Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GC on Hunter (Lack of) Changes in 5.2

Hunter
    - We still plan on rebuilding Power Shot. We have not done so yet.
    - We're not sure 5.2 is the right time to convert any of the active buttons to passive procs. While we would like to slim down the number of buttons hunters need to manage overall, changes like this are controversial and I'm sure it would feel like a nerf (even a nerf to fun) to many hunters.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=45#884
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

So basically they are acknowledging that they need to fix things, but don't know how or are afraid of making things worse.. Thanks GC thats a great solution.. Do nothing and maybe the problem will go away.. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkillr View Post
    So basically they are acknowledging that they need to fix things, but don't know how or are afraid of making things worse.. Thanks GC thats a great solution.. Do nothing and maybe the problem will go away.. sigh...
    Well, I think in the case of Power Shot they're going to toss what they have already and rebuild it from scratch, and that probably will take some time.

Regarding the buttons ... they're probably going to save that for the next X-Pac Betas as those generally run the longest and get the most involvement from the community.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I tend to agree with him. We're in a pretty good place right now. I do feel like we have one or two buttons too many, but that's more because of UI deficiencies. I've become comfortable with the BM rotation and CD's, but it requires a lot of moving buttons around, especially macros where sometimes I want my pet switching, sometimes I don't, etc. After raids I have to reorganize for PvP and I'm beginning to feel I need a checklist to make sure I have reset everything properly.

Deleted
    Remove readiness from the game, increase damage to the signature shot of the 3 specs to compensate or buff one of the cooldowns we have.

Most of the problem solved...

its a "we know hunters need fixing, but we don't want to put effort into fixing them" kind of answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its a "we know hunters need fixing, but we don't want to put effort into fixing them" kind of answer.
    I think is more of a "It's sooooo damn broke, we don't even know HOW to fix it" Which is a pretty bad excuse, but at the same time, he DOES have a point, because when he does get the suggested changes moving, people WILL flip out, just because, change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkillr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    I think is more of a "It's sooooo damn broke, we don't even know HOW to fix it" Which is a pretty bad excuse, but at the same time, he DOES have a point, because when he does get the suggested changes moving, people WILL flip out, just because, change.
    These are a pretty big distortion of the actual comments. I'd say a more correct paraphrase is, "Hunters aren't broken, so we're disinclined to break them, but there's some things we'd like to work on."

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    These are a pretty big distortion of the actual comments. I'd say a more correct paraphrase is, "Hunters aren't broken, so we're disinclined to break them, but there's some things we'd like to work on."
    they are broken... unless you call getting gimped by the pet not getting buffed by raid boss buff "working as intended"... go to a warlock and say hey you get 60% less from this boss buff simply because we fail at building encounters correctly and see how they like it.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-01-25 at 02:37 PM.

Unless I'm playing mine wrong, I think I've never had a more simple rotation or "oh shit" buttons to hit than any other character. Rogue last expansion is a close second, while my DK is the worse offender.

Hunters are such a damn pain to play now. The only reason i still have a spot in my raiding guild is because i can Paint, Soak sparks and Tranq/MD on Windlord heroic.

The class needs serious changes as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind doing more work then every other class is it was rewarded with DPS comparable with the top classes (mage and warlock)

But except Power Shot that is an Epic Fail, not on how it didn't worked, but how they dealt with it, by defacing and saying "working as intended", Hunters really have any major issues?

If it's not broken don't fix it, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    But except Power Shot that is an Epic Fail, not on how it didn't worked, but how they dealt with it, by defacing and saying "working as intended", Hunters really have any major issues?

If it's not broken don't fix it, I say.
    but its broken and they are not fixing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    ptr isn't finished yet with changes, so give them time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Unless I'm playing mine wrong, I think I've never had a more simple rotation or "oh shit" buttons to hit than any other character. Rogue last expansion is a close second, while my DK is the worse offender.
    Sorry, you're playing it wrong.

You can report me for infraction now.

I said this in a different thread back on December 13th:

The real bitch here is that things aren't going to change anytime soon. They're just not. I think it was a recent GC tweet where he stated that they lose more subs from class changes than they do from balance issues. Meaning they would rather let things remain unbalanced for a while if fixing it means making big class changes, and scaring people off. In other words, they can't just start stripping abilities away from Hunters, it's going to be a slow process of combining things, or removing them one at a time over multiple expansions.

This is the modern Hunter, and it's (mostly) here to stay.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Remove readiness from the game, increase damage to the signature shot of the 3 specs to compensate or buff one of the cooldowns we have.

Agreed, it's a rather fast fix.

If Blizz go for a solution like this, i rather they keep Readiness but make it only reset defensive skills and CCs...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

The real problem is MM and the lack of utility. BM is borderline overpowered and Survival lacks burst but the damage/utility is fine. To fix survival put more damage on Explosive Shot and less on the DoTs. To fix MM they only need to put more damage on Chimera/Aimed and make the instant Aimed Shot actually proc. A 3m cd for Readiness would be cool too. If you wanna go over the top link Serpent Sting and Widow Venom. Hunter fixed.

The people saying "remove Readiness" must be freaking crazy. We have no damage mitigation and we NEED our 2 deterrences. We are constantly trained as it is! Make it only reset defensive cooldowns, that's fine.

PvP PoV
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2013-01-26 at 10:50 PM.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account

I support this idea, readiness is the problem.