Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jewelcrafting Changes 5.2

Is there any JC changes planed to add missing JC Gem like Mystic Serpents Eye?

thnx and greetings

Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post

thnx and greetings
    Considering that Cataclysm had no changes to currently existing gems, I doubt MoP will be any different.

i have not seen any announced changes, they may add a few gem recipes without adding it to the notes there were some small things like that missing in cata too.

They may however add some vanity things like moar pets and the like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post

thnx and greetings
    Im positive they are going to add pvp versions of Serpents Eye. I cant find the post right now but i know they stated it about a month ago or something like that.

EDIT: I actually made a really lucky google-search and found the post i was referring to;
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16408

Gems such as http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/93406-willful-serpents-eye and http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/93405-lucent-serpents-eye are mentioned but surely there will be all variations of them.
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-01-23 at 08:06 PM.

How do you guys think the new legendary metagem will affect the current metagem market?

As seen on one of Wow Joystiq's latest articles. (can't post links yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilacrazor View Post
    How do you guys think the new legendary metagem will affect the current metagem market?

It will mostly kill any chance of ppl making gold from it... its already garbage with all the excess herbs/ore out there and bots working on them...

On my server If you don't bot up or you don't camp AH 24/7 you just can't do gold... you get undercut by 5 ppl in 10 mins when ure already posting for a 10...20% margin...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-01-24 at 04:24 PM.

People claiming the legendary meta gem will destroy the meta gem market are crazy. People will have one on their main character sure, however not everyone runs with just 1 character.

Alt's will, as always, be the main income for JC's. Meta gems for alts will be a big thing for quite some time. Sure it may slow down slightly but it will not be as drastic as everyone is dooming and glooming about.

I don't rly see any alts getting fast access to legednary meta, you need at least 6 weeks of valor grind + probably same ammount for other quests before u even get to 5.2 quest line. Meta gems will be in a good spot imo

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I don't rly see any alts getting fast access to legednary meta, you need at least 6 weeks of valor grind + probably same ammount for other quests before u even get to 5.2 quest line. Meta gems will be in a good spot imo
    While it might take people months to reach the legendary meta, once they have it, they will not buy a normal meta until 6.0.

At the absolute minimum there is still a year in this expansion, probably more. That means that for 6 months or even a year the meta gem market will be seriously crippled. The meta market will not die a sudden death when 5.2 will come out, but it will waste away slowly but surely.
    Last edited by Leobald; 2013-01-29 at 12:24 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i cant see people ever buying a standard meta once they get the legendary one. unlike the 500 stat gems, the meta's will likely last for the rest of the expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    i cant see people ever buying a standard meta once they get the legendary one. unlike the 500 stat gems, the meta's will likely last for the rest of the expansion
    Unles like me, you don't do the legendary quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Unles like me, you don't do the legendary quest line.
    Agreed. Ghostcrawler (check his tweets) stated that he didn't believe common gems would be affected. By their statistics, a relatively small portion of the player-base is progressing on the legendary questline.

New JCing stuff. Looks like a new way (more expensive) to make Primal Diamonds and another use for Serpent's Eyes.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Jewelcrafting
    • Primal Diamond (New) Create a Primal Diamond.
    • Serpent's Heart (New) Combine Serpent's Eyes once a day to create a Serpent's Heart.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Agreed. Ghostcrawler (check his tweets) stated that he didn't believe common gems would be affected. By their statistics, a relatively small portion of the player-base is progressing on the legendary questline.
    what?! really? i thought every single person was doing it, at least on their main.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    New JCing stuff. Looks like a new way (more expensive) to make Primal Diamonds and another use for Serpent's Eyes.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Jewelcrafting
    • Primal Diamond (New) Create a Primal Diamond.
    • Serpent's Heart (New) Combine Serpent's Eyes once a day to create a Serpent's Heart.
    good. because serpents eyes are barely worth making atm for me

If we cant sell the metal gemz we gona sell the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilacrazor View Post

If we are lucky, new legendary gems is additional with mop meta gem and wont replace it. We will see soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    People claiming the legendary meta gem will destroy the meta gem market are crazy. People will have one on their main character sure, however not everyone runs with just 1 character.

Alt's will, as always, be the main income for JC's. Meta gems for alts will be a big thing for quite some time. Sure it may slow down slightly but it will not be as drastic as everyone is dooming and glooming about.
    Tunnel vision and how proud are the people using it.... Of course that there will always be an alt in need of those metagems. Good thing is that those doomsayers can't chant for long before either someone points out the failure in the thought or the actual model show it's not destructive as they pray.

finally something good

jc and engineering is best ! who cars for changes

I wander when these bad boys will be hitting the market
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=3?filte...9;crs=12;crv=0