Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im on my first playthrough currently. Holy hell that pathway from the Shaded Woods to Drangleic Castle was obscure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Considering all of the primal bosses kinda locks you out of returning, you kinda have to use the primal bonfires. Though I guess homeward bones may still work? Not sure.
    Yeah boning works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for Scholar of the First Sin, does anyone have any info on it beyond more lore, an npc with moar lore, and enemies being moved around?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vendrick is STILL doing my freaking head in, got him to 1/4 of his HP, in a blink of an eye he turns round and squishes me. Guess I need to kill him for part of the Scholar of the First Sin, right?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Scholar they're making it 6 players co-op up from 4.
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/196/G019662/20150204026/
    and yeah, release date is April 9th.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-02-05 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Vendrick is STILL doing my freaking head in, got him to 1/4 of his HP, in a blink of an eye he turns round and squishes me. Guess I need to kill him for part of the Scholar of the First Sin, right?
    The hump his leg while rotating in a single direction trick never failed me even once. He will turn to hit you but you are already rotating so it misses and you get a swing off.

Can't wait for Scholar of the First Sin, does anyone have any info on it beyond more lore, an npc with moar lore, and enemies being moved around?
    This is the most informative video I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    This is the most informative video I've seen.
    That's too bad for me, as I play on 360, so I won't be getting the moved mobs.

Any info on this Forlorn Invader? Please don't tell me he's a PS4/XBOne/DX11 only Invader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh.... he's a fucking badass.

That's too bad for me, as I play on 360, so I won't be getting the moved mobs.

Any info on this Forlorn Invader? Please don't tell me he's a PS4/XBOne/DX11 only Invader.
    Sorry, but pretty sure he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    For blocking it really isn't a matter of "Oh this boss can be blocked, this one can." A lot of bosses have attacks that can't be blocked. For instance, when Pursuer's sword glows blue and he stabs, you can't block that. I'm pretty sure you can't block Old Iron King's overhead smashes. Shit like that. As for Smelter you can block his attacks but he does fire damage so unless you have the Gyrm shield or something you're still going to take damage.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I'm kind of tempted of trying a Tank Build in DS2, or playstyle rather than a build. Use a heavy armor set (Havel's, Smelter Demon?), Greatshield and (Ultra)Greatsword/Halberd. I know the build will have quite high stat requirements and it's no early game build at all.

However, I'm not looking for tips how to make such build, but tips about the playstyle instead. Can you block most Boss Attacks, even on bosses who attack with great strength such as Smelter Demon or Pursuer, Velstadt? Or is it better to try to avoid their hits even though you could block it and take some damage?

Is it better to wield the Greatshield Two-Handed and use it as a weapon / shield rather than use it one handed with a weapon? Googling "Dark Souls 2 Tank Guide" I can find mostly tank builds, not a generic tank playstyle guide.
    Blocking is a viable playstyle on almost every fight. Just watch out for truly massive attacks and grabs, as mentioned by Poppincaps. You also should keep a variety of shields, for those fuckers that do different kinds of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Blocking is a viable playstyle on almost every fight. Just watch out for truly massive attacks and grabs, as mentioned by Poppincaps. You also should keep a variety of shields, for those fuckers that do different kinds of damage.
    That goes for nearly every build though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    The hump his leg while rotating in a single direction trick never failed me even once. He will turn to hit you but you are already rotating so it misses and you get a swing off.
    This, and be all but naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    That goes for nearly every build though.
    Yep, thank god for that. In that sense, the game is balanced fairly well. Or at least better than most games. It's balanced a little bit... Magic is OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha scholar on the first sin (for the new consoles) will have the weapon durability pc issue, from, you naughty lazy mo'fo.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Hahaha scholar on the first sin (for the new consoles) will have the weapon durability pc issue, from, you naughty lazy mo'fo.
    .....da fuq From.

10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILERS ALERT SPOILERS ALERT Don't watch the video below if you haven't played Dark Souls 2 with it's latest update of Scholar of the first sin. You have been warned.

I have to say the sound track of this fight caught me off guard just like how Gwyn ost got me off guard in the first Dark Souls. Sad and amazing just listening to it will give you the idea of the story of this game

7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they'll make another Dark Souls but one where I can actually get past the first dozen enemies lol... all these fancy features and mobs I'll never see :-(...

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it on Xbox back in the day, but I've been meaning to go back and play the first Dark Souls on PC. Last night I just finished getting 100% Achievements in it, and I gotta say that comparing it with Dark Souls 2 is really tough. We all say it, and I'll say it again, but the level design is just so vastly superior in DS1 that its not even funny. Also, DS1 has WAY more interesting bosses and way more interesting monsters. When I was in Anor Londo and fighting the Giants outside Ornstein's "office" I kept thinking, "these guys are basically a DS2 boss".

That being said, its not all roses. Gameplay-wise DS1 really did feel inferior to DS2. I found myself missing a lot of the little changes made in DS2, most notably the ability to respec. I made the mistake of making a god-awful Frankenstein build that was allegedly going to be great with the Greatsword of Artorias...but honestly the results were not as expected. By my 2nd playthrough I was aching for an item that let me redistribute my stats so I could focus on a single attribute.

Some other small changes that oddly enough made a difference to me was how you can only have 2 items equipped in each hand. It really took a lot of flexibility out of the arsenal compared to DS2. The lame workaround was just to run to a semi-safe spot and do a quick swap, but it would have been nicer to have that extra "holster" for an alternate weapon. Also, I missed the extra ring slots. =(