Page 1 of 2
LastLast

George Carlins Greatest Moment, If you want to undestand how the world works, watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1lZMTCqf8

in 3 minutes or less george carlin explains how the real world works

Deleted
    Yeah, a world wide conspiracy with a few shadowy figures who control ... "everything".

Give us some information about this, with some sources about who control what etc and how they misuse this power. I'm sure you have lots of it.

Get your head outta your rear and stop watching MSNBC and CNN and BBC and Foxnews lol. The banks and corporations control everything in the government. You think the FDA gives a shit or any other branch? The FDA is made up of people who invest in companies like walmart or target or tysons, of course they arent going to do anything that undermines the money they have invested in companies. Heres a lesson for you MONEY>PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    Yeah, a world wide conspiracy with a few shadowy figures who control ... "everything".

Give us some information about this, with some sources about who control what etc and how they misuse this power. I'm sure you have lots of it.
    Why does it have to be a conspiracy? It could just be the way society has just evolved. I don't think anyone, bar the extreme scepticals, are suggest that all the richest and most powerful people meet up and plan how they are going to run the world in some sort of machiavellian way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Why does it have to be a conspiracy? It could just be the way society has just evolved. I don't think anyone, bar the extreme scepticals, are suggest that all the richest and most powerful people meet up and plan how they are going to run the world in some sort of machiavellian way.
    Did we see two different videos?

Hold on, your telling me that people who make money want to make sure they make more money? No.
    That's a... a conspiracy! That's it! Man good thing I figured that out with superior logic.

Did we see two different videos?
    He was using extreme examples because hes a comedian. He's talking about the fact that many cooperations have a ridiculous amount of influence on the government. I thought it was pretty obvious but whatever.

You mean the bits he stole from Bill Hicks?

Quote Originally Posted by killerlee View Post
    You think the FDA gives a shit or any other branch? The FDA is made up of people who invest in companies like walmart or target or tysons, of course they arent going to do anything that undermines the money they have invested in companies.
    This is blatantly false; FDA employees go through a screening process in which they're required to divest themselves of investments that could be perceived as conflicts of interest. People working for the FDA who haven't gone through said screening are not eligible to do any regulatory work whatsoever.

George Carlin...one of the bests.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    He was using extreme examples because hes a comedian. He's talking about the fact that many cooperations have a ridiculous amount of influence on the government. I thought it was pretty obvious but whatever.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is blatantly false; FDA employees go through a screening process in which they're required to divest themselves of investments that could be perceived as conflicts of interest. People working for the FDA who haven't gone through said screening are not eligible to do any regulatory work whatsoever.
    In a way that's true but in a way that's false. When a new company wants to release a new food or drug or something the public will consume, they go through all kinds of study's and science etc. The problem is that when presented to the FDA, the people who did the studies(aka scientist, consumers, w/e) worked for the company that is releasing the product. So the study isn't conducted fairly by an independent company or people that have no ties to the company.

So the FDA gets all this shitty data and says OK cool lets release that, with no real idea of what the side effects or problems with the drug or food are.

Does the rich & influential have secret meetings where they plan the doom of civilization? Probably not.
    Does the rich & influential have a bigger say in things? Probably.

No conspiracies needed.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I understanding this right now? People seriously try to deep analyze and debunk George Carlin's stand up routines?
    It is called Satire... Drawing a picture of reality in an purposely exaggerated humerus fashion. It requires brain work to filter out the parts of truth, and the parts that make it sound funny. It's a STANDUP Routine, meant to put a mirror into ones face, with a smile, and not a political science presentation with analytical precision.
    Carlin was the best satirist I've ever seen. Right after him comes Lewis Black. Society can be thankful for having such thinkers available.

People certainly try. They're just not some hypercompetent Illuminati society, just a bunch of different people vying for power, wealth, and control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

In a way that's true but in a way that's false.
    There's absolutely no way in which my statement is false. If you disagree, quote the specific part that you think is false.

When a new company wants to release a new food or drug or something the public will consume, they go through all kinds of study's and science etc. The problem is that when presented to the FDA, the people who did the studies(aka scientist, consumers, w/e) worked for the company that is releasing the product. So the study isn't conducted fairly by an independent company or people that have no ties to the company.
    That's why blinded controls are required.

So the FDA gets all this shitty data and says OK cool lets release that, with no real idea of what the side effects or problems with the drug or food are.
    Absolutely not. There's problems with the regulatory process, but they're not a result of FDA regulatory scientists being duped by poorly controlled experiments.

Ah yes, George Carlin.

He got FAT and went insane in his old age.

Ever since then, He has been hailed by many as the one who "Sees the light" and "Tells the dark truth"

Give me a break

He was a great comedian, Leave it at that. And face the fact that the old man went bat-shit insane in his old age.

What? You mean super powerful people with unlimited sums of money operate in the shadows? No shit.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-01-23 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Does the rich & influential have secret meetings where they plan the doom of civilization? Probably not.
    Well, not the doom of civilization. But they definitely get together to write the laws in their favor. I mean literally write the laws. And then give it to their paid for politicians to present directly as a bill to be passed.

It has actually happened many, many, many times. ALEC (made up of many of the world's largest companies) does this constantly. One state senator even accidentally forgot to remove the ALEC boilerplate at the top of the bill before she submitted it.

I originally thought that ALEC was a conspiracy theory because it is so blatantly corrupt that it sounds like just a conspiracy theory. Then I found out it actually exists. I even found out that the company I work for is a member, and considering how much we lobby gov't I can believe it. Actually some of the companies (you know, little obscure companies like Coca Cola) have been dropping out of it lately because the leaders of ALEC are mostly conservatives and they tried to use their lobby power to create legislation against things like abortion and birth control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was at that show :-) Fucking love and miss that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    George Carlin is an overrated hack.

"Everybody else is dumb but me, and you, 'cause you bought tickets to see me. But they're all stupid."

Give me a fucking break.