Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Still ignorant for bashing him for D3 in a thread about a game genre he have bucketloads of experience and a record of making successful games in, can't say the same about D3..
    Listen I could give a F about his successful games alright? Understand this I give a F when he ruined the game called Diablo 3 that's all I cared about it UNTIL HE DESTROYED it ( IMO cause you know opinions are great )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Good we just don't want another bad game ( IN OUR OPINION ) If you like his games okay you like his games.
    Where did I EVER say I like his games? I dont even care about Diablo, I played d3 because my brother bought it, I could care less. I just find it very stupid and boring to start a thread up JUST to bash someone -.-, instead of actually speculating on what this game might be (which my bet would be Titan or a tabletop game)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    Why does bliz still consider him a talent? He was the lead of Diablo 3. Everything was ultimately on his shoulders, because his word was final. He ruined the most anticipated sequal of our generation! Don't dare give him another game. Let him be an idea guy if need be, but he should never be a lead.
    Think of him investor wise. Even if Diablo 3 isn't so loved now... it sold 10 million copies or so. I'm not even talking about the money from the RMAH coming.
    So overall he did ok in terms of money making machine. And for investors, that's really all that counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    The early Diablo franchise brought me through my formative years and I stuck by D3 out of solidarity even when I was fairly disappointed with the game at release. I don't blame Jay Wilson solely or entirely for what happened to the game, but I do think he and those two minions of his are responsible for a lot of the gameplay I don't enjoy. That being said, the real problem with Blizzard, aside from being run by a megalomaniac with no passion for gaming, is that the current developer roster is too old. They are my age and older. Fresh ideas come from fresh minds. It's time Blizzard hired some 20-somethings and gave them the chance to innovate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, if you're assuming WoW + Warhammer, then I can say:
    Incoming new Warcraft tabletop game and series of official, approved lore books.

Seems equally logical based on those two factors as the only source for speculation.
    This would actually be quite awesome. And, in a way, it makes perfect sense. Tabletop miniatures is about the only game genre they haven't done with the IP. Set of rules/lore + a line of miniatures wouldn't be a huge seller but would likely be profitable.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Hell hath no fury like an angry virgin scorn.

Note: Stay on topic. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-21 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    too risky to put two warcrafts on a market and expect both to do well wc4 wont happen or atleast not till wow is done
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I don't know about Warcraft 4, but they do need to make an Anniversary addition of Warcraft RTS which includes the Story lines from the first game until the Start of Catacylsm, so fans can revisit all the old content. and play through the story lines. Remember Warcraft: Orcs & Humans was released in 23 November 1994, they could easily using the StarCraft 2 engine make a Revisit game. and have it out in time for the 20th anniversary.

That's not a Twitter post. It's his Twitter bio, a short statement about who he is and his interests. It wasn't in response to anything. It wasn't prompted by anything. The only part of it to change recently is the bit about what game he's working on as the Warhammer bit was there ages ago. Nothing to see here. WCIV still not happening. We'll see it accompany the movie release. A graphical overhaul of WC1-3 is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I doubt it is warcraft 4. Blizzard already got Starcraft 2 as an RTS out on the market, and it is really popular and one of the best E-sports games to ever be released so... No. I doubt it. He is most likely working on "Titan".
    Ummm... no its not. At this point I'd classify SC2 as downgraded to "cult status". If I remember correctly it's not even much of an E-Sport anymore. Only SC1 is these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4 would be cool as long as it doesn't affect WoW.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

I wouldn't be surprised if soon (not Blizzard soon) they will demand Jay Wilson to change that.

Thinking for 15 seconds on that description, it sounds more like a scorned and butthurt drop-out trying to fake his present importance and relevance.
    Blizzard will most likely ask for him to not drag them into his misery with this misleading description.

Deleted
    Working on? fine.
    Lead designer? please no.

Jay "FTL" Wilson, is not a bad developer, if prone to bad judgement, but is really bad at project management as seen in D3. So I hope he is not leading anything, especially WC4.

I loved the WC games but I have reservations that Bliz as it stands right now can actually produce a really great game. They seam to have become more about profits than making games when they shoudl be about making great games which people love and so generate profits. Blizard used to be a watchword in quality, now they sadly are the opposite.

God I hate the Blizzard community sometimes. For example, almost everything they say about D3 and especially Jay Wilson. So much hate and bile for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I can't see how it's a big leap at all.. in fact, I can't really see much other leaps at all than that.
    You go from him saying he likes Warhammer in his bio to him working on Warcraft IV, which to the best of everyone's knowledge Blizzard isn't even considering making and you don't see how that's a big leap? Good gravy.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    At this point I'd classify SC2 as downgraded to "cult status".
    Your perceptions of reality are extremely warped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if some of you actually think a bit into it, hes clearly stateting he likes Warhammer type games (Specially Blizzard games), it doesnt mean they are makeing another game (aside from Titan), hes also not responding to anyone thats his Bio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    WOW all this hate on Jay Wilson, Diablo 3 was a great game, the failure was a business decision to add an in game Auction House which meant they had to Nerf all the gear.

BTW Business decisions have nothing to do with Game Director.

Now David Brevik who made the piece of crap known as Hellgate:London started the controversy saying that he would have done it differently. Well duh but who cares he quiet Blizzard and made fail games. He is currently making the Marvel Heroes MMO, which is not a MMO but Diablo 2 with Super Heroes. (yah you play as one of 6 famous heroes, doing nothing but End Game. Or as I say a Fail game before release.)

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Listen I could give a F about his successful games alright? Understand this I give a F when he ruined the game called Diablo 3 that's all I cared about it UNTIL HE DESTROYED it ( IMO cause you know opinions are great )
    That's what I say... it's not about what you've done... it's what you DO - TODAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't Warhammer be closer to Starcraft rather than Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You go from him saying he likes Warhammer in his bio to him working on Warcraft IV, which to the best of everyone's knowledge Blizzard isn't even considering making and you don't see how that's a big leap? Good gravy.
    Actually nobody has any knowledge of WCIV. Blizz themselves have said it wasn't on the table then (was a year ago) as they're focusing on SC2.

Not sure if you noticed, but they're about to release SC2's next expansion, and working on the third... that means SC2 will be plenty over in 2 years time. PLENTY of time to develop a new RTS, wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Your perceptions of reality are extremely warped.
    ...and I notice you don't try to debunk me either. You know it's no longer an E-Sport and is a shadow of its former hype/popularity. :P

People like you said the same thing about me when I said Keeping heroics hard in Cataclysm was going to hurt the subs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    WOW all this hate on Jay Wilson, Diablo 3 was a great game, the failure was a business decision to add an in game Auction House which meant they had to Nerf all the gear.

BTW Business decisions have nothing to do with Game Director.
    Jay Wilson himself said he was in part of the process of agreeing in game auction house, so I hold him of it as responsible about it as rest of the Blizzard team. And the auction house wasn't the issue, but that all the loot was balanced around it, which quickly made another PR fiasco for them.

Also the game had plenty of failures in design choices, from the poor itemization system such as removal of secondary spell effects like slowing down by frost damage in weapon with poor excuses of "WAH WE DONT KNOW HOW TO BALANCE" to reducing all that matters to the end of all master DPS derived from weapon, then there was in later game absolutely stupid combos of enemy abilities that were not hard, they were fucking stupid.

Was Diablo 3 total shit game? No. Was it enjoyable? At first it was until everything that was wrong with it started slapping your face, which was around level 20-30 as you entered the second difficulty level that had almoust no differencies and loot was almoust 10 level lower to your level.

My biggest miff with Diablo 3 was that it has the best feeling combat (When not influenced by their stupid online demands) ever in a hack'n'slash game but the game around the combat is shit.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-01-21 at 11:21 PM.