Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Red face 5.2 Unholy/Frost

Hey guys im just wandering which spec is the best for pvp in 5.2 Unholy/Frost i enjoy more unholy but if it still that bad im gonna get bored so im looking answers for 5.2 changes

I'm pretty sure Unholy is better than Frost in competative pvp already, and it'll only get better.

Deleted
    How awesome is that thanks bro

Deleted
    unholy rocks, much better than frost in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be completely honest, I am of the opinion that Frost is going to continue to exceed the performance of Unholy in PvP. I've tried both and settled into Frost (for this season at least) and my impression of Unholy is that a 5% buff isn't going to be enough to scale it up to Frost's level.

Unholy's sustained damage might be greater than Frost's over a long period of time, but Frost definitely brings a lot of on-demand burst to the table that Unholy just can't match up with. IMO, Frost will continue to be considered widely superior because of its advantage in pumping out burst, even though the gap between the two will have narrowed considerably. Regardless, it'll be much more of a choice between the two come 5.2 than it was for the past season.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    To be completely honest, I am of the opinion that Frost is going to continue to exceed the performance of Unholy in PvP. I've tried both and settled into Frost (for this season at least) and my impression of Unholy is that a 5% buff isn't going to be enough to scale it up to Frost's level.

Unholy's sustained damage might be greater than Frost's over a long period of time, but Frost definitely brings a lot of on-demand burst to the table that Unholy just can't match up with. IMO, Frost will continue to be considered widely superior because of its advantage in pumping out burst, even though the gap between the two will have narrowed considerably. Regardless, it'll be much more of a choice between the two come 5.2 than it was for the past season.

Dude i see a fr elite vs dreadful uh the uh guy kick he's ass dont get me wrong but fr i think is the best only in rbgs because he dont need to worry about he's pet u are right fr is more burst and faster but if you can survive more (uh) you can make more dmg so doesnt really mater if u can burst fast fr is just easier thats why = no skills and no fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epithymy View Post
    Dude i see a fr elite vs dreadful uh the uh guy kick he's ass dont get me wrong but fr i think is the best only in rbgs because he dont need to worry about he's pet u are right fr is more burst and faster but if you can survive more (uh) you can make more dmg so doesnt really mater if u can burst fast fr is just easier thats why = no skills and no fun
    Please... please... attempt to use proper grammar and punctuation.

Frost for rbgs, no real choice. And in arena it's what playstyle you like, frost with a huge burst potential and unholy for that sustain pressure with necrotic and a bit more control with the ghoul.
    With the ptr changes unholy should be a more fluid to play when purging the target with icy touch and bursting (free gary).
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Trust me, Uh is way above frost in pvp, and even more so come 5.2 with its QoL changes.

Just think about this:

What can you honestly do as a fdk against a warrior or feral? They will both either kill you instantly(especialy feral with incarnation and other cds stacks) or gimp your dmg.(warri disarm, high avoid/parry, plate armor)

Uh, on the other side, still does high stustained dmg in blood presence and high burst with the transformed ghoul and gargoyle up. The numbers on the screen may be lower but it comes from a lot of different sources. The best part is, it can't be migated. Its mostly either shadow dmg(gargoyle still at live with nature damage but that changes) and a pet that hits other players into the back.

Try it out and think about it.

When it comes to arenas you just take a burster with you, there are tons of them in this game. For instance TSG and PHDK will always work well. Also had good expierences with feral/uh/xhealer have fun trying to counter this team.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-01-22 at 07:56 PM.

i have just started playing unholy and im gearing up and its annoying,(not bad) because my pet is so freaking frail its crazy, i feel like i spend half my death coils trying to keep him alive and im not to happy with my peels and mobility, i feel like deathgrip cooldown needs to be lowered as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a personal choice! The way I see it...BGs or RBGs, I would go Frost. Arenas, Unholy without a doubt. The way I see it is that Unholy gives you more control over the other team via your pet. Plus like someone said...as frost I never use icy touch so as unholy it make that glyph of icy touch a real strong one to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatecrew View Post
    Its a personal choice! The way I see it...BGs or RBGs, I would go Frost. Arenas, Unholy without a doubt. The way I see it is that Unholy gives you more control over the other team via your pet. Plus like someone said...as frost I never use icy touch so as unholy it make that glyph of icy touch a real strong one to consider.
    better start to use icy touch and its glyph as frost, alone to dispell the quickly reapllied disc and mage shields. Frost isn't better in rbgs. I am convinced its quite the other way around, you probably do more dmg with spreading aids than howling blasts spam. And focus target with more powerful necros and dmg that can't be mitigated. Only problem is your pet that can be easely killed. Anyways for most people easier and high crits on screen means always "better".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    from what i have seenUh is better overall pressure, but micromanaging your pet is so goddamn annoying its ridiculous. and atm, in full mal gear, with t2 weapon, my pet has less than 250khp. compare that to a hunters pet with 350k ish hp...people just turn to my pet and destroy it. and considering a large amount of your dps is pet related, this is borked. i dont hate the uh playstyle, but with micromanaging the pet and it being ss squishy, i dont see many people playing UH in 5.2

Unholy in DPS pve and pvp, UNHOLY ALL THE WAY!!! yay

Deleted
    Pretty sure unholy will be awesome. There are some really nice QoL changes in 5.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big Unholy fan, but at the mioment I'm Frost until 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    better start to use icy touch and its glyph as frost, alone to dispell the quickly reapllied disc and mage shields. Frost isn't better in rbgs. I am convinced its quite the other way around, you probably do more dmg with spreading aids than howling blasts spam. And focus target with more powerful necros and dmg that can't be mitigated. Only problem is your pet that can be easely killed. Anyways for most people easier and high crits on screen means always "better".
    Not in my case. I'm not saying "Higher numbers = Win". When I go into any regular bg with a group of 3 or 4, I always switch targets and as frost you can do a quick switch and pump out the quick burst that frost gives you. As unholy you cant. At least not me. Another thing Frost gives you in bgs like you said...its easier to just hit a group of people with HB and have them all with FF and Chilblains. CoI in frost snares the FC and as unholy you cant. I find it easier to snare and keep a FC still as frost then I do as Unholy.

If only Blizz didn't take away our desecration.

for pvp i go unholy forever and for pve i might stay dw frost for big aoe but i will try unholy still

Free gary, plague damage from gargoyle, and quicker positioning... its finally worth calling a 3 min cd. No nerfs to dks which is good and we are getting the proper fixes we need.

My last wish is to increase dk survivability and a slight buff to UH wep dmg in someway and then im settled.