Thread: Gaming computer

Gaming computer

Hello guys, i just ordered my new gaming computer and wanted to know what you think.

If i rly want but thats a hastle, i can still change something but i think its a good machine now.

Motherboard:
    Moederborden Socket 1155
    ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE
    FW, RAID, Gb-LAN, Sound, µATX

CPU:
    CPUs Socket 1155
    Intel® Core™ i5-3570K
    FC-LGA4, "Ivy Bridge"

CPU Cooler:
    CPUs Koelers
    Scythe Mugen 3 SCMG-3100 Rev. B

Graphic card:
    GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 670 OC
    DisplayPort, HDMI, 2x DVI

Power supply:
    Voedingen
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
    Zwart

Case:
    Cooler Master CM690II Advanced +Window USB3.0
    Zwart

HDD:
    Harddisks 3,5 inch SATA
    Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1 TB

SSD:
    Samsung MZ-7PD128BW
    (Bulk, SATA 600, 840 Pro Serie, MLC-Chips, Trim)

What is the point in making this kind of thread after you've bought it?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I have one week to change things if needed if something rly bad is implemented but i had to order it cuz of discount

You could've saved money by purchasing a cheaper motherboard, PSU (you don't need 800W for the system). I would've bought the Noctua NH-D14 instead of the Scythe Mugen 3, the cooling capabilities between the two are significant.
    As n0cturnal said, none of this is relevant since you've already purchased it.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2013-01-22 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    Why a mATX mobo? You have space for a regular ATX in that case, and while I don't know what you intend to do with your hardware I think you'd be fine with a cheaper motherboard. I used a P8Z77-V in a recent build with similar performance and it works great, in fact it was probably even overkill.

This system would probably run with a 400W PSU so unless you plan to add another GPU you could save some money on a cheaper PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Why a mATX mobo? You have space for a regular ATX in that case, and while I don't know what you intend to do with your hardware I think you'd be fine with a cheaper motherboard. I used a P8Z77-V in a recent build with similar performance and it works great, in fact it was probably even overkill.

This system would probably run with a 400W PSU so unless you plan to add another GPU you could save some money on a cheaper PSU.
    I kind of just looked up what were good things and try to make it work.. is it worse to have a mATX mobo?

For the PSU i wanted to go for a very silent one and some friends said that gold one was very good so i picked that one.. i have a 850w now that the pc shop adviced me so i thought 800 would be good enough

Edit: I also went for the maximus cuz of the better sound on board .. those 2 mobos are same price
    Last edited by Alisya; 2013-01-22 at 05:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You already ordered it and this is the first thread of its kind I can recall where the parts ordered don't make any alarms go off. Good job.

There's really no discussion to be had though, so don't be shocked if this gets locked.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Call it pre-ordered cuz the motherboard is not in stock for a week i could change anything i want...

But it was cuz of the promotion on some parts that i had to make a "deal", but i'm glad that no alarm bells go off ringing cuz hardware is not my strongest, so i had to look up a lot

15+ Year Old Account
    i agree with getting a normal size motherboard. if it saves you money you can get a smaller psu, otherwise just leave it as-is

the biggest disadvantage of a mATX motherboard is you can't run two video cards
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisya View Post
    I kind of just looked up what were good things and try to make it work.. is it worse to have a mATX mobo?
    It's not necessarily worse but mATX are smaller versions of the regular ATX boards meaning less slots, features etc. If it performs well and you don't need the extras then it doesn't really matter.

Aha ... if i change it i don't have to wait anymore i supose.. (to that P8Z77-V)

Few questions:
    - That better sound on board of the maximus is that gona make a big difference?
    - Might be a dumb question but can you give me an example why i would put in 2 graphic cards ? is that just if i want to have like 3-4 screens with crossfire or something like that? cuz i don't see that happening.. i'm gona play high end games most of the time and design ..

edit: and are we talking about P8Z77-V (same price as maximus) or the P8Z77-V deluxe?
    Last edited by Alisya; 2013-01-22 at 06:27 PM.

Did you order RAM?

2 Graphics cards would be SLI(Nvidia) or Crossfire(AMD). Basically just more performance for higher resolution gaming or more demanding games. Though, at 1080p, a 670 should be able to max anything current.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Did you order RAM?

2 Graphics cards would be SLI(Nvidia) or Crossfire(AMD). Basically just more performance for higher resolution gaming or more demanding games. Though, at 1080p, a 670 should be able to max anything current.
    Yes m8, forgot to include it, i took the KingstonHyperX 16 GB DDR3-1600 Quad-Kit (4)

Aha i don't think i will go for 2 graphic cards.. but seeing all the posts here, the best descision would probably be to go to the other motherboard for same price (the bigger one)?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I have the p8Z77-V myself, and it is a great board. Be aware that part of the price is because of the wifi module.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Alisya View Post
    Yes m8, forgot to include it, i took the KingstonHyperX 16 GB DDR3-1600 Quad-Kit (4)

Aha i don't think i will go for 2 graphic cards.. but seeing all the posts here, the best descision would probably be to go to the other motherboard for same price (the bigger one)?
    I think you are mistaking the Maximus V Gene for a m-ITX card. They don't support 2 video cards. This one does. This one will also outperform your standard run of the mill P8 card all the way to the bank. The size difference between this one and an ATX is 6CM, thats one PCIE slot and a few SATA/USB etc.

I do not see any reason to swap a superior card for a physically bigger card that won't perform as well as this one in any way once you start clocking. It won't even have handy extra features like this one has. That my friend is bad advice. Go ahead and get the Gene, don't listen to this nonsense.