Page 1 of 102
... LastLast

[Megathread] Dark Souls 2

This is the place to post new leaks or information about Dark Souls 2.

Dark Souls 2 is currently is closed beta. It will be released March 14. The game is developed by From Software and published by Namco Bandai Games.

Dark Souls II is an upcoming action role-playing open world video game, being developed for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows by From Software in Japan. Dark Souls II is a sequel to Dark Souls.
    Dark Souls II was announced at the Spike Video Game Awards on December 7, 2012.
    Hidetaka Miyazaki, who served as director on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, will not return as director for Dark Souls II. Instead he will act as a supervisor and the game will be directed by Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura. Miyazaki stated there will be no direct connection in the story between Dark Souls and Dark Souls II. The game will also feature dedicated multiplayer servers.
    (Source: Wikipedia (link below))

PLOT: The story will revolve around a cursed character trying to find a cure for their agony, the story will also be emotional and involved like Demon's Souls story. While little has been revealed of the game's story, the game's director has been cited as mentioning that the sequel is linked to its predecessor, but with no specifications as to how. The director mentioned that the concept of time factored into the story and also that "if the first game was set in the North Pole, this one would be in the South Pole; that sort of contrast."
    (Source: Wikipedia (link below))

DEVELOPMENT: Dark Souls II features gameplay mechanics similar to its predecessor; co-director Tomohiro Shibuya has stated that he has no intention of changing the controls. Covenants, a feature in Dark Souls that allowed the player to align with different factions, are making a reappearance, though they will be easier to understand and more accessible to the player. The game world is going to be roughly twice the size of Dark Souls with the beginning of the game made more accessible to newcomers. Tanimura also confirmed that the game will retain the challenging gameplay known to the series, "We do not plan on having an Easy Mode since we are creating this game with a thought that challenge and difficulty are core elements of the game.”
    The development team has cited utilizing a more powerful graphics engine for the sequel that is currently being showcased in gameplay trailers. New challenges, adding to the series' documented difficulty level, have also been shown. The game will feature a more advanced AI system that allows enemies to react to a wider range of actions by the player.
    On September 19, 2013, an announcement regarding the delay of the PC-version was made by the game's director Yoi Tanimura. In an interview for Eurogamer, he explained that the delay was necessary to ensure an optimal version of Dark Souls 2 on PC.
    (Source: Wikipedia (link below). More references from the qutoes from wikipedia found on the actual page)

Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering the uncompromising challenge and ultimate sense of empowerment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse and conquer a devastated world filled with death and despair.

Players will also discover a revamped server based multiplayer experience that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing and sharing with others. For those with enough tenacity and sheer force of will, great rewards await.
    (Source: Namco Bandai Games official website (link below))

Dark Souls 2 is another game in the "Souls serie". These games requires strategies and smart thinking from the player to progress in the game.

Trailer:

More trailers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbeyBjmBD3E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgUuhOsHoA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIb8lkAxc

Here are some useful links:
    http://www.darksoulsii.com/
    http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/pr.../playstation-3
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Souls_II
    Last edited by Flagobha; 2013-11-25 at 09:18 AM.

Can't wait for more information about this game. I'm hesitant, but hopeful that it will live up to the first Dark Souls. As of right now, I'm not sure if there is much to really talk about, but hopefully there will be soon!

Dark Souls II is an upcoming action role-playing open world video game
    That enough to get me hyped for this game lol. Cant wait for more info!!

This comes as a surprise to me, but I'm very happy.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Time to get HYPE!!!

Updated with a new gameplay trailer of 12 minutes from IGN!

New trailer was epic.

First area? Reminded me a lot of the Tower Knight area in Demon Souls (if he looks behind him for example)
    Second area? Anor Londo style architecture?

Creatures:

Armored dudes, reminded me a lot of the club wielders in Blight Town
    Dragon Skeleton? Bloody epic.
    Creature that breaks through wall? Can't wait to have that ingame, some awesome ambush ideas right there.

So I noticed they kept the same armor from the trailer, anyone know why? There's meaning behind everything in Dark Souls and I believe that's one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So I noticed they kept the same armor from the trailer, anyone know why? There's meaning behind everything in Dark Souls and I believe that's one of them.
    It looks cool? Would be my guess. Probably not a very good one tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's just the signature armor of the title, like it was with Elite Knight set in DaS and Fluted armor in DeS.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

If they don't use GFWL i might actually consider trying it this time

Steam + workshop with this one please!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    It's just the signature armor of the title, like it was with Elite Knight set in DaS and Fluted armor in DeS.
    Yeah, I think so too. They also probably didn't want to spoil any of the other armor sets, so they used the one that people were already familiar with and had seen before. Part of me is glad that they're keeping a lot of the information about the game a secret, but I still can't help wanting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...w-screenshots/

the developer has no plans to include options within the game to make it easier for more casual players.
    more vertical exploration is likely. Delving into darkness in true, good old fashioned dungeon-crawling fashion will be a big part of the game. Hence the torches.
    “Dual-wielding is a new feature in Dark Souls II,” Tanimura says. “Unique action can be performed by combining particular weapons.”
    The framerate issues seen in Dark Souls should also be a thing of the past, with a reconstructed engine designed to handle the improved graphics and environments without stuttering.
    Dark Souls II confirmed to be Game of the Year, for all years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

Fantastic news. Even though it's pretty much a guaranteed buy for me already, if there isn't GFWL I'll be buying it that much harder.

God, I just pray that they put a lot of effort into Dual-weilding. It seems so rare that it's done well in games. And considering how a shield is almost mandatory for the Souls games, at least for beginners anyway, I'll hope that they can make it work with the game to be a viable option.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    i may pick this game up but im still stuck on this stupid forest, every time i enter the area like 4 fucking people will spawn on me il kill some but can never make it to the boss lol
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

yep, this game will be everything i expected and more.
    Hopefully it will launch on Fall 2013, if not,then early 2014

ENB did a gameplay analysis btw

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

Yeah, I noticed the dual wielding in the gameplay video. I really hope that it's actually viable this time around. I hope they pull it off nicely! Having a shield just seems so vital, I wonder how well it'll actually work out in practice.

I hope for a better pc port. The last one was too terrible, even with the fan patches.