View Poll Results: Allow loot to be traded with people you Queued with?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes allow us too trade loot with people we Queued with.

    65 30.95%
  • No, do Not allow it.

    134 63.81%
  • Unsure.

    11 5.24%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Should be tradable only if you are in a guild group IMO.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    with some friends, or guildies, so your joining as a party for LFR
    You wanna group roll and jack other non-guildies...lol..serves you right with this current LFR..

    Love Blizz for not allowing the loot to be traded.

  3. #63
    Bloodsail Admiral Cryonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SYS 64738
    Posts
    1,060
    I don't think things would be tradable.

    * Too easy to obtain gear.
    * Massive debating after each boss (delaaaaay).
    ..:: Lvl 90's: 56 ::..

  4. #64
    I kinda like the way it works now less drama, do wish there was a was a way to disenchant it if you've already won it once, but might be too much of a flood of materials into the market.

  5. #65
    Sure it sucks not getting loot but i would rather see that they changed it so u cant get duplicates rather then being able to trade. The beggarspams for loot NO THANK YOU!!!! I voted NO, Dont allow it.

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by heinevilla View Post
    The meaning of the current loot rules are to stop exactly what you want...?
    If what you're suggestion came through, it would break LFR for good.
    Fx. 4 guys with full HC gear, queue with there newly dinged friend (let's say they all win a piece, maybe one of them 2) which they just can trade? Would this be fair?
    I know that the % chance for people to get loot isn't 100% nor 50%, but the chance is there.
    i just done lie shi for the 10th since since the release of terrace lfr and the only thing ive won bar gold is the same trink twice and a hunter that already has the sha touched gun wins another.... really blizz fix this something is really wrong

    if im winning double gold 8 times in a row on the only boss i actually need loot from something is wrong id happily pass loot on all other boss if i got a higher chance to get loot i could actually make use of.


    what a awesome system we have for lfr loot i just won a 2nd sha touched weapon on my ret.... / end sarcasm
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-01-23 at 12:45 PM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurgan View Post
    Sure it sucks not getting loot but i would rather see that they changed it so u cant get duplicates rather then being able to trade. The beggarspams for loot NO THANK YOU!!!! I voted NO, Dont allow it.
    Except in some cases a duplicate (or two) can be useful for your other specs.

    Very much prefer the system as it is now.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  8. #68
    Pit Lord gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by heinevilla View Post
    The meaning of the current loot rules are to stop exactly what you want...?
    If what you're suggestion came through, it would break LFR for good.
    Fx. 4 guys with full HC gear, queue with there newly dinged friend (let's say they all win a piece, maybe one of them 2) which they just can trade? Would this be fair?
    I know that the % chance for people to get loot isn't 100% nor 50%, but the chance is there.
    Why wouldnt that be fair? They didnt take the loot from anyone else, or roll on loot that they didnt need. They won the loot fair and square without taking anything away from anyone else. If they choose to help their friend gear up by giving it to them, how does that effect anyone?

  9. #69
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,780
    No, then Multiboxers will get faster full epic gear then usual pple.

  10. #70
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,053
    I think that'd be a good idea. Queue with friends and stuff is interchangeable between you guys if both are able to wear said piece.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I'm curious as to how one will be able to sell LFR gear? Sure, you could sell stuff to people from your server- but thats only if you queue with people from your server AND get the item to drop.
    FYI there were entire premades queuing together for LFR, needing on everything, then using GDKP system to sell the loot.

    Also, if you're from a low pop server the chance you meet someone who you can need for and then trade (gratis or for a fee) but if you're from a high pop realm the chance is much higher.

    At one point I needed on everything, and then I'd make sure a slacker or rude **** didn't get the item.

    Now, in a way I did like the LFR metagame, but I can see how it does not work. You cannot trade the loot because it is individual loot table. If you got something others could use, best is to actually not tell them. They can't gain from it, they can't trade, and they most likely don't know you and therefore don't give a rat. Plus, they cannot verify either.

    Not only is your suggestion terrible, I believe individual loot tables (which perhaps could be affected by % of output in a new iteration) are the way of the future in MMOs. GW2 dungeon, never any loot disputes, ever.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  12. #72
    For the sake of avoiding people begging you to give them items, I think it's best that you can't trade it.

    It's fine as it is.

  13. #73
    They like how long it currently takes to gear up in LFR. If they did anything like trading, they would reduce the drop rates to compensate. That would suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Doesn't this defeat the entire reason they made the change.
    Yes, yes it does.

  14. #74
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,101
    Bah... I want to say yes for all you wow players because I know the pain of never winning or getting loot from raids, but that seems like it's going too far.

  15. #75
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,302
    IT IS GOD DAMN FREE LOOT.

    Stop complaining!
    Go back to 4.2 and you had to actually earn it with skill, now you get it on a plate. Stop complaining if you get double, your lucky to get anything.
    Compare gearing up for raiding; 4.2 -> 5.0.
    4.2 was dungeons + epics and the previous raid.
    5.0 is running LFR for free loot, and stuff from dailies. 100000x easier.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  16. #76
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Doesn't this defeat the entire reason they made the change.
    I've always considered the main reason for the change a way as avoiding ninjaing. In the old system, a player would roll on an item they didn't need, or even want, and then try selling it, effectively stealing it from someone else to make a profit.

    In the system the OP suggests, you could sell the loot, but you aren't stealing from anyone.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 05:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    For the sake of avoiding people begging you to give them items, I think it's best that you can't trade it.

    It's fine as it is.
    As long as they keep the loot drops personal, there is no reason beggars would think you got a drop (unless you brag about it in chat, then you only have yourself to blame).
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-01-23 at 01:17 PM.

  17. #77
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    I really wish blizzard would change the LFR loot system, just slightly.
    Not have it the way it was but...........

    ........ let's say you queue for LFR, with some friends, or guildies, so your joining as a party for LFR, queue pops your in, bosses fall over, few of you do not need any loot of x boss but your friend in your party you queued with does, but you get a piece of loot you already had, or do not need, but one of your party members you queued with, could use the loot You got, I think we should then be able to trade that loot within people we have queued with.

    Instead of seeing it being disenchanted or vendered.

    We are not seeing who gets what loot, it is not like the old LFR loot system, so why not allow us too trade the loot and possibly put it to better use if we desired, by trading it ?
    Although I can immediately see how this would benefit me and many others, I think overall it would be a bad design decision for the game because people will start exploiting this feature to try and maximise their potential loot.

    Trade would be full of spam with people trying to stack specific classes for LFR "share" runs. Imagine groups with 15 hunters and 8 Shaman. Or how about a cloth dps raid.

    Critically though, this would create opportunities for loot drama. Which is exactly what Blizzard wanted to avoid altogether.


    At first glance it looks like a neat idea, but when you stop to think about it, it will just cause problems....

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've always considered the main reason for the change a way as avoiding ninjaing. In the old system, a player would roll on an item they didn't need, or even want, and then try selling it, effectively stealing it from someone else to make a profit.
    (Or DE it before their eyes.)

    Actually, what you say isn't accurate. Blizzard said their primary reason was to streamline the experience, reducing the need to communicate. So that's the drama/loot thing on a macro level.

    Now, by the suggested revision, you'd actually get more required communication between realmies.

    In the system the OP suggests, you could sell the loot, but you aren't stealing from anyone.
    True but it stimulates GDKP, massive guild premades.

    The only reason to premade now is to have less morons in your group, have fun with friends, or get a quick queue from a class who can queue as healer (I used to get gold for that in DS).

    Either way I think the primary reason it isn't possible to is to increase the longevity of LFR. The suggestion would make those who are from high pop realm, and organize premades, to skip a part of the LFR grind.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Although I can immediately see how this would benefit me and many others, I think overall it would be a bad design decision for the game because people will start exploiting this feature to try and maximise their potential loot.

    Trade would be full of spam with people trying to stack specific classes for LFR "share" runs. Imagine groups with 15 hunters and 8 Shaman. Or how about a cloth dps raid.
    That's what we did back in DS. Omg, 21 people rolling for protector. No shit Sherlock, we're gearing up our new paladin tank tonight. The badly geared one who just came back from a 1 year WoW break. Yeah, the retri in tank gear. That one. You don't like it? Well... we're running this place, tough luck bud.

    Seen it, been there, done it.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •