Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nieal View Post
    I hope for a better pc port. The last one was too terrible, even with the fan patches.
    There won't be a port this time. Dark Souls 2 is going to be a true multiplatform game from the start.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they'll remove repairing your armor/weaps. I think I spent a max 2000 souls on repairs on my first play through. Just seems completely pointless.

I hope for a better pc port. The last one was too terrible, even with the fan patches.
    PC confirmed as the lead base, 60 fps confirmed and more
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538551

I normally don't hype games, but HOLY S***! This looks amazing, and I just lost my sleep for the next 2 nights after watching the gameplay reveal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite excited for the sequel, even though I have barely gotten anywhere in the first one lol. This game is really friggin hard. Definitely teaches you a lesson in patients

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 09:04 PM ----------

Btw, not sure if anyone has considered this. But I can nearly promise you this game will be a cult classic. I'm looking to buy a sealed copy to keep in the closet for the next 20 years.

If Secret of Mana sells for $70 and Legend of Mana sells for $150, I'm sure Demon Souls and Dark Souls will sell quite well in due time.

I really really really really hope that the trailer was in an extremely easy mode. Seeing how little damage the player took was just pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    I really really really really hope that the trailer was in an extremely easy mode. Seeing how little damage the player took was just pathetic.
    They said they wanted the beginning to be a little easier so new players aren't scared off. Once you finally get into the game it will return to the same unforgiving nature we all know and love. It's also possible they just tuned it down for the demo so they can showcase the game without trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt we're going to start with the stats they have in their reveal either. I also wouldn't be surprised if that is a bit later in the game so they don't spoil much of the early traps and such.

As long as you have an XBox Controller and the fan patches, the PC Port was the best version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they're changing arrows to unlimited. Looks like they want bow game play to feel like a legit style rather than a situational thing. Shooting arrows also seems to take stamina just like swinging a sword.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-04-15 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Wonder if they'll remove repairing your armor/weaps. I think I spent a max 2000 souls on repairs on my first play through. Just seems completely pointless.
    It's pretty pointless for a lot of items, some items like the Dragonslayer Spear use durability for a special attack and need to be repaired, I don't see why they couldn't just "recharge" and accomplish the same thing tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Looks like they're changing arrows to unlimited. Looks like they want bow game play to feel like a legit style rather than a situational thing. Shooting arrows also seems to take stamina just like swinging a sword.
    Which scares me.
    If you don't know anything about Demon's Souls.
    Bows are VERY over powered. All range was drastically nerfed from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls, (why some people think Demon's Souls was easier).
    I even did a full bow run on Dark Souls, bosses are very very very easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's pretty pointless for a lot of items, some items like the Dragonslayer Spear use durability for a special attack and need to be repaired, I don't see why they couldn't just "recharge" and accomplish the same thing tho.
    Different word same function?

I'm pretty curious on how they're implementing the hollow/resurrection gameplay in this one. Someone on reddit noticed in the gameplay trailer how the face appeared hollowed after a death, meaning we could see a return of that sort of gameplay.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Which scares me.
    Bows are VERY over powered. All range was drastically nerfed from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls, (why some people think Demon's Souls was easier).
    Seeing how much stamina useing the bow seemed to take up, it will probably just be used as a range puller and a way to get a quick attack or two in an enemy before you get them in melee range.

And I hope they just keep durability, I really don't want some Elder Scrolls magic charge nonsense where you have to farm X enemy in order to regain its magical effect.
    Really, durability was never an issue in dark souls. Most weapons only cost a hundred or so souls to fully repair and the only few enemies who actually damage weapons are encountered half way through the game. (I think gaping dragon is the first enemy that you find.)
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Which scares me.
    Sort of, both are restrictions, one is passive that can used strategically and the other is just a pain in the ass, instead of repairing it gives it a cooldown, almost like a spell rather than an alternate attack. Would also make it not spammable.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-04-16 at 02:36 PM.

OMG That trailer.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

God damn it, give me my game already!

The part where he was running on the wooden bridge looked really epic o.o About the only game I'm really looking forward to, if it's even nearly as good as Dark Souls it will be GOTY for me for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about that turtle knight lookin' fellow in the video makes me laugh my ass off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, that music, that slogan... From seriously ARE trying hard to pander to the american audience with that PR campaign, as they said in earlier interviews.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.