Dead Space 3 PC Demo

Is there no demo for the PC? have we been shafted again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, like always. Ea, as always, ruined it so you arn't missing much.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2013-01-22 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    I don´t know if there is a Demo for the PC but the xbox demo went live today (22.01.)

yup the PS3 and xbox demos went live today, but seems nothing for pc

A pity for me, but now I can just wait for the full game to play :P

You aren't missing out, honestly. It's a shadow of what Dead Space used to be.

Maybe I can still try out the demo on my Xbox, altrough I'll buy the game for PC. How exactly do I get the demo again? And will the co-op feature randomly give me a partner?

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    You aren't missing out, honestly. It's a shadow of what Dead Space used to be.
    Why? Have you played with the demo or just an opinion based on released videos?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Well even if he didn't you can just see what's it like like I don't like it personally however I do have to grab it myself simply because it would be weird not too I will agree the best full experience to see if It's truly good or bad is to actually play the entire thing.

The horror effect was done in DS 1 and action thing went into DS 2. What can 3 really offer much? Co-op looks sloppy =/

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Yes, I have played the demo. I thought it was awful.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A pretty game but if the demo is anything to judge by not worth a purchase, I will reserve final judgment till the game is out but its not looking to be anything special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks meh....

DS1 and DS2 were amazing!

If the demo is anything to go by, which it IS, the horror element has been completely ruined. It just felt like an action 3rd person shooter that had some "scary" monsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    Looks meh....

DS1 and DS2 were amazing!

If the demo is anything to go by, which it IS, the horror element has been completely ruined. It just felt like an action 3rd person shooter that had some "scary" monsters.
    The horror element died in one like we got to accept that haha everything is all out action.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/23/vi...straight-port/

ALL THE HYPES! I love it when PC gets straight ports.

Deleted
    Damn... they also revealed yesterday there'd be a microtransaction system for weapon upgrades, in a single player campaign... which just seems very odd to me. I can understand microtransactions/DLC for new content including single items and so on, I can understand it for existing content in a competitive multiplayer setting... but I do not understand the point of adding microtransactions in a solo campaign simply to unlock things that released with the game.

The videos of the demo, the interviews we've had talking about how it's moved away from the horror genre and into the FPS shooter/action genre, the fact it's a straight port and the fact they've added microtransactions into a game where they make no sense to me... has guaranteed I feel no excitement for it anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/23/vi...straight-port/

ALL THE HYPES! I love it when PC gets straight ports.
    That is possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen them do like really? MICRO transactions in a SINGLE player game ahahah wow.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and no DX 11?

-.-

i very much enjoyed dead space 1 and 2. in a way im looking forward to DS3, hopefully co-op wont ruin too much of the horrorness of it although from what i have read co-op has some interesting mechanics to try and keep the scary aspect of the game

microtransactions? as long as i dont feel i NEED to use this, then i dont think it bothers me that much. i suspect its EA forcing this on visceral to squeeze more money out of the game

also we could probably rename this thread to megathread as its just turned into a discussion about it

Deleted
    Had someone played DEMO? I'm thinking about buying it, but i don't know if it's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I hope the 3rd one hasn't been ruined, the first one was amazing!