What about an WOW expansion in the Second War ages?

Imagin this

We have to travel to the past, in the times of the second war, because the bronze dragon flight have discovered that an old god is trying to change things in the history of azeroth by empowering the infinity dragonflight, and you have to travel to the past

That would be like exploring the easter kingdom as they were in WC2, before the scourge invassion, and with the old horde dominating the south part of the continent.

Some races like night elves, taurens and pandareans would receive a "magical disguise" so they can support their respective factions, I mean, that will not visually by the players , but the NPCs would see a night elf player as a "high elf" or a tauren as an "Ogre" (this will be only for questing dialogs, there is not going to be a visual thing for the gamers, like in the "culling of stratholme" dungeon )

In my opinion, this is not going to be like "revamping" old content, it will be like exploring a total new continent, yet something familiar.

There will be things that you do in the past and can affect things in the current time ,like planting a seed in the past, and return to the present to receive the fruits.

Something like the gameplay of Zelda Ocarina of Time

In fact the ruins of Stormwing would serve as a Raid instance.

What do you think?

**Please fix my grammar, english is not my language

While cool, I think there'd be a lot of complaints about reusing content, plus I think many players will want a break from the "Horde v Alliance" thing for a bit after this expansion.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a standalone game, yes. Same mechanics, Different time. I'd think it would be pretty cool.
    Never been a big fan the bronze. I would prefer the lore to more forwards.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    While cool, I think there'd be a lot of complaints about reusing content, plus I think many players will want a break from the "Horde v Alliance" thing for a bit after this expansion.
    I kind of prefer the horde and alliance war. I'd rather it be the focus of the next expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Imagin this

We have to travel to the past, in the times of the second war, because the bronze dragon flight have discovered that an old god is trying to change things in the history of azeroth by empowering the infinity dragonflight, and you have to travel to the past

That would be like exploring the easter kingdom as they were in WC2, before the scourge invassion, and with the old horde dominating the south part of the continent.

Some races like night elves, taurens and pandareans would receive a "magical disguise" so they can support their respective factions, I mean, that will not visually by the players , but the NPCs would see a night elf player as a "high elf" or a tauren as an "Ogre" (this will be only for questing dialogs, there is not going to be a visual thing for the gamers, like in the "culling of stratholme" dungeon )

In my opinion, this is not going to be like "revamping" old content, it will be like exploring a total new continent, yet something familiar.

There will be things that you do in the past and can affect things in the current time ,like planting a seed in the past, and return to the present to receive the fruits.

Something like the gameplay of Zelda Ocarina of Time

In fact the ruins of Stormwing would serve as a Raid instance.

What do you think?

**Please fix my grammar, english is not my language
    I kinda like the idea; mostly, I'd like the idea of second war cavern of times instanced questing areas, instead of raids. (of course, they could have a related dungeon, and scenarios as well)

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if WoW was set in the second war era.

Alliance:

Humans - All kingdoms in an alliance with Lordaeron as de-facto leader.
    Dwarves - Wildhammers included
    Gnomes - They were around as Dwarven allies at the time, I believe
    High Elves - Anasterian Sunstrider as King with the Windrunner sisters hanging about

Horde:

Orcs - Led by Doomhammer, other cool orcs at the time such as Hellscream, Kargath Bladefist, Kilrogg Deadeye, Varok Saurfang. Also with the more sinister orcs like Gul'Dan, Nekros Skullcrusher, Zuluhead the Whacked and Teron Gorefiend.
    Forest Trolls - Zul'Jin, need I say more?
    Ogres - led by pre-crazy Cho'Gall and Dentarg
    Goblins

Would be awesome but not as an expansion to WoW. Wouldn't really work.

Well it is not going to be like a revamp, the only similar thing will be maybe the landscape on the map, but remember, during the second war, most part of the south of the easter kingdom were destroyed and dominated by the orcs, the "plagueland" in the north were free from the undeads, Twiligh highlands will be free from the twiligh hammer and it will be a battleground between the Wildhammers and the Dragonmaws, Lorderon was a Alliance capital instead of a Horde capital, Stormwing was in ruins, and you can visit Kul Tiras pre-cataclysm (some theories said that kul tiras was lost forever during the cataclysm)

There will be some naval combats too

It will like exploring a new continent

I'd rather they do something with War of the Ancients or possibly even older than that. Something where the story can still be fresh and newly developed but familiar characters and races exist. Set it 12000 years ago, show the Pandaren revolution and fall of the Mogu Empire, the toppling of the Troll Empires, the foundation of the Human kingdoms, the Curse of Flesh interaction with the Earthen, and the groundwork for the path the Highborne go down that lead to the War of the Ancients. All as a standalone game too.

We already saw the events of WC2.

The Old world is really outdated in design and your suggestion would have to build on those already existing outdated zone designs. So, while I would love me some Second War action, no, this would not work.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The problem is that 99% of the Second War's lore is already written. It isn't like LotR or something, where past ages of War are only briefly mentioned for one significant event in them, and they can be taken advantage of because of how unclear the lore is.