Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Dagger, Mace & Sword

Someone could explain me WHY lock and mage are still able to use SWORD (when there aren't caster swords) and not able to use mace? what's the blizzard problem?
    (i'm frustrated about heirloom mace and no one heirloom caster sword or dagger)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just a finesse look problem. I see Gandalf wielding a sword on the Hobbit and it just feels natural even though he just uses it to hack at goblins, but I can't imagine him using a heavy and blunt object like a mace or an axe. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shaminkio View Post
    Someone could explain me WHY lock and mage are still able to use SWORD (when there aren't caster swords) and not able to use mace? what's the blizzard problem?
    There are staffs that pretty much do all casters.

But then there is the spellpower mace which suits healing pallys and shaman (due to paladins not being able to use staves and paladins/shaman using shields - though these days shaman don't tend to really worry about using a shield that much)

Don't see the big deal really, there are heirlooms for mages and locks, what diff does it make?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    (due to paladins not being able to use staves and paladins/shaman using shields - though these days shaman don't tend to really worry about using a shield that much)
    This is also because there is currently 1 epic caster shield out there and we all know RNG can be...disappointing.

Can't remember the name right now, but on my Paladin I got that epic caster sword. The one from the Terrace raid instance (+sha touched socket).

-Dwemer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwemer View Post
    This is also because there is currently 1 epic caster shield out there and we all know RNG can be...disappointing.

Can't remember the name right now, but on my Paladin I got that epic caster sword. The one from the Terrace raid instance (+sha touched socket).

-Dwemer
    Yeah, shields are few and far between, it used to be that if you didnt use a shield as a shaman caster/healer you got ripped to pieces by people claiming you were doing it wrong! haha, but these days its more accpeted that off hands/staves are all perfectly fine.(I think alot had to do with main hand/offhand combos giving slightly more stats back in TBC at least before they fixed that issue and made staves and off hand combos be closer to stats)

There are caster swords out there has been for a long time, I think the OP was only referring to their being no caster sword heirlooms (I love the looks of that sword you mentioned soo pretty <3 shame I r moonkin main gief another spellpower fist weapon! hehe)

Deleted
    I've sow new heirlooms like 1h mace ... off hands and shields ... SO .. i need a dagger or a sword to level a priest / mage / lock ... i hate staff!

there's a mage with a mace in "dark dalaran".

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68753
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    there's a mage with a mace in "dark dalaran".

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68753

Maybe he doesn't get any benefit from that but just likes holding it.

All I could think of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzcg_SP56vg

Just pick the staff then? Far the most of Maces have spirit on them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Yeah, shields are few and far between, it used to be that if you didnt use a shield as a shaman caster/healer you got ripped to pieces by people claiming you were doing it wrong! haha, but these days its more accpeted that off hands/staves are all perfectly fine.(I think alot had to do with main hand/offhand combos giving slightly more stats back in TBC at least before they fixed that issue and made staves and off hand combos be closer to stats)

There are caster swords out there has been for a long time, I think the OP was only referring to their being no caster sword heirlooms (I love the looks of that sword you mentioned soo pretty <3 shame I r moonkin main gief another spellpower fist weapon! hehe)
    You could enchant shields in WotLK but you couldn't enchant offhands so not using a shield was a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    You could enchant shields in WotLK but you couldn't enchant offhands so not using a shield was a loss.
    Yup! I had forgotten about that Oh thank god those days are gone! hehe

There are caster swords, and a mace is considered much too manly for a weak little cloth wearer.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Because Maces are for Hybrid casters, and allow Blizzard to itemise with Spirit which Mages and Warlocks wouldn't want anway

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like daggers are considered too 'unseemly' for paladins, maces aren't the right aesthetic choice for a mage. That's just the way they've chosen.

Swords are borderline and there are some mages who will choose to use swords, and yes they exist, it's just the staffs might sometimes get less competition, or sometimes the sword might have no home to go to. It's a choice. And if mages had access to maces.. there wouldn't be much point still since most maces have Spirit on them as all the healers are very likely to choose them. As a transmog for the future though it just comes down to how Blizzard view mages

Sucks but... honestly this is a really really nitpicky complaint.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    There are caster swords, and a mace is considered much too manly for a weak little cloth wearer.
    like priests?

when my warlock transforms, he has rippling muscles that put any warrior to shame. priests are always weak little cloth wearers. why is it that priests get a mace and warlocks don't?

I don't really want a mace, it's kind of a little goody two-shoes weapon that doesn't cut, so not even my felguard lets me equip maces on him. I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-22 at 04:08 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The solution is more caster swords.

Someone could explain me WHY lock and mage are still able to use SWORD (when there aren't caster swords)
    em:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87164

there wasn't one in DS, but T11 and T12 both had a sword, didn't check further back

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    em:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87164

there wasn't one in DS, but T11 and T12 both had a sword, didn't check further back
    Not to mention the Heroic level blue one you can buy from Klaxxi and the drop from Terrace
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Many item limitations are relics from old school RPGs. There might also be problems with the distribution of items.

I honestly don't think casters should need anything more than a staff or a wand. It's a game Besides, melee weapons on casters are just for looks/stats anyway. Just find a staff / wand with stats and xmog them.

/solved