Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skofuz View Post
    in which we can't even get the 15% damage reduction from defensive stance in 5.2. MEANING we will be taking 25% more damage than we are now
    I don't think that's quite right.

Losing 15% damage reduction (a multiplier of 0.85 on incoming damage) means you take 17.6% more damage (1/0.85), not 25%.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    The fact he was unkillable even one time is the problem, because after that they never targeted him. Oh, and btw being in D stance currently does nothing to your dmg. On the ptr however, the 10 rages makes it a big big problem to sit in D stance bc you will do the same kinda dmg that a DK does in blood. I havent had rage issues in battle tho.
    im done with your ass now because your last statement shows me you dont know wtf you are talking about.no player or class is unkillable in pvp period.if you think someone is unkillable then your just bad.yes warriors do less damage in d-stance then we do in b-stance.no player has 1 vs 3 player son the same skill level,its funny you think other wise.i solo killed 1vs2 a dk and a pally in Tb during the last season of cata on my arms warriors.they keep attacking me,i kill one then he would res and come back while i was killing the other one.this went on four or fives times and i did not die one time.now tell me did that happen because warriors were op'ed?or because i just out-skilled them by a large margin.hint its the latter..

if reck who plays 2500+2600+ pvp can go into arena at -1500 and kill bads without blinking.its not because of his class its because of his skill.reck played is rogue in cata with level 70 weapons up to 2200+ against fully geared mac level players.whats does that show us?one that his skill level is way above 1500-2200 and 2 that rouges were in fact a little op'ed in cata.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-01-24 at 06:32 PM.

Is it possible you could TRY spending 2 minutes between your rage formatting your typing so it's readable, meathead?

I'm not sure why they're nerfing defensive stance 10% (25-->15) - I would hope it's because they're seeing prot warriors in PvE doing "too well." If it's a pure PvP change on both ends (def stance and OP) then it's pretty poor.

That said, when it's normal for warriors to sit in defensive stance 100% of the time and still wreck people in PvP (and they do) then surely you should have seen a nerf incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    so many clueless non warriors posting in this topic. keep up the comedy guys just shows how much the qq'rs know about the game.
    Everyone's allowed their opinion in the game, regardless of what class they're playing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laundry View Post
    if you seriously think that 10% less damage mitigation will cause you to die in a cheap shot you have some serious issues; far more than a nerf to overpower will ever entail
    Going from 25% damage reduction (0.75x) to a 15% damage reduction (0.85x) means you take 13% more damage (0.85/0.75), not 10%.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm seeing in this thread is butthurt warriors insulting everybody else for thinking Warriors need a nerf.
    You know you're OP, you're going to be nerfed. You should have to choose between defense and burst, not have both. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Is it possible you could TRY spending 2 minutes between your rage formatting your typing so it's readable, meathead?

I'm not sure why they're nerfing defensive stance 10% (25-->15) - I would hope it's because they're seeing prot warriors in PvE doing "too well." If it's a pure PvP change on both ends (def stance and OP) then it's pretty poor.

That said, when it's normal for warriors to sit in defensive stance 100% of the time and still wreck people in PvP (and they do) then surely you should have seen a nerf incoming.
    nice try at a cheap shot but its not going to work.i will just let your posts prove your ass wrong

just so you know the -10% nerf to d-stance got baked into a prot talent so prot still has -25% reduction on d-stance. so thats = pvp nerfs.go back and read what i said,in fine with the d-stance nerf,the rest of the nerfs this patch was not needed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    All I'm seeing in this thread is butthurt warriors insulting everybody else for thinking Warriors need a nerf.
    You know you're OP, you're going to be nerfed. You should have to choose between defense and burst, not have both. Get over it.
    we needed a nerf and we are saying we did.its over nerfing that we dont like and thats what happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Everyone's allowed their opinion in the game, regardless of what class they're playing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:34 PM ----------

Going from 25% damage reduction (0.75x) to a 15% damage reduction (0.85x) means you take 13% more damage (0.85/0.75), not 10%.

They are nerfing it because while a person is in it on live they do not die.
    How is Miko's post not clueless? It's off-topic lol. Sure talk about how Dstance and Overpower affects each other but don't let the discussion only be about dstance in an OVERPOWER discussion thread. Def stance is being nerfed, there's no discussion about it. Overpower is getting a high rage cost since Blizzard, as always, has to OVERDO the nerf way too much. 5 rage cost should please everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Give OP a rage cost of 5 rage (and reduce OP rage cost by using pvp glove like 2 rage) and reduce rage cost of slam to like 25-27 rage. (heroic strike is useless anyways so i dont think it needs a lower rage cost)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    How is Miko's post not clueless? It's off-topic lol. Sure talk about how Dstance and Overpower affects each other but don't let the discussion only be about dstance in an OVERPOWER discussion thread. Def stance is being nerfed, there's no discussion about it. Overpower is getting a high rage cost since Blizzard, as always, has to OVERDO the nerf way too much. 5 rage cost should please everybody.
    It's a point to make, overpower was given the rage cost so that a player does not sit in D stance and run almost the same dps as they do while in battle. The nerf to D stance was also needed it was too strong. I wouldnt be opposed to a 5 rage cost on OP or even a 0 cost in battle, but a 10 cost in D. The thread has de-railed some from the start, but the problem still remains that without something to keep warriors from sitting in D, they will.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    im done with your ass now because your last statement shows me you dont know wtf you are talking about.no player or class is unkillable in pvp period.if you think someone is unkillable then your just bad.yes warriors do less damage in d-stance then we do in b-stance.no player has 1 vs 3 player son the same skill level,its funny you think other wise.i solo killed 1vs2 a dk and a pally in Tb during the last season of cata on my arms warriors.they keep attacking me,i kill one then he would res and come back while i was killing the other one.this went on four or fives times and i did not die one time.now tell me did that happen because warriors were op'ed?or because i just out-skilled them by a large margin.hint its the latter..

if reck who plays 2500+2600+ pvp can go into arena at -1500 and kill bads without blinking.its not because of his class its because of his skill.reck played is rogue in cata with level 70 weapons up to 2200+ against fully geared mac level players.whats does that show us?one that his skill level is way above 1500-2200 and 2 that rouges were in fact a little op'ed in cata.
    The thing with this is that, if you watch his games he is getting snared and cced most of the time and they almost never swap him. Of all the games over MoP PvP you can watch you can see that some classes are not ever the first target you go after. A warrior in the middle of the map, your 3s team understands that it will take 2x more dps to push him down then the ele shammy thats 20 yards over behind the pillar. I'm not the only one that sees this. I play a warrior I have been has high as 2k, so I'm no reckful, but its the same story over and over again. CD stacking, D stance makes the class really easy to do alot of dmg and also take almost no dmg. These nerfs had to happen and I aprrove of them 100%.

Im pretty sure they will change something in the rotation (Arms PvE is suffering too much from this), like getting Overpower proc SuddenDeath.
    At that point, like they said, Haste will lose too much value, but they will just raise its contribution to 100% again for Arms only (and we will have more rage in battle stance).

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Im pretty sure they will change something in the rotation (Arms PvE is suffering too much from this), like getting Overpower proc SuddenDeath.
    At that point, like they said, Haste will lose too much value, but they will just raise its contribution to 100% again for Arms only (and we will have more rage in battle stance).

Ya, now I do not really like how the rotation feels. Kinda like a ret pallys rotation atm, just worse. I am also not a fan of haste being a stat for warriors either.

Really miss old warriors..stance dancing and that, was truly a deeper and more interesting class. Now it's become, stay in one stance constantly, just for passive benefit, instead of the fast paced, macro heavy stance dancer who had to change stance to get a second charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Really miss old warriors..stance dancing and that, was truly a deeper and more interesting class. Now it's become, stay in one stance constantly, just for passive benefit, instead of the fast paced, macro heavy stance dancer who had to change stance to get a second charge.
    Clouded by nostalgia you are, epic not being killed by pyroblast because it takes 5 hours to change stance to zerker stance to be able to use pummel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a point to make, overpower was given the rage cost so that a player does not sit in D stance and run almost the same dps as they do while in battle. The nerf to D stance was also needed it was too strong. I wouldnt be opposed to a 5 rage cost on OP or even a 0 cost in battle, but a 10 cost in D. The thread has de-railed some from the start, but the problem still remains that without something to keep warriors from sitting in D, they will.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:58 PM ----------

The thing with this is that, if you watch his games he is getting snared and cced most of the time and they almost never swap him. Of all the games over MoP PvP you can watch you can see that some classes are not ever the first target you go after. A warrior in the middle of the map, your 3s team understands that it will take 2x more dps to push him down then the ele shammy thats 20 yards over behind the pillar. I'm not the only one that sees this. I play a warrior I have been has high as 2k, so I'm no reckful, but its the same story over and over again. CD stacking, D stance makes the class really easy to do alot of dmg and also take almost no dmg. These nerfs had to happen and I aprrove of them 100%.
    asnd you can watch his videos and here him call out switch to warrior hes in battle stance,right?warriors were the most killable and easily trained targets for years.blizz gave us new abilities so that was not the case anymore.wtf dont you get that warriors were DESIGNED to give and take a ton of damage,not supposed to be an easy kill.warriros always had more Armour and hit-points then any other class,not 2nd and d stance keeps us up.

you think its bad for a warrior to not be the first target teams WANT to go on,but its ok for warriors to be an easy target right?thats what you are saying.if warriors are not the least fav target another class will be.but as logn as its not a warrior your fine with that.

by the way your full of shit if you dont think warriors get targeted.so i guess warrior never die in pvp at all in any bracket,because they are never targeted lmfao.i watched some streams today with that lock beckinsale or what ever his name is.and yes they liek to blow up warriors.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    thats because other classes dont "stance dance" any more either.

I'm happy to stance-dance when in battle:

"mages/locks have to change armour
    hunters change aspects (like the old days)
    rogues change poisons (like the old days)
    Shaman change shields and weapon buffs
    Druids change form (I guess that is what they are used to do)
    Then it will be fair"

that was a quote for a guy on arena junkies-and it was well said

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Clouded by nostalgia you are, epic not being killed by pyroblast because it takes 5 hours to change stance to zerker stance to be able to use pummel.
    Battle Stance - Shield Bash.

Tooltip

Shield Bash
    Melee range
    12 sec cooldown
    10 Rage
    Instant
    Shields, Battle Stance/Defensive Stance
    Bash the target with your shield dazing them and interrupting spellcasting, which prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 6 sec.

Bad warrior relying on DEF stance. This is the problem and what the rage cost to overpower is ment to address.
    lol WUT .. you're the bad warrior if you dont use defensive stance... all the glad warriors use defensive stance.

warriors will be trash.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    lol WUT .. you're the bad warrior if you dont use defensive stance... all the glad warriors use defensive stance.

warriors will be trash.
    First of all. It's dependable. You're not supposed to sit in Defensive stance. But you're not sitting in Battle stance all the fight either. Second of all " All the glad warriors use defensive stance". God.

When you're being attacked, focused or trained -> Defensive Stance -> Which will be the case now as what it does? -> Warrior plays defensive -> Not enough rage for abilties -> Warriors DMG is being lowered. = A complex failure from Blizzard.

When not attacked -> Battle stance -> 3,4 more rage every second "Woho" -> You barely manage to keep a rotation before you go on rage starving with the additional 3,4 rage -> They focus on you with a full stun -> DEAD.

That's the theory behind it. But what Blizzard has done.

Nerfed Warriors Defensive

Defensive Stance 25% -> 15%
    Second Wind -> No long procs in stun

Abilites -> OP costs 10 rage

Battle stance -> Unaffected

Whole point scenario = Warrior is broken. If you want to do DMG, you're so squishy you risk of being truckd, if you're not already being. If you get the chance to fight free without focusing on you risk being slaughtered in a stun.

Warrior is broken atm. Blizzard are even removing the CS proc from Auto Attack. Giving it to Overpower instead. What it means is our rotation is

OP/MS>CS. Problem with this is that our Rage regeneration is terrible either way and stance that it wont be sufficient. Sad.

Solution is -
    Revert Second Wind nerf.
    Remove taste for blood.
    Buff Battle Stance
    Revert changes from CS to proccing from Melee strikes.

For a Warrior - If you miss with MS or Block, deflect, dodge or parry, even immune. You get zero rage, you get no charges of overpower unless it's a dodge, then it's 1. Meaning that you sit there with 3,4 rage a second, and a charge of overpower. Take the class to the trashbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Wait. Are you trying to say that a rogue killing people in a cheap shot is fine? DKs have icebound fortitude.
    If you're not Blood, IBF is 20% damage reduction, with a RP cost(and a 3 min CD). You can't just pop it whenever you feel like. If the rogue cheap shots when the DK doesn't have RP(or enough RP), his IBF does nothing but sit on his bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
    stop being so simple minded and wasting GC's time w/ random shit.
    Man this is good advice for like 80% of the shit people waste the Dev's time with on both twitter and the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    If you're not Blood, IBF is 20% damage reduction, with a RP cost(and a 3 min CD). You can't just pop it whenever you feel like. If the rogue cheap shots when the DK doesn't have RP(or enough RP), his IBF does nothing but sit on his bar.
    Wait. You're saying to use one Horn of Winter is too hard? You have Howling Blast to spam. That's 40 Runic power + generation fromabilites.

Either way, if you see the rogue is stealthed, please make sure you have enough runic power.. I mean... What else are you doing? Trying to look for him?