Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The most powerful class characters in game.

Who are the most powerful characters in game of each class.

Example would be Thrall as the most powerful shaman, and Malfurion Stormrage as the most powerful druid.

Varian Wrynn has to be up there as the most powerful warrior along with Garrosh and Varok Saurfang.

Mage: Jaina Proudmoore

Warlock: Tough one, if not Kil'jaeden then probably a member of the Black Harvest

Priest: Velen

Druid: Malfurion

Rogue: Garona Halforcen?

Monk: Chen Stormstout

Hunter: Not sure if there really is a true Hunter, I'd say Sylvanas but she's a dark ranger, Rexxar's a Beast Master which I suppose is closest. Hemet Nesingwary?

Shaman: Thrall

Warrior: Garrosh Hellscream or Varian Wrynn

Paladin: Tirion Fordring

Death Knight: Darion Mograine I'd imagine, if not Bolvar Fordragon, But I'm not sure if he's really considered a Death Knight.

imo

Highlord Tyrion Fordring would probably be most the powerful paladin currently living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

As most lore/game NPCs are dual (or triple etc) classed which one would we specify?

For instance Medivh was both a mage and a warlock, and very powerful at both.

Sylvanas is also a sorcerer, while arguably being the most powerful hunter.

How about dead characters? like Rhonin?

Druid - Malfurion
    Priest - Tyrande (she actually used her power to annihilate enemies and shield herself from harm, Velen hasn't done crap)
    Hunter - Does Shandris Feathermoon count? Her skill with a bow is unparalleled
    Death Knight - Darion Mograine
    Paladin - Tirion Fordring
    Shaman - Thrall
    Monk - Is Taran Zhu a Monk? Taran Zhu is quite powerful at any rate, more so than Chen.
    Warrior - Lei Shen was a Warrior who took power from Ra-den. A new addition to the story but one of the most powerful mortal beings on Azeroth at the time.
    Mage - Azshara was the most powerful mage ever. Probably still is.
    Warlock - Gul'dan, he was able to sever the connection of elements with the land, thats incredibly powerful
    Rogue - This one is very hard. I don't know, I'd imagine the best rogues remain unseen and unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Druid - Malfurion
    Priest - Tyrande (she actually used her power to annihilate enemies and shield herself from harm, Velen hasn't done crap)
    Shaman - Thrall
    Monk - Is Taran Zhu a Monk? Taran Zhu is quite powerful at any rate, more so than Chen.
    Warrior - Lei Shen was a Warrior who took power from Ra-den. A new addition to the story but one of the most powerful mortal beings on Azeroth at the time.
    Warlock - Gul'dan, he was able to sever the connection of elements with the land, thats incredibly powerful
    Rogue - This one is very hard. I don't know, I'd imagine the best rogues remain unseen and unknown
    I don't think he is a monk, he fits more into the warrior catagory.

As for rogues: http://www.wowpedia.org/Rogue#Notable_rogues Take your pick. My money is on Garona.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Rogue - probably Garona
    Monk - pretty sure Chen is stronger overall, than Taran Zhu, assuming Taran Zhu is a monk
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid - Malfurion
    Shaman - Thrall
    Rogue: Garona
    Death Knight: Arthas
    Black Lives Matter

if the monkey king is anything like his real life legendary counterpart, sun wukong (or son goku in japan), than he's definitely the most powerful monk lol

"Sun Wukong possesses an immense amount of strength; he is able to lift his 13,500 jīn (8,100 kg or 17,881 lbs) staff with ease. He is also superbly fast, able to travel 108,000 li (54,000 kilometers or 33,554 mi) in one somersault. Sun knows 72 transformations, which allows him to transform into various animals and objects; he has trouble, however, transforming into other people, because he is unable to complete the transformation of his tail. He is a skilled fighter, capable of holding his own against the best generals of heaven. Each of his hairs possesses magical properties, and is capable of transforming either into a clone of the Monkey King himself, or various weapons, animals, and other objects. He also knows spells that can command wind, part water, conjure protective circles against demons, and freeze humans, demons, and gods alike."
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Rogue: Garona
    Death Knight: Arthas
    Garona isn't very powerful imo, Vancleef headed a criminal organisation that crippled the Alliance, all Garona did was betray someone who trusted her. I'll go with Vancleef for most powerful rogue, since the T9 alliance stuff pays homage to him.
    I overlooked Arthas as he ascended to something more when he merged with the Lich King, which is what he was when he died.

The Legendary PC Rogue actually hunted down and killed most of the black dragons... he/she's gotta be up there lol

Garona isn't very powerful imo, Vancleef headed a criminal organisation that crippled the Alliance, all Garona did was betray someone who trusted her. I'll go with Vancleef for most powerful rogue, since the T9 alliance stuff pays homage to him.
    I overlooked Arthas as he ascended to something more when he merged with the Lich King, which is what he was when he died.
    The Horde version pays homage to Garona.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

the horde's t9 pays homage to garona ಠ_ರೃ

Deleted
    most powerfull warrior ever? Varian wrynn no question

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    The Horde version pays homage to Garona.
    I'm aware of that. Garona still isn't powerful compared to Vancleef.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the OP is meaning individual power, not collective power.

Garona routinely assassinated people or groups of people for Cho'Gall, Van'cleef routinely sat on his boat and had his underlings fight for him.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

vancleef was not really strong. the fact that 5 beginners at adventuring killed him is laughable. the reason he got to cripple the alliance wasn't due to personal power, but charisma. he had a lot of people behind his back who were equally unsatisfied with the situation of the kingdom of stormwind and it's nobles. by himself, he would have achieved nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I believe the OP is meaning individual power, not collective power.

Garona routinely assassinated people or groups of people for Cho'Gall, Van'cleef routinely sat on his boat and had his underlings fight for him.
    A leader is a powerful individual, and gained their power through action, in his case. Either way, there's a distinct lack of strong rogues that stand out in lore. I'd prefer not the default onto Garona when an alternative exists

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    vancleef was not really strong. the fact that 5 beginners at adventuring killed him is laughable.
    Sylvanas was felled by a disgrunted forsaken with a shotgun, I guess she's a worthless tart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin is without a doubt Scarlet Highlord Alexandros Mograine, The Ashbringer. Despite the fact that he is no longer alive, he is still the most powerful paladin in lore.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.