for soloing old content. DKs are by far the easiest to solo with, particularly blood. Warriors with second wind are pretty easy to solo with now, as are warlocks with DA.
    Actually DA is the worst for warlock soloing. Very low damage and close to no self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    ITT: People underestimate SPs and Enhancement
    Just respeced my shaman to enhance. Feels like too much going on. I think I got carpal tunnel just doing 1 heroic. Also why SPriest? My main is a priest and as shadow didnt realize I could solo anything. The only thing we can do in shadow form is PW:S and renew and I dont think that will keep you alive on some stuff. Also our only silence/interrupt on a 45 second CD? Yea thats not gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Actually DA is the worst for warlock soloing. Very low damage and close to no self healing.
    The damage is lower in DA, but I don't think you lose any healing that you would have been able to do in caster mode. You get an added plus of the absorb shield. And, of course, the big reason to be in DA is the 12 second interrupt.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-01-23 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    The damage is lower in DA, but I don't think you lose any healing that you would have been able to do in caster mode. You get an added plus of the absorb shield. And, of course, the big reason to be in DA is the 12 second interrupt.
    I meant demo in general has low self healing. Affliction has the highest pet healing with Soulburn + Health Funnel. Destro has the highest self healing with ember tab so it is good with a pet when using Soul Link. Demo on the other hand has no abilities unique to its spec that heals, and the shield gained in DA does not come close to the healing from the other specs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I meant demo in general has low self healing. Affliction has the highest pet healing with Soulburn + Health Funnel. Destro has the highest self healing with ember tab so it is good with a pet when using Soul Link. Demo on the other hand has no abilities unique to its spec that heals, and the shield gained in DA does not come close to the healing from the other specs.
    DA + pull everything in sight + immolation + harvest life spam + pet AoE = fun fun fun. For soloing bosses, the pet tanks when you go demon form or another spec or really whatever you want. And ember tap is only good if you have enough embers. Embers take a long time to get and I'd rather use them on CB than ember tap.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    DA + pull everything in sight + immolation + harvest life spam + pet AoE = fun fun fun. For soloing bosses, the pet tanks when you go demon form or another spec or really whatever you want. And ember tap is only good if you have enough embers. Embers take a long time to get and I'd rather use them on CB than ember tap.
    O.o try that on a cata boss and you'll die in 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I solo 10 man Alysrazor on my rogue for the mount, rogues may get better as gear scales more
    This and I can solo everything in ICC but dreamwalker. Might try 25 man. Oh and I can solo a little of 25 man ulduar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Keep in mind that DKs Hunters and Warlocks are the only classes I've seen to have done bosses in Dragon Soul.
    Ain't my fault the first boss in there decides he should have a sunder debuff. Exploiting class weaknesses ftl (though I've got a 200k wipe on him, so he's good to go down very soon. If any 16/16H bears actually did the kind of stuff 16/16H DKs do, it'd be much closer).

I also find it weird that we'd even care about class limits for this. How many people seriously push themselves and try the cata raid bosses that actually pose a challenge? Bears can stealth through pretty much all trash, and kill most any pre-cata raid boss within a minute without any risk of death. For what most people do, that counts as an excellent spec .

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Ain't my fault the first boss in there decides he should have a sunder debuff. Exploiting class weaknesses ftl (though I've got a 200k wipe on him, so he's good to go down very soon. If any 16/16H bears actually did the kind of stuff 16/16H DKs do, it'd be much closer).

I also find it weird that we'd even care about class limits for this. How many people seriously push themselves and try the cata raid bosses that actually pose a challenge? Bears can stealth through pretty much all trash, and kill most any pre-cata raid boss within a minute without any risk of death. For what most people do, that counts as an excellent spec .
    You do know morchok was soloed by a DK during cata right?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Seriously rating Rogues like this? I was expecting one person at max to do it but geez seems like everyone(not just in this thread) underestimates the power of Rogues in old raids...
    You do realize a Rogue could probably do better than a Warlock,Hunter or a Warrior if played right with correct timing and usage of cooldowns? Now ofcourse a Rogue will not be able to solo stuff like heroic Lich King which DK and Hunter can but they will do pretty damn good! Personally, as a rogue, I have solo'd MOST of the Old Content and I have it on farm every single week for gold,transmog,pets and mounts. Don't believe me? Okay, your problem, go rerroll a rogue and see for yourself.
    Yeah, i'm not sure why either. My main is a rogue. I've only had problems with the last fight in SSC and Razorgore. I'm not sure what's up with the razorgore fight, honestly. I did it the first time with 0 problems, and have went up at least 20 ilevels since then, and now i can't solo it anymore. I'm confused. I have to switch to combat instead of assassination to do twin emps & c'thun, but other than that, i have no problems at all.