Poll: Allow loot to be traded with people you Queued with?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't this defeat the entire reason they made the change.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The only issue is gear funneling. part of a guild queues up together and all the gear they get gets traded to the person they want to gear up. However...it's LFR and therefore the gear is not that important if you're a progression guild...but it would help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    OK, let me get this straight.

People who complain about CRZ get told this is an MMO and should be played with others, and that playing with others could be fun and advantageous.

But, when raiding, even LFR, queueing with friends doesn't matter, and you shouldn't be able to help your friends out and you might as well queue alone and down the bosses with 24 automatons?

So confused.

If you have geared friends, they don't need loot, loot is personal, and they win something you can use ... then good for you. The fact would then be, you, as a new alt or undergeared friend, just brought in multiple geared and knowledgeable people into LFR, greatly decreasing the chances of failure, because of both their knowledge of the fights and their gear. They in no way affect anyone else's loot. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Hell, I'd wish that all the other 24 people in LFR with me were these types of groups, that way, the run would go super smooth and fast for me, and I could grats others for getting geared up, since it in no way affected the loot I was getting, just the amount of time I spent in LFR.

But hey, let's continue this degenerate culture of NO! you can't haz! or being helpful is evil, go spend hours on forums or grinding shit you nubs!

I'd prefer the opposite. Helpful community, and one that says Hey! You got something?! Grats!!! or Hey! I don't need this, but I see you could use it, enjoy!!! ... sounds much better to me. That is why I used to take time and help people, I passed on a lot of loot instead of having side-grades or offspec gear, and stuff like that when I played much more frequently.

I think, if you raid full clears every week, you should have a modest expectation to have a piece of gear in every slot by the time the next raid patch is out. If you raid for 3-6 months, and only get 5 items, I feel that system is broken. Reward vs Effort is not where it should be.
    Which is fine, except that LFR is not the place blizzard intends you to go to "gear your friends". That is what "Real"raids are for.

Two things: the entire purpose of the current loot system was to eliminate loot drama between players, and it is not intended to help you gear up faster. What you're suggesting may not have problems with the former (assuming all in your queued group agree with what trades are gonna happen), but it definitely would with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Why would it not be fair ?
    is it not fair because you have no friends to queue with and do same for You ?

its not the OLD system, where you take a whole guild in, NEED on everything and trade, we do not get to decide or see what loot will drop and for who, so there is nothing Unfair about trading something IF you win something, to someone else.

Trading is in the game for a reason, lets utilise it, if we desire too.
    It's not the old system correct, it is worse than the old system, in the old system there is a cap on the amount of loot you can get per boss, in this new system the cap is 25, stop trying to change things back to the way they were, it was problematic and caused to much trouble, the new LFR system is here for the reason to STOP what you want, don't like it? go do normal and heroic were you can trade loot.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No, you just grab people from your guild who all pass in order to give the other members double chances at loot!

When will you realize that your entire premise is flawed?
    Did you not even read the change I made? There is only one pass, that is by the original person who won the loot. The pass goes to a random person in the group who is spec'd to use that item, and they CANNOT pass a second time and must take the loot. That would end the loot carousel problem. Obviously bringing in some guild members would increase the chance that one of them gets the item, but once the item is passed it is randomly awarded to someone who can use it, so it would not be guaranteed that one of the guild members would even receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    Did you not even read the change I made? There is only one pass, that is by the original person who won the loot. The pass goes to a random person in the group who is spec'd to use that item, and they CANNOT pass a second time and must take the loot. That would end the loot carousel problem. Obviously bringing in some guild members would increase the chance that one of them gets the item, but once the item is passed it is randomly awarded to someone who can use it, so it would not be guaranteed that one of the guild members would even receive it.
    Just becuase it isn't gauranteed doesn't mean it won't happen, or that people won't attempt to invoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I'd also like to be able to trade LFR loot. Keep it personal like it is now, but the ability to trade.

I've gotten 5 or so helm tokens off Sha of Fear and I feel bad vendoring them knowing that someone else could have used it.
    but at least blizzard put a 50G vendor price on it.... better then the 28G bag
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Just becuase it isn't gauranteed doesn't mean it won't happen, or that people won't attempt to invoke it.
    Obviously, people will try to exploit anything, but grouping together wouldn't guarantee success, only raise the chance. That, I'm ok with honestly.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm against trading outright, but there is another idea I've had:

How about if during the normal loot roll the game makes it shows you what you've won, but you don't want it/already have it. So you pass. When you pass, the players that are eligible for loot (first boss kill of the week and proper class/role) get the option of spending Greater Charms on it by ways of a need roll, high roll gets the item and spends a Charm. If someone does need it, original player that passed gets a 28.50G Bag. If no one needs it you get item back.
    Last edited by ElGeFe; 2013-01-22 at 07:02 AM.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

So I can trade my bag of worthless gold for your bag of worthless gold? Damn thats an awesome idea.

Deleted
    I could agree to it if it only applied to full-guild LFR groups.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Lilly32: You would see the item I don't want before choosing to roll for it. If someone takes the item I get a bag as if that is what I won all along. You're are not selling the item, since that is one things the new loot system is designed to avoid. Would you prefer if you just put the item up for grabs for nothing? Because that could also be an option. You didn't want the item in the first place, at most you get vendor value for it, if you are an enchanter and want the Crystal, just keep it and DE it, no one will know.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    Blah, blah, the thing is this:

There doesn't need to be a solution because there is no problem. Everyone is on an independent roll. If you don't win loot, that means you didn't win it. The other players' loot, or lack thereof, has nothing of consequence to you.

What's wrong with that system?

What's wrong with the system is getting the same item three to four times, while never seeing others. The scarcity of loot drop in lfr is intended, I get that, but why not allow someone who receives a duplicate item to possibly help someone else? Obviously you get Valor as well, and lfr is by no means the only way to gear, but this would make it a little less frustrating. It would even be nice to see them give the person who won the item and passed a charm, so they could then have an extra roll on a future boss. I think this system would better than vendor trashing repeat drops. But its just my opinion, you know, blah blah blah.

Are people seriously complaining that it takes too long to get geared? The current gearing process is very quick relative to previous expansions. If you don't think the RNG likes you in LFR - try all the other methods of gearing up. There is a reason that Blizz implemented multiple ways to gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    allow it pls .... i got 3 chest on my shamy, and my husband still try to get 1..... (running lfr since start)

Simply dont show what people gets, so you can trade only if you wish to

imo lfr shouldnt even offer loot. tank n spank fights
    Bane

Deleted
    No! People with lots of gold already have plenty of advantages in this game. We don't need gold buyers and AH exploiters to suddenly get gear for nothing.
    Last edited by mmoca71904de22; 2013-01-22 at 09:02 PM.

Should be tradable only if you are in a guild group IMO.