Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    David Attenborough has contributed to this "plague" by having kids of his own. Why doesn't he just off himself? Help the environment! Mass suicide!!!! lol

On a serious note, nature will fix this on its own. We humans are but a blip in Earth's history. New species will emerge and inherit the earth after we are long gone. It's called evolution.
    To be fair he only had 2 kids which makes it a zero population gain or loss and is what he advocates. With a 2 kid limit the population would ,in theory, go down a bit as well since you'd have those that would die from other causes or have no children. Honestly I just think the human race should aim for a world population no more than 2 billion and we'd find that things like renewable energy also become much more feasible with no concern whatsoever of running out of food or water and would have overabundance rather then only having our population numbers survive right now only because of our modern processing.
    Last edited by Mech; 2013-01-27 at 09:02 PM.

Humans are not the problem. Consumers are.
    Fire walk with me!

Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    Didn't the Matrix make this point about us being a virus.

I agreed with it then and do think we need to stop overpopulating. The issue at hand is how to do it; would any of you want your friends/family not be allowed to pro-create.

Humans cannot stop one another from pro-creating which is extremely frustrating as there are one or two sections (not race or colour or creed or religion) of the population I would love to sterilise

The issue is not that we reproduce... its the fact we have no realistic natural predators at this point and where as other species have to live around what the local environment will support we don't we engineer the environment to suite us. Put those together and you get very low relative mortality rates compared with the birth rates plus we're living longer = gross population. We don't even have the same theats from diseases and infections as we used to and there getting less and less of a problem.

If the 3rd world contries had the same health care, and resources as all the other countries things would be even worse from the population point of view.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

i am just gonna put this video right here

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyvamp View Post
    i am just gonna put this video right here
    It's interesting that with the right delivery, the same sentiment is the stuff of movie villiainry. Delivery it with an urbane manner and a British accent, and it sounds totally reasonable to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoekron View Post
    humanity is absolutely a cause of irritation to me; I'd be happier if their numbers dove some 80%
    Will you be the first in line?
    Is it a rule that you have to be rude and sarcastic in every conversation here?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Will you be the first in line?
    Will you?

/char
    You may remember me from such threads as!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...18#post8213418

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Will you?

/char
    I'm not the one promoting it, so no. I won't.
    Is it a rule that you have to be rude and sarcastic in every conversation here?