Deleted

DRW and diseases

G'day!

Lately I've been experiencing some strange behaviour/issues with DRW combined with diseases, and I figured I'd ask if anyone here has seen the same thing/knows the cause.

What's happening is that I sometimes don't get two (just one) sets of dots on the target while using DRW. Following this blood boil (scarlet fever) sometimes doesn't work properly (not refreshing the one set that was applied, I suppose this is due to the one set applied being from DRW). A different but probably related issue is that I sometimes get two sets of dots on the target (when using DRW) but can't transfer more than one of them with pestilience. Neither of these are simply UI issues (all the time), I've confirmed that the targets sometimes just take damage from one set.

Thanks
    Cookie
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-23 at 12:49 AM.

1) DRW takes a couple seconds to actually start doing anything so if you're outbreaking/ps/it right after you summon it that's why
    2) DRW doesn't copy some aoe stuff like pestilence, why it doesn't spread the diseases when you pestilence and why blood boil only refreshes your set of dots. you'll have to refresh the diseases individually or with outbreak near the end if you want to increase the DRW's dots

i'm not a super expert on drw though ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    im pretty sure drw does pestilence, but not one triggered by roiling blood. So you actually need to pestilence instead blood boil if you want drw to spread diseases
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    1) DRW takes a couple seconds to actually start doing anything so if you're outbreaking/ps/it right after you summon it that's why
    2) DRW doesn't copy some aoe stuff like pestilence, why it doesn't spread the diseases when you pestilence and why blood boil only refreshes your set of dots. you'll have to refresh the diseases individually or with outbreak near the end if you want to increase the DRW's dots

i'm not a super expert on drw though ^_^
    1.) Thanks, might explain why I just get one set applied, but 'should not' be the reason blood boil sometimes doesn't refresh this one set (or why I sometimes can't transfer both with pesti, when I get two sets). I suppose I'll try holding off applying the diseases a bit and see if it affects the other issues as well.
    2.) If you use pestilience (the actual skill, not roiling blood) it does copy the dots of DRW as well.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-23 at 01:01 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    you have to apply a second set of diseases with DRW (outbreak works nice).

DRW does not work with rolling blood, but does work with pestilence.

Also note that DRW will delay in mimicking your attacks (those that it does copy, that is). If you cast a spell near the tail end, it's possible that DRW won't end up casting it. I've also just had DRW plain not mimic spells (that it should) every now and then.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this while soloing stuff... I try and fit another ability in between popping DRW and using outbreak, just to "make sure" it's had enough time to register it. That usually seems to work.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The diseases drop when DRW expires, so it's not really worthwhile applying diseases on a single target unless Outbreak is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The diseases drop when DRW expires, so it's not really worthwhile applying diseases on a single target unless Outbreak is up.
    This is 100% wrong. There is just no way to refresh the diseases of your DRW if it's not up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I noticed about DRW, sort of related to OP, is that it copies soul reaper. I have two soul reaper debuffs ticking down on the boss but then only one hits for damage when the debuffs expire. Anyone know what's going on with that?
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    This is 100% wrong. There is just no way to refresh the diseases of your DRW if it's not up.
    Nope, I'm sure I'm right. I have Raven setup to show diseases on my target. When I hit outbreak after using DRW, they show up, two copies of Blood Plague and Frost Fever. Then 10s or so later two of them go away. Unless there's a bug with Raven or something, I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    Something I noticed about DRW, sort of related to OP, is that it copies soul reaper. I have two soul reaper debuffs ticking down on the boss but then only one hits for damage when the debuffs expire. Anyone know what's going on with that?
    DRW's soul reaper only deals damage if DRW still is up when the debuff expires, I suppose that kinda makes sense (or not:P).

Nope, I'm sure I'm right. I have Raven setup to show diseases on my target. When I hit outbreak after using DRW, they show up, two copies of Blood Plague and Frost Fever. Then 10s or so later two of them go away. Unless there's a bug with Raven or something, I guess?
    The diseases stays on the target for the entire duration, the combat text doesn't show the ticks after DRW disappears (for some reason) which I suppose might be the cause of the Raven bug.

@Everyone else, thanks for the advice! I guess I'll just have to hold on applying my diseases a little longer and just cry a bit inside when it doesn't work properly anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Once dancing rune weapon ends, the diseases are no longer "yours," hence why you can't refresh them. But lo and behold, they do indeed still tick away on the target.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    I've also just had DRW plain not mimic spells (that it should) every now and then.
    I've noticed that mostly on fights with moving bosses or adds fights where the DRW seems to randomly switch targets (and loses time doing so).

Deleted
    ^That happens constantly though, just another annoyance:P
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-01-23 at 03:48 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The soul reaper bit happens if the DK dies aswell, the source of it has to be alive for it to tick, be it DRW or DK. Bit annoying as it would be a brilliant way for revenge kills in PvP..I mean dots still ticks after you die, so why can't Soul reaper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    DRW's soul reaper only deals damage if DRW still is up when the debuff expires, I suppose that kinda makes sense (or not:P).

Thanks for the clearing that up. Thought my UI was glitched and it wasn't actually applying the second SR.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

As far as I can tell, DRW doesn't get the HS or BB benefits from your diseases, only its own. So it's generally helpful to use Outbreak as early as you can during the DRW duration, so long as the DRW has actually had time to begin copying you of course.

Since DRW scales exactly as well as you do with AP for AP-only attacks (its weapon damage is kinda funky, so Strikes end up weaker) it's usually worthwhile min/maxing to that extent. You can net quite a bit of extra aoe damage with Outbreak->Pestilence->BB spam.

Also, the size of the target seems to have a significant role on how long the DRW takes to active. Garalon, for example, is massive, and I generally spend 3 GCDs doing something else before I'm willing to risk an Outbreak. If I go for the leg though I've never had a problem Outbreaking after just 1 GCD.
    I'm assuming the DRW has some hidden travel time, where the weapon needs to get into position before it'll listen to orders.
    Last edited by Kiqjaq; 2013-01-23 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    The diseases stays on the target for the entire duration, the combat text doesn't show the ticks after DRW disappears (for some reason) which I suppose might be the cause of the Raven bug.
    Ahh. That would do it. It doesn't count as "your" damage, but as long as it hits the boss, it's worthwhile. Thanks for clearing that up.