Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

RNG chance for more Eler Charms

So, as the title says, according to the front page, we'll get a RNG chance from a daily quest reward box to get extra Elder Charms.

Personally, I've disliked the fact that I need to do dailies for Elder Charms ever since it was implemented, but at least I got to pick which ones I wanted to do to reach the 90 Lesser Charms per week. The 5.2 extra chance for Elder Charms seems to only come from 1 source: Sunreaver/Kirin Tor dailies. I think that is a terrible idea. Can anybody give a decent argument for why a RNG chance to get an item that gives you a RNG chance to get extra loot is a good idea?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Can anybody give a decent argument for why a RNG chance to get an item that gives you a RNG chance to get extra loot is a good idea?
    While I don't think that it's necessarily a great idea, doesn't one welcome more ways to obtain things?

(I can't comment further because I've yet to play MoP.)

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    While I don't think that it's necessarily a great idea, doesn't one welcome more ways to obtain things?

(I can't comment further because I've yet to play MoP.)
    The main complaint about MoP so far has been that we have to do dailies to remain "competitive", but at least we had a choice in which dailies we wanted to do. The current implementation of the 5.2 extra charms is tied to one set of dailies, and is a random chance. So person A could potentially get 7 extra charms per week, while person B gets none. That means person A can just throw coins at all bosses he kills except 4(if you count both world bosses), while person B has to carefully decide when to use his base 3 coins per week.
    I've personally experienced this, where I didn't get anything from coins, while the hunter in our raid was fully geared except for his weapon in 2 weeks from a combination of insane drop luck and insane coin luck.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

-snip-
    This is something I don't understand. You state that in order to stay "competitive", you need to have top-of-the-line gear. Is your guild that competitive that a piece of gear, here and there, will determine who gets sit and who doesn't? Perhaps I was with some different guilds with drastically different raiding philosophies, but I was never "not competitive" because I wasn't getting a drop. And I'm talking Sunwell here. But, again, I haven't played MoP, so perhaps I'm incorrect.

Oh, Jesus Christ. People just complain about ANYTHING nowadays.

Be thankful they even implemented the extra elder charms. They didn't even have to do that. But they did, and yet you are ungrateful because you feel you're being forced into specific dailies which, btw, you ARE going to do anyway if you wish to remain "competitive."

This kind of mind set in the community really needs to stop. Entitlement feels stronger now in MMOs than it has ever been before. If you're not being handed what you want, when you want it and HOW you want it, to the exact fucking decimal, you are unhappy and complain. Shit, I almost feel like if you were 100% happy with WoW you would probably complain that WoW needed something to make you unhappy. That it was "TOO PERFECT."

Deleted
    I love the irony with all this.. Do dailys for a random chance to get a item that give you a random chance to get an extra item during a raid..

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Oh, Jesus Christ. People just complain about ANYTHING nowadays.

Be thankful they even implemented the extra elder charms. They didn't even have to do that. But they did, and yet you are ungrateful because you feel you're being forced into specific dailies which, btw, you ARE going to do anyway if you wish to remain "competitive."

This kind of mind set in the community really needs to stop. Entitlement feels stronger now in MMOs than it has ever been before. If you're not being handed what you want, when you want it and HOW you want it, to the exact fucking decimal, you are unhappy and complain. Shit, I almost feel like if you were 100% happy with WoW you would probably complain that WoW needed something to make you unhappy. That it was "TOO PERFECT."
    No, I wasn't going to do those dailies every day until they added the chance for Elder Charms, because Blizzard has said that the VP gear in 5.2 WON'T be tied to the daily quest reputations. And no, I don't want everything to cater to me specifically, I want Blizzard to stop promising us that we get to make decisions about what we want to do, and then decide to tie items that are only useable in raids to dailies(as an example)
    If they want us to log in outside of raid times, they don't need to make it important to raiding, they need to make it FUN. They've added some fun stuff that doesn't give raiding related rewards in MoP, such as Challenge Modes, Pet Battles and the Brawler's Guild, but many people don't have time for those, because the time they spend online outside of raids is spent on dailies instead of the fun aspects of the game.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's RNG, because anything that isn't RNG is guaranteed. Guaranteed comes in two flavors: Instant and over time.

Getting a guaranteed gold charm per day would be overkill and is certainly not intended by Blizz.

Getting a guaranteed gold charm after x days is what we have already.

So RNG is the way to go.

Be thankful they even implemented the extra elder charms. They didn't even have to do that.
    I would prefer they never implemented elder charms. I would prefer to only log in for raids and guild activities than log in every day to do a set of chores.

Tying a currency that is extremely beneficial to raiding to only daily quests was the biggest mistake in MoP, imo.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So no one remembers the RNG involved when it came to getting badges from Shattered Sun dailies? Same story....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I would prefer they never implemented elder charms. I would prefer to only log in for raids and guild activities than log in every day to do a set of chores.

Tying a currency that is extremely beneficial to raiding to only daily quests was the biggest mistake in MoP, imo.
    I completely agree. I'd rather just log on for raids, guild stuff and to do things that are fun to me(a couple of arenas here and there, challenge modes, whatever I feel like), instead of spending all the time I spend on WoW outside of raids on dailies.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Implementing gold coins was a bad idea from day 1. Not only will you be dissapointed when a certain item won't drop from a boss, but now you do dailys in order to most likely be dissapointed for the 2nd time. I understand why blizzard made the decition as people where complaining about items never dropping. It does sound smart on paper, but judging by the respond from the WoW community the coins should have been removed from the game. The only thing they promote are dailys which has made alts quite unhappy in MoP. Being able to receive more coins every week is not the way to go as a lot of people WILL feel forced to try and get these everyday.

If we can care less about loot and instead focus more on actually downing that one boss and then keep on progressing, then these coins would not even matter anymore, and people would not care as long as they didn't actually need an extra item because of bad DPS and so on.

It's so obvious, it's slapping you all in the face, and you don't see it. This is clearly a ploy to get people to actually DO the new dailies. They have hear mounting complaints about how people "don't like dailies" and "Dailies are the worst thing ever". What better way to get more people to actually do the dailies they work on than to make them more attractive in the easiest way possible?

I for one enjoy the extras, I was going to do it for story anyways, after that, I'll stop. The skyshards didn't motivate me, these ones won't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So no one remembers the RNG involved when it came to getting badges from Shattered Sun dailies? Same story....
    And it was shitty design back then too.

No, I wasn't going to do those dailies every day until they added the chance for Elder Charms, because Blizzard has said that the VP gear in 5.2 WON'T be tied to the daily quest reputations. And no, I don't want everything to cater to me specifically, I want Blizzard to stop promising us that we get to make decisions about what we want to do, and then decide to tie items that are only useable in raids to dailies(as an example)
    If they want us to log in outside of raid times, they don't need to make it important to raiding, they need to make it FUN. They've added some fun stuff that doesn't give raiding related rewards in MoP, such as Challenge Modes, Pet Battles and the Brawler's Guild, but many people don't have time for those, because the time they spend online outside of raids is spent on dailies instead of the fun aspects of the game.
    Having a 15% extra chance for loot while using an item that has a random chance of even being given to you in the first place is going to hurt your competition? Really? Get over yourself.

If you weren't planning on doing the dailies, and still aren't planning on doing the dailies, I don't see why you feel you have the right to complain about it. Someone MAYBE having small chance to POSSIBLY win a 15% chance to POSSIBLY win a piece of gear from ONE boss, which isn't even guaranteed to be the item they WANT is not going to hurt you in any way, shape or form.

Don't wanna do the Thunder Isle dailies? Don't do them. Simple. Keep earning your gear from raids. They made the 5.2 rep gear only earn-able through the faction which can only be advanced by clearing the raid. Was that not enough for you? Why do you feel so compelled to complain about a near less than 5% possibility that someone might win an extra piece of loot than you did? I'd like to remind you people cleared heroic MSV, HoF and ToES while still way, WAY under the suggested ilevels.

-snip-
    Me doing daily quests and getting elder charms has contributed over 15 items to the raid this tier. When you have ten players doing it, that's a pretty huge fucking deal.

Also, believe it or not, more gear helps at any skill or progression level. More gear allows more mistakes, and reduces possible mistakes by shortening fights.

Having a 15% extra chance for loot while using an item that has a random chance of even being given to you in the first place is going to hurt your competition? Really? Get over yourself.

If you weren't planning on doing the dailies, and still aren't planning on doing the dailies, I don't see why you feel you have the right to complain about it. Someone MAYBE having small chance to POSSIBLY win a 15% chance to POSSIBLY win a piece of gear from ONE boss, which isn't even guaranteed to be the item they WANT is not going to hurt you in any way, shape or form.

Don't wanna do the Thunder Isle dailies? Don't do them. Simple. Keep earning your gear from raids. They made the 5.2 rep gear only earn-able through the faction which can only be advanced by clearing the raid. Was that not enough for you? Why do you feel so compelled to complain about a near less than 5% possibility that someone might win an extra piece of loot than you did? I'd like to remind you people cleared heroic MSV, HoF and ToES while still way, WAY under the suggested ilevels.
    They only cleared heroic MSV "way under the suggested ilevels", when they got to HoF and ToES they already had a ton of heroic gear from the previous raids, at least some of which was from coins.
    I wasn't planning on doing the dailies, but if the Elder Charms stay in, I most likely will, because I want to be as geared as possible. The "just don't do it if you don't want to" argument doesn't work. And I couldn't care less if others(outside of my raidgroup) get items from coins, but I'm not going to pass on a chance to get more loot. I dislike the fact that to get that extra loot, I have to do a type of content that doesn't interest me at all, and now I have to do a specific part of that uninteresting content, instead of at least getting to choose which uninteresting content I want to do each day.
    There was literally no reason to add Elder Charms to the Thunder Isle dailies right after telling us that raiders wouldn't have to do them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    This is exactly what annoys me with dailies in MoP... Everytime I have time left over they go for the charms. And before it was even worse because I had to farm for rep gear to do anything with my valor. Now I can just use the upgrade feature and that is good enough for me.

And saying that you dont have to do dailies is just BS and it have always been. Getting a shot at a extra piece of gear is too good to just give up. Going from a 450/463(471) ilvl trinket/wep to a 489+(and upgrades with valor now) is quite a big deal. Especially on progression where every part of gear actually helps you to get close to the enrage and gives you more def to be able to survive shit.

I just dont get why they can add Elder charms as a ~15% chance from daily heroic too. And please up the valor after the first heroic >.<' Capping valor is a pain if you get benched for a week.

RNG chance to get an RNG coin for loot incase the RNG didn't cause your item to drop from the boss or the RNG didn't have your roll win.

RNG is RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    RNG chance to get an RNG coin for loot incase the RNG didn't cause your item to drop from the boss or the RNG didn't have your roll win.

RNG is RNG is RNG.
    And adding more of it for no reason is a bad idea.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU