Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I couldn't stand the seasickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I would not care for it, when you have trouble with anything I can see repairs being a pain and expensive.

I would expect upkeep is a pain too

You can buy a damned mansion where i live for 500k....

so not no but hell no. Infact, theres a house near me thats 7 bedrooms 4 baths has an indoor pool as well as a private back yard/parking lot and basketball court. Asking price?

Last edited by skatblast; 2013-01-23 at 04:32 AM.

Nope. Give me a hobbit hole or somewhere cosy any day of the week.

I used to travel a lot in my old job and actually met a person out one night that lived on a house boat. He was a younger guy, traveling a lot like myself.

He paid something like $25k for his house boat. It had two rooms and a lot of the amenities you see there. He didn't pay taxes or anything else though and I recall the rental at whatever marina he was in as being pretty cheap. After seeing pictures of his place, even now I still think about how cool it would be.

I looked into it, but I was living in Memphis at the time and the only body of water nearby was the Mississippi river. $500k is insane, though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    You can buy a damned mansion where i live for 500k....

so not no but hell no. Infact, theres a house near me thats 7 bedrooms 4 baths has an indoor pool as well as a private back yard/parking lot and basketball court. Asking price?

i want that house.....any reason its so cheap? around here a house like that would be 300k+. the only house more awesome than one with an indoor pool is one of those victorian era houses....i love those kind of houses.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

A float-home seems like it would be cool on the surface, but when you think about it, you'd never really be able to leave the dock because 20+ foot swells in the ocean would obliterate it. So it would amount to nothing more than a glorified waterbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, in a heartbeat. I was in the Navy for 8 years, and have over 6 years of seatime under my belt. I miss it dearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i want that house.....any reason its so cheap? around here a house like that would be 300k+. the only house more awesome than one with an indoor pool is one of those victorian era houses....i love those kind of houses.
    I would assume whoever owned it lost it in a foreclosure after the housing market crashed. A ton of people lost their McMansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Another argument, zombie invasion? Put in a salt water purifier and some fishing rods. Put a vegetable garden on the roof and you are good to go for a little while
    i dont think a desalinization plant or reverse osmosis plant is going to fit on that little tug not to mention the power to run them lol...OT like others have said, take half the money buy a real yacht or house boat thats 2,3 or 4 times that size lol

You can't even buy a 2 bedroom flat for 500k in Sydney :<

That said I lived on a friend's family's boat for awhile when I was househunting once. It was fine, fairly small but it wasn't strange, the bed was a compartment in the prow and it was really cool. It's tied up all the time in a harbour so it's not like there's constant huge amounts of movement of anything. Services were pretty standard, basic wireless got the internet sorted etc. I'd totally do it again.

I'd never live there,it is way to expensive and WAY to small. Just not my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could live on a houseboat, but that one looks like garbage.

ehhh for that kind of money i would rather just get a house AND a boat, price doesnt seem worth it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a window beside the toilet o.0

Me and my brother live off a 40 ft cataraman in Miami, we use the spare rooms to charter trips to and from the Bahamas, it's pretty awesome and not that expensive
    Last edited by Xyanide; 2013-01-23 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    It's kind of expensive, though nice, Would like a nice yacht instead though, but this could work too.

That said, the bathroom window needs to be made smaller or only be able to see from inside out... for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    First thing I thought of:

When Holland won the European cup. Better not buy one of those in Amsterdam
    Old picture is old. but no, thats why im not going to buy such houses. I prefer castles, carréboerderij (hard to explain, sqaurebased farms, they're often pretty large), I type of farm based house in the southeast of the netherlands, if I had the money I would buy this one if they let me that is: http://www.24oranges.nl/2012/07/07/o...ost-torn-down/ (I knew it was old, Amelrijk Boots Foundation, ie, 13th century, pretty handy if you're village is well documented, being one of the most important places before Eindhoven took over, blech, I mean, if you know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieronymus_Bosch him, and that he married with a local rich women from my town, then yes, I feel somewhat protective towards that old farm, I want it, badly).