Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still like the game, the bull shit they pull with mesmers combined with the bull shit of lost isle made me lose my religion

    Debating on rerolling to necro but ugh I hate leveling :3
    Lost isles is still my favorite zone, so idk what you're upset about =(

    As for the prof thing I've went from ranger and am very slowly/quickly (slowly leveling an build up wise, quickly liking wise) making my engi into my main.... I normally hate the sort of thing engi is... But for some reason I'm enjoying everything about it and unlike rangers where I don't even want to touch a good amount of the skills I have my engi doesn't have enough skill slots for me...

    That being said I suggest you try out another prof, maybe mesmers just not what you wanted?

    PS: I love my Mesmer, but in PvE I can't hear the laments of the enemies women and collect the enemies tears in a jar so it's not as much fun, and then in sPvP it's portal or gtfo =(
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So you are saying the content is.. NPC chatter. Gotcha.
    More like "actual content is bumped to later in Feb, this is a prelude with some mechanics stuff we didn't want to wait on."

    And for everyone saying "no mounts", it quite obviously says Riding Broom!

    Riding Brooms for all!

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 08:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Confirmed no new dragons, cantha, or mounts.

    Let there be FIRE
    I initially misread "dragons, bantha or mounts" and was like "WTF, people wanted Bantha?"

  3. #43
    Lost isles is still my favorite zone, so idk what you're upset about =(
    If soloing champions offered a decent sort of reward I would agree, I just think there is a lack of development for the island after the event and from the looks of the next few months we won't be seeing more then the spider BAMS they stole from TERA.

    Yes I went there *snaps fingers*

  4. #44
    what is a spider BAMS?

  5. #45
    It's a "big-ass-monster" spider mob from Tera. The Kraken are somewhat similar in look.

    Pretty insignificant compared to Tera's marvelous combat design. But meh.

  6. #46
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    7,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's a "big-ass-monster" spider mob from Tera. The Kraken are somewhat similar in look.

    Pretty insignificant compared to Tera's marvelous combat design. But meh.
    Oh wow, they really do look like the pain in the ass to solo bams.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

    So you are saying the content is.. NPC chatter. Gotcha.
    Yes. I dont see anything wrong with NPC's possibly setting up the story for the upcoming months. They have said a few times that the january patch will be small in terms of content but its gonna add alot of features as well as "Set up the story for the coming months". Just read the post. Refugees in Diessa/Wayfarer are seeking help.

    What are they running from? Forces from new elderdragons? Or are the Sons of Svanir and Flame Leigon each making big pushes? Maybe the dredge want more territory in Diessa? We dont know, but maybe some of the NPCs will enlighten us on what it is they are fleeing from, which will give us an idea as to what may come in Feb/March.

    Isnt this what guildwars 2 is all about? That sense of discovery? They cant just give it to us all at once, they are learning from previous content patches and have decided to release content over a span of time rather than short windows.

  8. #48
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    492
    I can't wait to see what the "expansions worth of content for free" will be in Feb(suppose to be in Jan and Feb, but there doesn't seem to be content for Jan.) I would guess their definition of content to be around the same size of their standalone GW1 games or EOTN, which should be exciting.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I can't wait to see what the "expansions worth of content for free" will be in Feb(suppose to be in Jan and Feb, but there doesn't seem to be content for Jan.) I would guess their definition of content to be around the same size of their standalone GW1 games or EOTN, which should be exciting.
    They already admitted that January won't be anything major as they first announced mainly because like 70% of the company were in vacations, thus Jan pack will be more some improved features that they have been working on and as you see here: The start of a bigger "story". But still they said that Jan and Feb became Feb and March. I'm very excited to what will come in Feb...but can't get too hopeful XD

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    They already admitted that January won't be anything major as they first announced mainly because like 70% of the company were in vacations, thus Jan pack will be more some improved features that they have been working on and as you see here: The start of a bigger "story". But still they said that Jan and Feb became Feb and March. I'm very excited to what will come in Feb...but can't get too hopeful XD
    I didn't know that it was changed to Feb and March. That is okay though, an expansions worth of content for free will be worth an extra month wait.

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I didn't know that it was changed to Feb and March. That is okay though, an expansions worth of content for free will be worth an extra month wait.
    This, totally this... not to mention that the whole Fire and Ice theme (i'm assuming Svanir and Flame Legion) just sounds really epics and has me really excited =D

    PS: For expansions worth of content look more at EoTN content wise, because Factions, Nightfall, and Prophecies were all designed to be 100% stand alone games that you could link together.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  12. #52
    Are the changes to Orr coming with this patch?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's a "big-ass-monster" spider mob from Tera. The Kraken are somewhat similar in look.

    Pretty insignificant compared to Tera's marvelous combat design. But meh.
    You forgot also similar in mechanics too. From the rolling, to spitting out acid.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You forgot also similar in mechanics too. From the rolling, to spitting out acid.
    I don't really know what the kraken do in GW2. I just stood in the zerg and pressed the 1 key every so many minutes in LA/Sunshine Island. Kraken just seemed to twitch and glow with effects.

    GW2 is quite fun to wander the world but about as deep as a street side puddle. Le meh.

  15. #55
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't really know what the kraken do in GW2. I just stood in the zerg and pressed the 1 key every so many minutes in LA/Sunshine Island. Kraken just seemed to twitch and glow with effects.
    This was my experience with the crabs aswell. Except half the time i couldn't even see them.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't really know what the kraken do in GW2. I just stood in the zerg and pressed the 1 key every so many minutes in LA/Sunshine Island. Kraken just seemed to twitch and glow with effects.

    GW2 is quite fun to wander the world but about as deep as a street side puddle. Le meh.
    If you go back you can still fight some champions. They have the same mechanics as spider BAMS. From spitting acid infront of them, doing a jump then slamming town, spinning in place inflicting poison, and then rolling in a straight path down its side.

    The only thing new is it summons small adds which I don't remember TERA spider bams doing that.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you go back you can still fight some champions. They have the same mechanics as spider BAMS. From spitting acid infront of them, doing a jump then slamming town, spinning in place inflicting poison, and then rolling in a straight path down its side.

    The only thing new is it summons small adds which I don't remember TERA spider bams doing that.
    Karka also have their shell mechanic, while the shell is active they gain constant retal, stability, and protection.

    Some have sticky disgusting goop they vomit on you that immobs you (they like to do this before they barrel roll you) some of them also transfer all the condis on them via their spit.

    Then there's the 4 way stomp that the ones that barrel roll will do when their shell is broken instead of rolling, in addition the ones that jump up try to land -on- people once their shell breaks, both of which completely wreck your healthbar and are hard to avoid.

    PS: I'm not saying they are or are not similar to Spider Bams I've hardly played Tera (mostly due to lack of enjoyment, that was probably due to the fact I had to play on a friends account and the character made me feel like a pedo and the play style was lame), I'm just adding in some things you forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  18. #58
    There are minor differnces yes.

    However it's just way too similar to be a coincidence

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There are minor differnces yes.

    However it's just way too similar to be a coincidence
    I'm not denying nor confirming that lol, I just wanted to throw in some of the mechanics they have, I fight karka A LOT.

    EDIT: I'm gonna disagree on them looking similar apperance wise (this is assuming the picture I saw is actually a spider Bams) it looks more like a parasect to me than a Karka... Like A LOT more... It even has a giant mushroom thing for a back... Mechanics wise I will not comment.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2013-01-23 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I'm not denying nor confirming that lol, I just wanted to throw in some of the mechanics they have, I fight karka A LOT.
    then play tera when it goes f2p in a week get to level 26 and solo the spider.

    DO IT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •