Poll: Is It Cowardly to Walk Away from a Fight?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Walking away can be one of the hardest things you will ever do in life.
    its not about winning or loosing, its holding on to a set of principles that you hold in high regard. The law also expects you to walk away.
    if its a situation of 4-1 how is it not cowardly to act belligerently and try to start a fight when your presenting a 4-1 advantage.
    The sad thing is even is you didn't start a fight you are liable for any damages caused even death of the aggressor.... sadly all because you could have walked away.
    if you do walk away and they follow. that changes the situation. Unfortunately its your word against theirs. that's why if your in Florida you make sure the "attacker" is dead
    and your free and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    if you do walk away and they follow. that changes the situation. Unfortunately its your word against theirs. that's why if your in Florida you make sure the "attacker" is dead
    and your free and clear.
    well, in florida that only works if you kill them with a gun, and you are white(ish) and the dead guy is black
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not cowardly.

I'd try to avoid a fight, but I wouldn't act scared or just let them insult me or anything. If they let me go without a fight - cool, it's better that way. If they try to stop me - SHIT'S ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN. No, seriously, I'd beat the living crap out of them. Unless they're some bulky super-teens on shrooms. Then I'd probably take a beating. Probably.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I've actually ended up in these types of situations a few times and I've never once got hit.

I usually start with the usual ''i don't want a fight''. If that doesn't work then i start talking about honor and that it is cowardly to not go 1v1. If they still insist on a fight i'll just go like ''pfft, you're not even worth my time you tragic spineless faliure'' or something like that and simply walk away, they always stand there without words

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'd use a lot of big words and alien terms (like "shower" and "dress sense") to mentally confuse them, and turn them into my pet minions.
    Haha, best answer on the thread!

A wise man once said:
    "Do not fight unless you can win and have no choice but to win."

In this scenario there is a choice. The choice is to walk away.

Another wise man once said:
    "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."

By starting the fight you acknowledge your own incompetence.

Yes, I would walk away. I would also be vigilant enough to respond when the other party proves their incompetence and takes away my other choice.
    I will make it clear to the party that I may not come out the victor in this fight but the first one to come into reach will regret that.
    Been there, done that, left them confused and staring at each other to make the first move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Funny, my country was mourning recently an athlete that died a year ago. He was a really well built man, and was in a bar and 2 little skinny guys took on him (it was recorded from bar cameras) so what did he do? Well he beat them both... and a third guy came behind him as he was beating one and stabbed him.
    Morale of the story, you can be tall, muscular and proud of yourself, you'll only fall harder on the ground.

By the way, if there's no way of avoiding a fight whatsoever, locate either the biggest or closest one and hit their kneecap or their balls as hard as you can. But only if you have no other choice.
    This for ladies too, hit them as hard as you can between their legs if you have no other choice, it's a horrible pain and it takes a while for it to pass, in movies the guys raise themselves almost instantly, but in real life it's not like that.
    And after you've hit their knees or balls, run while they're incapacitated. Don't take chances. Do the smart thing. You don't know if they have concealed weapons or something. You don't know if there's 9238427 more hiding somewhere close. If you need to fight, incapacite one and run.
    Well yeah you got a point there.

Sadly I got a very short temper when it comes to getting hit by someone i dont know and i will propably stay fighting and get a knife on my back.

But ill remember that. I can propably crush someones balls with ease and im a pretty good runner. And im avoiding places where there are no humans around. But i dont know whatll happen if i get hit in the face.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-23 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Using your brain to avoid a fight is smart, not cowardly. The cowards are the guys who have to be 4 on 1.

And frigging lol at the tough guys. Yeah id flash my piece, pull out my nine. That certainly won´t escalate the situation. I think Infectious Grooves said it best. Sticks and stones may break some bones, but a .357 will tear your damn head off.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-01-23 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Starting a fight or in other ways like acting tough, talking trash and showing aggression and then walking away because you mid-way doubt your abilities compared with you adversary is cowardness (and a bit of stupidity).

Choosing the smart alternative as in turning down an invitation to a 1v5 fight is not cowardice. It's simply being smart. You came out the victor in this scenario no matter what you did because the dorks auto-forfeit any kind of value in winning when they decided to go more than 1v1.

Deleted
    I find cracking a few jokes and talking them out of it works often

Anyone who would engage in a fight with a bunch of random kids because you looked at them, is just as much a retard as the kids picking the fight.

I've been in my share of fights in my life, but they've always been for a good reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    But what if but what if but what if....

we can go on for days. If you have been practicing Krav for at least a year or more 3 untrained assailants are no problem.
    Take me: 45 kg(like 100 lbs?) & 156 cm(5'1 or something). Put one man that weighs 80-90 kg and is atleast 180 cm against me. I'd be having real bad troubles already then. Add 3-4 more. How am I gonna defend myself even with training? I've had to fight against a guy in school, it wasn't fun, managed to kick him in the crotch and get away but there's no chance I'd be able to defend myself against a fully grown man, even less so 4-5. :/
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-01-24 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably turn to fight because of a couple reasons, one being experience and the other being I really like to fight lol Even if outnumbered, I am 6'5" 230lbs and can hold my own. I'd probably eventually get whooped, but not before I got a few good punches in myself. I think it's healthy to get in a good fight every once in a while.

Walk away and call them immature idiots who will hopefully, one day grow up.

The situation is not described in enough detail. Depends.

In the scenario you're painting I'd keep walking calmly. Running would trigger the hunt reflex in them.

If they actually physically hit me though I'd grab the heaviest and hardest thing I'd have on me and try to give the leader of the group brain damage before running away like a coward.
    Luckily I live far away form any area I can imagine such a thing happening.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    These questions stump me. I'm currently 22 and have never been in a fight with anyone and I live in a somewhat notoriously 'bad' area. The way I figure it is if I don't act like a dick nor hang around areas that attract dicks then I won't need to be in this situation.

Though there was one time I did get mugged. When I guy pulls a knife on you and asks for your phone you give that motherfucker your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Though there was one time I did get mugged. When I guy pulls a knife on you and asks for your phone you give that motherfucker your phone.
    i agree with you, but many of the badasses on this forum will tell you how they would have done it differently, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.