1. #1

    New Class-Achievements?

    Hey guys,

    What would you think about new achievements for every class? Like: "Hit 30 targets at once with one arcane explosion" or "Heal atleast xxx amount of damage with your xxx spell in one Boss-fight".

    I think it would be a great idea and I hope Blizzard will implement them in the future

  2. #2
    I'd like it, but I guess many achievement hunters will feel obliged to get every class then or something. ;/

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaucus View Post
    I'd like it, but I guess many achievement hunters will feel obliged to get every class then or something. ;/
    Exactly this.
    Class specific achievements and titles will not be a priority on Blizz's radar.

    Some people like myself.
    Found or started a class that they enjoy playing and enjoy achievement/rare/rep/mount farm.
    Adding class specific achievements would force us achievement hunters to play classes that we despise.

  4. #4
    Love the idea.
    but as mentioned it can cause problems with achievement hunters.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire Swekaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376
    Problems with the achievement hunters? Why, because it would be "too much" for them?

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Adding class specific achievements would force us achievement hunters to play classes that we despise.
    I did write this

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Adding class specific achievements would force us achievement hunters to play classes that we despise.
    -_- i don't even know how to touch this.

  8. #8
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,591
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    -_- i don't even know how to touch this.
    If you cant contribute with more than that please do not post. This is very close to spam.

  9. #9
    yeah sorry no i play a druid and im working on achievement cap (18k now) and i'd rather not have to put time and effort into another class to get them all. bad enough i have to level 3 more at some point

  10. #10
    The argument of people being forced to play other classes or characters would hold some value if they didn't make those achievements where you have to level multiple 90s on both factions. The argument doesn't really work now, we're already forced to do so. Might as well add these in my opinion very fun achievements.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Moot, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,563
    As an achievement hunter and an altoholic I would approve of this,

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Fungj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    The argument of people being forced to play other classes or characters would hold some value if they didn't make those achievements where you have to level multiple 90s on both factions. The argument doesn't really work now, we're already forced to do so. Might as well add these in my opinion very fun achievements.
    But when you have leveled that char you are done you don't need to go in a raid or something with it.

  13. #13
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    But when you have leveled that char you are done you don't need to go in a raid or something with it.
    "Heal atleast xxx amount of damage with your xxx spell in one Boss-fight".
    If that will be an achivement you will have to.

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,563
    I'd hope they would make them a bit more interesting than hat. Something like:

    Hit an NPC with a frost fire and arcane spell within 5 seconds.

    Kill x amounts of mobs without being hit

    Nothing boss related. Or at least not current content bosses.

  15. #15
    Seems legit they should do it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •