Page 1 of 3
LastLast

And they all obtained an 'honorable kill'

The term 'honorable combat' is completely outdated. Nowadays there's nothing related to it... all I face in HFP is 10 vs. 1 combat, yet they all receive the previously mentioned prize for killing me.

I suggest, if more than one person touches a dying enemy, he gets a 3-hour suspension instead of an honorable kill.

Honor kill = kill that gives you honor.

That is all it means.

Lol, is this a troll.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-21 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    The term 'honorable combat' is completely outdated. Nowadays there's nothing related to it... all I face in HFP is 10 vs. 1 combat, yet they all receive the previously mentioned prize for killing me.

I suggest, if more than one person touches a dying enemy, he gets a 3-hour suspension instead of an honorable kill.

I suggest a 3 hour suspension on anyone who writes a thread about being killed on a pvp realm.

This is already discussed to death and even blizz has said that there is nothing wrong with it.

Move on!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post

That is all it means.
    So how is it honorable to kill an enemy by 10 vs. 1? And no, not a troll, a discussion.

Deleted
    reroll pve server then.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I suggest a 3 hour suspension on anyone who writes a thread about being killed on a pvp realm.

This is already discussed to death and even blizz has said that there is nothing wrong with it.

Move on!

i am going to second this, every other week we get a new thread here with someone complaining that they got killed in wpvp.

You died in world pvp get over it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they should totally get a 3 hour suspension for engaging in pvp. It's obviously their fault you went to a WORLD PVP OBJECTIVE on a PVP REALM by YOURSELF. You should have seen this coming.

In closing, no, your 3 hour suspension suggestion is illogical and fueled by misguided rage.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Don't misunderstand the thread intentionally, it was about the term, not about the action.

Deleted
    So how is it honorable to kill an enemy by 10 vs. 1? And no, not a troll, a discussion.
    It's honorable as in you get honor points because you killed an enemy faction player. To elaborate wether or not this is really "honorable" we'd need to ask the one who hands out those honor points. Who does that anyway? Garrosh/Varian? Don't believe so since they seem pretty busy most of the time, but in their minds killing an enemy is probably honorable no matter how easy it is.

This is World of WARcraft. If you were like level 61 and they were level 90, it wouldn't be an "honorable" kill, because it would be like killing a children. But you're at WAR, you wander "alone" and some people the same level as you kill you? On a PVP realm ? And you come to us whining about it?

I don't know how better can I explain to you this concept than I just did..

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post

That is all it means.
    There used to be dishonorable kills as well
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't misunderstand the thread intentionally, it was about the term, not about the action.
    If that were true you wouldn't have suggested the 3 hour suspension, you're lying through your teeth and it's glaringly obvious.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about "honor". Nothing in the game is honorable or dishonorable. Honor is just a pvp award. Think of it that way.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    Also, would you consider it "honorable" if someone blatantly outgeared you in a BG and raped you in the butt, not due to skill, but only due to gear? Not really that honorable either, so let's 3h ban that person. Right?

It has nothing to do with actual honor anymore. If you played classic you would understand that there used to be a reason for the name, a reason that is no longer present. Now, however, it is simply a point system which happens to use the same words.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really call 10v1 "PvP" seriously?

That has nothing do to with pvp. Absolutly nothing.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't honorable. But iamthedevil is right. An honorable kill is nothing more than a name to define a PvP kill that awards honor points. Just like Uncommon or Rare items aren't actually uncommon or rare, it's just the name given to that specific quality.

I'm not defending the people who killed you, they're the scum of this game. But your suggestion is pretty dumb, and while it isn't an "honorable" act, honorable kill is nothing more than a name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Please, suck it up. i play on a PvP server and I've gotten ganked three times during all the leveling. And 2 of the times was from my guildie who logged onto his alliance, and chased me down and killed me. If you don't like being flagged, don't play on a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    There used to be dishonorable kills as well
    Had nothing to do with same level world pvp