Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Broken] Overpower costing 10 Rage

i have seen this on arenajunkies and would like to spread the word about how messed up this change is

i have already tweeted GC about this and i hope it catches his attention.

quite simple. stop using defensive stance all the time.
    then you'll have enough rage. stop being so simple minded and wasting GC's time w/ random shit.

Bad warrior relying on DEF stance. This is the problem and what the rage cost to overpower is ment to address.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
    then you'll have enough rage.
    And thread.

But seriously, the intent is to have warriors actually utilize the stance that is SUPPOSED to give more rage. Now instead of not caring about it, you'll actually have to manage it. I bet if he did the same video in battle stance he would be fine.

Lets be real here. 15% damage seems like a lot of reduction, but in PvP I can't see it being HUGE like it is for tanks in PvE. Yeah it's nice I won't deny that, but the numbers you're attempting to mitigate are far smaller in comparison (With resilience factored in, armor, etc). You can still switch to def stance and be tanky next patch, the only difference is it won't be 25%, but instead 15.

then you'll have enough rage. stop being so simple minded and wasting GC's time w/ random shit.
    warrior stops using defensive stance ---> warrior dies in a cheap shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Or blizzard can stop fucking over PVE to nerf PVP.

please next time watch the full video before replying. it just makes you look dumb and clueless.
    Thanks

Warriors do not die in a cheap shot, but should be able to die. Staying in DEF stance is something that shouldn't come without some drawback. Being in battle stance you have the rage to do a really good amount of dmg and keep the pressure up. You shouldn't be able to do that while in a Defensive stance. I don't really know of any skilled and decent warriors that actually like to or even stay in DEF stance now unless being trained. Its supposed to be a dps loss.

Bad warrior relying on DEF stance.
    Wha..

Lets be real here. 15% damage seems like a lot of reduction, but in PvP I can't see it being HUGE like it is for tanks in PvE.
    Huh?...

You shouldn't be able to do that while in a Defensive stance. I don't really know of any skilled and decent warriors that actually like to or even stay in DEF stance now unless being trained.
    Seriously?... what planet have you guys been living on? I'm completely and utterly baffled anyone actually believes this shit.

if you seriously think that 10% less damage mitigation will cause you to die in a cheap shot you have some serious issues; far more than a nerf to overpower will ever entail

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    if you seriously think that 10% less damage mitigation will cause you to die in a cheap shot you have some serious issues; far more than a nerf to overpower will ever entail
    OP is saying this overpower nerf will force warriors to play battle stance to get rage, meaning they are susceptible to stunlock swaps, in which we can't even get the 15% damage reduction from defensive stance in 5.2. MEANING we will be taking 25% more damage than we are now. If you think that is insignificant you're either stubborn, or stupid. AND considering warriors in defensive stance already get globaled just as easily as any other class (assuming it's a solid swap that isn't stopped), I'd say it's a pretty huge nerf.
    Last edited by skofuz; 2013-01-22 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skofuz View Post
    Wha..

Huh?...

Seriously?... what planet have you guys been living on? I'm completely and utterly baffled anyone actually believes this shit.
    So you are saying as a warrior you just live in DEF stance 100%? IF you are this is part of the problem. Im in battle unless being trained on live and It should be that way also on the ptr, I do not want a class that just run around without being able to be killed while doing 100% dmg with 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    warrior stops using defensive stance ---> warrior dies in a cheap shot
    Welcome to mop where everyone dies in a stun only took half the expansion for you to join us.

OP is saying this overpower nerf will force warriors to play battle stance to get rage, meaning they are susceptible to stunlock swaps, in which we can't even get the 15% damage reduction from defensive stance in 5.2. MEANING we will be taking 25% more damage than we are now. If you think that is insignificant you're either stubborn, or stupid. AND considering warriors in defensive stance already get globaled just as easily as any other class (assuming it's a solid swap that isn't stopped), I'd say it's a pretty huge nerf.

And thats the thing, if you are out of DEF cds and your healers are in a CC you are supposed to die in a swap. Honestly when in your opinion are you supposed to die on your warrior? Never?

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    So you are saying as a warrior you just live in DEF stance 100%? IF you are this is part of the problem. Im in battle unless being trained on live and It should be that way also on the ptr, I do not want a class that just run around without being able to be killed while doing 100% dmg with 100% uptime.
    twitch tv hoodrychx
    twitch tv reckful

multi-rank1 players sitting defensive stance 100% of the time.

twitch tv yaspresent

yaspresents recently held a tournament with a $16000 prize pool, the only time any warrior in that tournament went battle stance was when he was certain he couldn't be swapped to by the opposing team because of their composition, and because both his teammates were far more desirable targets. Before you come here running off your mouth as if you had an educated opinion, I suggest you actually fulfill the educated part of your act.

Welcome to mop where everyone dies in a stun only took half the expansion for you to join us.
    Warriors die in stunlocks like anyone else, imagine patch 5.2 when warriors are far more likely to be caught in battle stance, effectively taking 25% MORE damage than we are now. Haha, yea, I know it's ridiculous to put such strains on your limited imagination, but I'm sure you can get a small look at the corner of the larger picture I'm looking at. Sorry if the metaphors confuse you, boy.

Anticipate the swap like EVERY other class has to do. Sitting in Defensive Stance wasn't something they wanted you to do 100% of the time. On top of the 100% uptime, the 25% reduction was ridiculous in comparison to other classes tool-kits. They nerfed the damage reduction, now they're nerfing the uptime. It's not a problem, learn to stance dance, learn to anticipate swaps, like every other class has to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    And thats the thing, if you are out of DEF cds and your healers are in a CC you are supposed to die in a swap. Honestly when in your opinion are you supposed to die on your warrior? Never?
    By defensive CDs you of course mean TRINKET right?

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    define "us"

By defensive CDs you of course mean TRINKET right?
    Sure, if thats the only one you ever use, then sure. You can see swaps coming, you can get into def stance, pop a SW or a RC. You can even safeguard the healers CC. Its not really hard to avoid this kinda stuff. A warrior so far hasnt really had to deal with being hard swapped to this season unless they really got in a bad spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    get this threw your head-stance dancing is gone by by a long time ago.why do you thinks it wrong for a warrior is sit in d-stance to reduce damage taken?it does what it supposed to do=reduce damage at the cost of rage.so you think its ok for warriors to sit in b-stance?but not d-stance right?d-stance is considered part of the warrior defensive tool kit and helps to keep warriors ALIVE.maybe blizz should just unnerf battle stance add -%damage reduction back on BATTLE stance so warriors can just sit in battle and do more damage then we would in d-stance.

blizz nerfed d-stance,the rage cost on OP was/is over kill.just like any other thing blizz does,over buffs and over nerfs.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-01-22 at 08:16 PM.