Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    then play tera when it goes f2p in a week get to level 26 and solo the spider.

DO IT
    Oh it's going F2P? I might play it sometime then... no promises though...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Are the changes to Orr coming with this patch?
    I hope so. Reaally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Oh it's going F2P? I might play it sometime then... no promises though...
    Don't do it! Lol. But really, it's impossible to play a game where the combat does not make up for the "rest" of the game, even for free lol.

Sry for derailing, but i'm looking forward to trying TERA. I'm going to play those loli little girls because im a dirty person.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    it's impossible to play a game where the combat does not make up for the "rest" of the game, even for free lol.
    Huh? The rest of the game in Tera is fine. Standard MMO faire, but the game is not ill designed.

What specifically about the "rest" of the game is lacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Huh? The rest of the game in Tera is fine. Standard MMO faire, but the game is not ill designed.

What specifically about the "rest" of the game is lacking?
    Game is functional but aside from the combat what else is there that we don't see elsewhere and better? Not lacking, just really blend. Granted I haven't played after 3 months after launch but until there it was pretty bad. I pre purchased it and just gave it to my friend who gave it back to me. It's just personal opinion tho.

So you are saying a game that is functional and well designed is not worth trying for free?

Kinda like, not a super awesome personal opinion.

So you are saying a game that is functional and well designed is not worth trying for free?

Kinda like, not a super awesome personal opinion.
    Where the hell did I say it was well designed? I just said functional because it's "working". If anything it's copy-paste situation, but then again personal opinion last time I checked was mine, right?
    Last edited by Zilong; 2013-01-23 at 11:50 PM.

I asked if you can point out areas it was lacking and you didn't. So like,

>> Standard MMO fair, but the game is not ill designed.
    >> Not lacking, just really bland.

In gameplay Tera is superb.

That awkward moment when a member tells 2 Moderators that they are going off-topic! Keep it on topic guys or else..! <3

Just like you...and the quests in tera, and the pvp and all else.

Back on topic then :O..

Tera is bo-ring. Take GW2 and remove all the new design but combat.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

tera is very similar to Aion in the questing and such, it was rather drab I felt

it also just depends on what your preferences are in an mmo as well

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the trial for that game, managed to make it to level 9 before i got bored and there was this one quest that required a mob to kill and there were dozens of people waiting to tag it, everytime someone did it another 3 would come to take his place. And yes there were actual groups to tag it but no one in my group would manage to tag this mob.
    Was there for half an hour before i gave up. Anyways sorry for being off-topic. Hoping that the Prelude content is actually something substancial and not just a couple of events.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-01-24 at 12:30 AM.

Well if it's just a prelude event I don't expect it would be TOO substantial.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

haha is this a Tera-thread now? I actually tried it last week, so much fun in the character-creation, human male are superior to any design GW2 has for those... then I played the game... met 4 people in the starter area (?)... killstealing whereever I looked, everyone did his own thing... I never got loot I deserved and people played against each other instead of enjoying others company. And then looking for questgivers after I've done boooring kill 10 rats quests. These weren't even a little bit intertwined in some meaningful szenario (like the bandits who raid a farm), mobs just standing there waiting to get killed...

Sorry, no... I can't go back to those kind of games
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-01-24 at 12:54 AM.

Human males are pretty good there. The best human models I've seen in a game was AoC though.

Anyway, enough off topic from me, I promise.

I like how I corrupted this thread

>.>

*Mesmer at work*

:P

All I want is them to take WvW out of the monthly. There's a pvp monthly if you want that and wvw is broken anyways. Invisible enemies, boy this is fun hur de dur. Requiring broken pvp in a monthly is a pretty awkward oversight.
    Last edited by Rukh; 2013-01-24 at 01:15 AM.

I'd rather them take out the fractals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd rather them take out the fractals
    I'd rather they take out BOTH dungeons and wvw off those dailies/monthly