Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone Remember the Obsession with Ashbringer?

Like it was discoverable but extremely hard in the game. Remember back in vanilla there were all of these hints being dropped but led to nowhere, or people had to wait. I think there was something about it being in Dire Maul or the prince knowing its location. Then something about fishing it up lol.

Then all of a sudden, The Argent Crusade retrieved it. Would have been nice to know how Tirion got his hands on it?

Deleted
    There was even a website dedicated to collect all sort of remote evidences in order to unearth the Ashbringer, I remember it well, I played my Paladin zealously at the time, and the Scarlet Crusade has always been one of my favourite factions.

Well, if I remember, the Ashbringer was finally a loot in the original Naxx from the 4 horseman (since 1 of them was Mongraim himself). But you can only get a corrupted version of it. After, if you do the first quest of the DK, you will see that the corrupted weapon get into the hand of is son and this last lost when he give it to Tirion (witch cleanse the weapon in the process).

I still freaking want that sword.

IT'S SO WELL DESIGNED.

I NEED IT OR ITS CORRUPTED VERSION.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

now all paladins can get the ashbringer by choosing a talent yay
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

idd as i recall the true wielder of the ashbringer was 1 of the 4 horsemen in the original naxxramas.
    after he got killed the weapon ended up with his son but was already corrupted beyond repair.
    while holding the weapon you would get a nice cutscene in the cathidral and the undead priest would explain some.

still because paladins are like superman the somehow can cleanse a utterly cursed and corrupted weapon by just catching it.
    there also great at getting CCed at jumping out of the CC just before a boss dies.
    then the pop all Cd's and claim the defeated the boss solo.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    still because paladins are like superman the somehow can cleanse a utterly cursed and corrupted weapon by just catching it.
    Indeed, yet Quel'Delar needs to be taken to the SUNWELL ITSELF (remember it emanates holy magic now) in order to be cleansed from the saronite taint.

Tirion got it from Darion Mograine at the Battle of Light's Hope Chapel. Darion passed it to him and Tirion cleansed it. Darion got it from his father, Alexandros, when he killed him in Naxx. Darion turned the blade on himself to free his father's soul and became a Death Knight of Lich King after.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

too bad i played rogue.. never could get my hand on it.. and well then tank DK oh still no old nax !
    too bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Indeed, yet Quel'Delar needs to be taken to the SUNWELL ITSELF (remember it emanates holy magic now) in order to be cleansed from the saronite taint.
    The ground beneath Light's Hope was so sacred that the Lich King himself was defeated there. I'd say that's a pretty good way to cleanse it. It could also be noted that Quel'Delar is a Sin'dorei blade and the Sunwell is a sacred Sin'dorei spot while Ashbringer is a human made blade and Light's Hope is a sacred Human place.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Saronite was old god taint stronger than the scrouge taint which was fel in origin, not surprised you needed a stronger fount of power. But most likely it was an oversight by lore devoplers

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes! I remember the NPC just outside of light's hope that mentioned Ashbringer. And a rumor you had to fish up something in the lake near scholomance.

There where all kinds of rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    The ground beneath Light's Hope was so sacred that the Lich King himself was defeated there. I'd say that's a pretty good way to cleanse it. It could also be noted that Quel'Delar is a Sin'dorei blade and the Sunwell is a sacred Sin'dorei spot while Ashbringer is a human made blade and Light's Hope is a sacred Human place.
    Quel'delar is a Quel'dorei blade, not Sin'dorei. It was forged for the Quel'dorei while Quel'serrar was forged for the Kal'dorei.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Like it was discoverable but extremely hard in the game. Remember back in vanilla there were all of these hints being dropped but led to nowhere, or people had to wait. I think there was something about it being in Dire Maul or the prince knowing its location. Then something about fishing it up lol.

Then all of a sudden, The Argent Crusade retrieved it. Would have been nice to know how Tirion got his hands on it?
    Morgraine passed it to him. They show this in the game...
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Quel'delar is a Quel'dorei blade, not Sin'dorei. It was forged for the Quel'dorei while Quel'serrar was forged for the Kal'dorei.
    Tomato, Tomahto (i know you're stance on helves and belves, so no need to argue my quip). My point was elvish blade cleansed in an elvish fashion, human blade in a human fashion. it's not even something concrete, just something I noticed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Considering they are in all senses, but political, the same people, it's not much of a serious innacuracy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    (Alexandros) Morgraine had it. Then he was killed by his son and 39 other champions of the Argent Dawn (Original Naxx). His son (Darion) then killed himself with the Corrupted Ashbringer in order to free his father's soul.

That's when Darion became a DK and went on to lead the Ebon Blade.

In the finale of the DK starting zone, he throws the Corrupted Ashbringer to Tirion in order to help him fight the Lich King. Tirion + "The Light of Dawn" = Purified Ashbringer.

It is then transported to Northrend, where Alliance players in Howling Fjord help retrieve it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Tomato, Tomahto (i know you're stance on helves and belves, so no need to argue my quip). My point was elvish blade cleansed in an elvish fashion, human blade in a human fashion. it's not even something concrete, just something I noticed.
    Of course, Ashbringer was forged by a dwarf (Magni, even, see the comic).

So not *technically* a human blade.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Morgraine passed it to him. They show this in the game...
    Yeah wow I can't believe I let that slip past me. Haven't paid attention to the lore for so long...

Thanks! Was so obvious.

I certainly saw some obsession with it... but did it become a viral trade chat link like [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?