Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You do realize that every single expansion has a worst feature, right? TBC had a worst feature, as did WotLK and Cata. Does that mean that every hardcore raider that quit did so because of that particular feature?
    No and I never said that so I don't know what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

"This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

Nobody left because of dailies. I promise.

I guess what pisses me off most is that there aren't raiding guild concerts where I can sleep with the raiders after the show. Well, at least I can make a new "Evodus" t-shirt and wear it 24/7.

Hold off on the T-Shirt, Evodus is just temp name.

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    I guess what pisses me off most is that there aren't raiding guild concerts where I can sleep with the raiders after the show. Well, at least I can make a new "Evodus" t-shirt and wear it 24/7.
    Exodus is taken like we have to wait haha

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's the thing, once you step into heroic mode raiding, you don't go back down to "normal mode raiding." It's either HM raiding or you quit. Trust me, I know this feeling.

I'm sure it works the same for absolute top tier guilds, once you are at that level and play at that level, you can't easily just step down to a casual guild, at that point you might as well just stop raiding altogether.
    i raided with Vis Maior in BC and early wolk. it was very easy to go semi-hardcore after that. i know a lot of former hardcore raiders who've gone semi-hardcore, or even full on casual.

people get older, people grow out of the game. a lot of the new high caliber players that they would be recruiting are more interested in 10 mans right now because 25s are starting to be regarded as a relic or a lost cause.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

they are gonna do pretty good together i hope

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i raided with Vis Maior in BC and early wolk. it was very easy to go semi-hardcore after that. i know a lot of former hardcore raiders who've gone semi-hardcore, or even full on casual.

people get older, people grow out of the game. a lot of the new high caliber players that they would be recruiting are more interested in 10 mans right now because 25s are starting to be regarded as a relic or a lost cause.
    You do realize there are only a couple 10 man guilds in the top 40 right?

10-mans pose little to no threat to the top tier of hardcore guilds. Essentially there is Paragon..... and that's about it.
    Fangthorn <Temerity> Windrunner - US

US #15 @ 3 Days - 12 Hours / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    You do realize there are only a couple 10 man guilds in the top 40 right?

10-mans pose little to no threat to the top tier of hardcore guilds. Essentially there is Paragon..... and that's about it.

where do you think they would be recruiting from? are they just conjuring these raiders up from the ether? the generation that vodka and exodus are coming from is slowly quitting or going casual as they get older. the new generation of raiders that has the potential to be on their level isn't interested in 25s.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

If you take the first letter of each name and make a full circle around the alphabet, E is 9 letters away from V.

9 = 3 * 3
    2 * 333 = 666.

Coincidence? I think not.

I have to say I think VExodus would've been a better name, not a big fan of "Evodus."

Also sad to see another 25 man guild die. Wondering when that 'controversial' change to help fix them will actually happen.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    how do u combine alcohol with a book in the bible????

on a real note. what ever good luck tothem

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I have to say I think VExodus would've been a better name, not a big fan of "Evodus."

Also sad to see another 25 man guild die. Wondering when that 'controversial' change to help fix them will actually happen.
    Not sure I buy the whole "larger picture" thing.

My understanding is that vodka's GM Grafarian just drifted away and stopped playing WoW and vodka decided to take their players and join up with Exodus' leadership. Vodka left some other players in addition to losing their GM, but it's not a textbook "guild couldn't get recruits; fell apart" scenario.

So 25 man incentives wouldn't have done much here.

Ensidia merged to envy, worked out good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Any proof of that? Or random talk.
    Look at Apathy's signature. Then click on the warlock. That should be proof enough that he/she knows what they are talking about.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Best of luck to them, my 2 favorite US guilds, now let's hope it works out for them.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    how do u combine alcohol with a book in the bible????

on a real note. what ever good luck tothem
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/43969398...afe-holy-bible
    Since you asked!

The merger sounds like good news and I can't wait to see what the results will be.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

where do you think they would be recruiting from? are they just conjuring these raiders up from the ether? the generation that vodka and exodus are coming from is slowly quitting or going casual as they get older. the new generation of raiders that has the potential to be on their level isn't interested in 25s.
    I guess you do not get it.... Its pretty simple, there is no "they". Besides Paragon there is literally no 10 man guilds even close to the very top teir of raiders, and only a couple in the top 40.

Some math: if 35 of the top 40 are 25 mans, that's over 1000 top teir raiders to just 60. Read that a couple times if you still do not get it... That is assuming 30 and 12 man rosters.

25 mans are completely dominate in hardcore raiding, with the exception of one Finnish guild that does not recruit and is a very special case.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-01-23 at 05:58 PM.
    Fangthorn <Temerity> Windrunner - US

US #15 @ 3 Days - 12 Hours / Week

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I don't know. I did heroic raiding ToC-Firelands and dragon soul/MoP are fine for me casually with LFR and such. But to each his own.
    I would consider only doing LFR the same as 'quitting raiding', but maybe that's just me...

I skimmed through this thread but didn't see anything. Did grafarion just quit, or did he legitely disappear and no one knows why?