Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Jewelcrafting Changes 5.2

    Is there any JC changes planed to add missing JC Gem like Mystic Serpents Eye?

    thnx and greetings

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    Is there any JC changes planed to add missing JC Gem like Mystic Serpents Eye?

    thnx and greetings
    Considering that Cataclysm had no changes to currently existing gems, I doubt MoP will be any different.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,246
    i have not seen any announced changes, they may add a few gem recipes without adding it to the notes there were some small things like that missing in cata too.

    They may however add some vanity things like moar pets and the like.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    Is there any JC changes planed to add missing JC Gem like Mystic Serpents Eye?

    thnx and greetings
    Im positive they are going to add pvp versions of Serpents Eye. I cant find the post right now but i know they stated it about a month ago or something like that.

    EDIT: I actually made a really lucky google-search and found the post i was referring to;
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16408

    Gems such as http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/93406-willful-serpents-eye and http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/93405-lucent-serpents-eye are mentioned but surely there will be all variations of them.
    Last edited by saltyharbls; 2013-01-23 at 08:06 PM.

  5. #5
    How do you guys think the new legendary metagem will affect the current metagem market?

    As seen on one of Wow Joystiq's latest articles. (can't post links yet)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilacrazor View Post
    How do you guys think the new legendary metagem will affect the current metagem market?

    As seen on one of Wow Joystiq's latest articles. (can't post links yet)
    It will mostly kill any chance of ppl making gold from it... its already garbage with all the excess herbs/ore out there and bots working on them...

    On my server If you don't bot up or you don't camp AH 24/7 you just can't do gold... you get undercut by 5 ppl in 10 mins when ure already posting for a 10...20% margin...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-01-24 at 04:24 PM.

  7. #7
    People claiming the legendary meta gem will destroy the meta gem market are crazy. People will have one on their main character sure, however not everyone runs with just 1 character.

    Alt's will, as always, be the main income for JC's. Meta gems for alts will be a big thing for quite some time. Sure it may slow down slightly but it will not be as drastic as everyone is dooming and glooming about.

  8. #8
    I don't rly see any alts getting fast access to legednary meta, you need at least 6 weeks of valor grind + probably same ammount for other quests before u even get to 5.2 quest line. Meta gems will be in a good spot imo

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I don't rly see any alts getting fast access to legednary meta, you need at least 6 weeks of valor grind + probably same ammount for other quests before u even get to 5.2 quest line. Meta gems will be in a good spot imo
    While it might take people months to reach the legendary meta, once they have it, they will not buy a normal meta until 6.0.

    At the absolute minimum there is still a year in this expansion, probably more. That means that for 6 months or even a year the meta gem market will be seriously crippled. The meta market will not die a sudden death when 5.2 will come out, but it will waste away slowly but surely.
    Last edited by Leobald; 2013-01-29 at 12:24 PM.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    i cant see people ever buying a standard meta once they get the legendary one. unlike the 500 stat gems, the meta's will likely last for the rest of the expansion

  11. #11
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i cant see people ever buying a standard meta once they get the legendary one. unlike the 500 stat gems, the meta's will likely last for the rest of the expansion
    Unles like me, you don't do the legendary quest line.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Unles like me, you don't do the legendary quest line.
    Agreed. Ghostcrawler (check his tweets) stated that he didn't believe common gems would be affected. By their statistics, a relatively small portion of the player-base is progressing on the legendary questline.

  13. #13
    New JCing stuff. Looks like a new way (more expensive) to make Primal Diamonds and another use for Serpent's Eyes.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Jewelcrafting
    • Primal Diamond (New) Create a Primal Diamond.
    • Serpent's Heart (New) Combine Serpent's Eyes once a day to create a Serpent's Heart.
    Art of Hozen-fu:
    Grab, stab and ookin bite it.
    Repeat until win

  14. #14
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Agreed. Ghostcrawler (check his tweets) stated that he didn't believe common gems would be affected. By their statistics, a relatively small portion of the player-base is progressing on the legendary questline.
    what?! really? i thought every single person was doing it, at least on their main.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 02:02 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    New JCing stuff. Looks like a new way (more expensive) to make Primal Diamonds and another use for Serpent's Eyes.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Jewelcrafting
    • Primal Diamond (New) Create a Primal Diamond.
    • Serpent's Heart (New) Combine Serpent's Eyes once a day to create a Serpent's Heart.
    good. because serpents eyes are barely worth making atm for me

  15. #15
    Dreadlord Tarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    787
    If we cant sell the metal gemz we gona sell the others.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilacrazor View Post
    How do you guys think the new legendary metagem will affect the current metagem market?

    As seen on one of Wow Joystiq's latest articles. (can't post links yet)
    If we are lucky, new legendary gems is additional with mop meta gem and wont replace it. We will see soon.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    People claiming the legendary meta gem will destroy the meta gem market are crazy. People will have one on their main character sure, however not everyone runs with just 1 character.

    Alt's will, as always, be the main income for JC's. Meta gems for alts will be a big thing for quite some time. Sure it may slow down slightly but it will not be as drastic as everyone is dooming and glooming about.
    Tunnel vision and how proud are the people using it.... Of course that there will always be an alt in need of those metagems. Good thing is that those doomsayers can't chant for long before either someone points out the failure in the thought or the actual model show it's not destructive as they pray.

  18. #18
    finally something good

  19. #19
    jc and engineering is best ! who cars for changes

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    I wander when these bad boys will be hitting the market
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=3?filte...9;crs=12;crv=0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •